Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26
E
OP Offline
E
and insert your punch line here..I don't have one and can't think of a good one but by all means feel free to insert one in my thread..

If you want to read about my sitch the whole bloody, gory mess is linked down in my signature line.

What you see in bold is the last update from my last thread looks like Bullfrog locked up last night after that post.

I'll update ya..another really good night tonight..W came in we both work on dinner..leftovers from yesterday since we are both so tired. I do a 180...W has started sitting D2 up at the big dinner table in a booster seat to teach her some table manners..we usually ate in front of the TV before W started doing this and even after she started eating over there I still stayed in front of the TV and ate..tonight I do a 180 and join them..it was nice...made lots of small talk about her day..she really gave me a in depth play by play..and she asked about mine..we joked a lot..After dinner and after I folded some laundry..I walked over to her, you could tell she was really tired, sat down in front of her and gently started rubbing her foot..she vocally and physically resisted for 1/2 second..lol then her eyes sorta rolled back in her head..lol..went from footrub to back rub..lots of joking going on while I do this and a few times she gave me some great looks..looks I have not seen in 8-9 months...we had a good time with D2 also..

I'm out and about with D2 tomorrow. The W gets alone time. She is talking about bubble baths..outside work and some other things. She also ASKED me if it was alright if she went to Hilton Head next weekend with the D to see her best friend..it sorta upsets me that I will get left out but due to the sitch I'm in I understand..it will be good for her and me to have some more time apart I think..I told her she did not have to ask for permission and I thought it was a good idea if she went. so that's where we are tonight..Things are really good here..

I do not expect anything to change in my sitch.I see some positives but If its and buts were candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas. I gotta see actions..I gotta see her say, lets stop this for a bit and look at things.

I still expect the D to happen and I'm sure mediation will be scheduled by her L soon..the only thing that can stop this freight train are concrete actions on her part..

some things I left out of my update last night..W read 5 Love Languages..she liked it..she said my LL was physical (surprise). I asked her what's yours?? She says she is a combination of 3 which I already knew..QT, Affirmations and Physical touch..she actually believes all of us carry and want all the LL's mentioned in the book...I can agree to a certain extent..

I'm out of here with my D shortly but will be back later tonight.

so that's it..if you new here and don't know me my name is Mike. Come on in, grab a seat and don't be shy. There are good people here..you're in a good place

YOU are gonna be alright no matter what happens.

G
G
Okay, Mike...

A punch line..

Two WAW meet in a bar and immediately hit it off.

Their connection is like magic. While exchanging cell numbers they ask with gooey eyes, "Where have you been all my life?"

Both faces looked shock as they read the numbers.

"Holy crap, with your spouse!"

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted By: Gypsy
Okay, Mike...

A punch line..

Two WAW meet in a bar and immediately hit it off.

Their connection is like magic. While exchanging cell numbers they ask with gooey eyes, "Where have you been all my life?"

Both faces looked shock as they read the numbers.

"Holy crap, with your spouse!"

I knew you would come through for me..Laughter is good for the soul. better than crying.

G
G
Ooops... I was referring to Walk Away Spouses!

*cute blush*

S
S
Quote:
I still expect the D to happen and I'm sure mediation will be scheduled by her L soon..the only thing that can stop this freight train are concrete actions on her part..

Hey Mike, first of all, you locked your own thread this time my friend.

Secondly, you use the word expect a lot. Why? Because you think about the outcome a lot and what is going to happen. Not for nothing but this can in time be damaging to the old psyche.....

Mike quit worrying about it man, what will happen will happen right? You have been down this road before and you know from the first ride that YOU have zero control over the outcome that god has in store for you. All you can do is keep being the best man that you can and the rest is out of your hands.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

G
G
Two WAW's meeting in a bar sounds more interesting.

M - I think you are right to keep expectations low, but keep hope alive. There are a lot of encouraging things I see in your W, and you have time - so you need patience. There are not many successes, but many turn around suddenly and unexpectedly. Hang in there.

Me45 W35 M6 T8
D16 SD11 D0
Dec 07: Bomb
July 08: Busted!
Thread
S
S
Quote:
There are not many successes, but many turn around suddenly and unexpectedly. Hang in there.

Hey Gforce, There are 1000's of successes, just not all marriages are restored! It is not the guideline by which we judge success or failure.

I do however agree that M's wife is showing signs and hope is a good thing. My stressor is no expectations,what will be will be.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

S
S
Good for all of you for moving to the dinner table. I found that leaving the TV on "Everybody Loves Raymond" while we ate dinner was ruining my marriage. Turn the stupid thing off and have a nice meal together.

S
S
AMEN to that Sara.......... Damn ESPN......

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

A
A
Mike - How did W come to read 5 LL ?

Mine is still sort of hidden but I did mention I was reading it at MC in the week, but not sure my W even heard it as she's said nothing.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard