Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
My last thread: Go Beavers!

I have another animal haunting me now. Several Raccoons have been causing trouble around my house (messing up my garden). I got woken the other night by 2 of those things having a huge fight outside my window. They are very ferocious. The neighbors even had a female with a litter living under their house and had to hire someone to remove them.

This morning, D5 called me to talk as usual. She asked me if I wanted to talk with OM who was right next to her. I told her kindly - No. She then said that W was on OM's Harley yesterday. How do you tell a 5 year old that you dont want to know about these details?

I am awaiting anxiously for the lawyers to haggle out the financial details of the D. What will the numbers be?

I cant wait to go on vacation next month. I love road trip camping.

G
G
Raccoons are cute to look at, but they're nasty little buggers.

I don't know how to gently let D5 know you'd rather be spared the details. I was about 6 when my parents divorced. Thankfully neither parent subjected my sister and I to any of their new friends for quite awhile. Although I think it bothered my mom when we'd tell her things about my step mom several years later. I don't know if it ever gets easy...

((((Kerry))))

Have a wonderful weekend.

M: 37
H: 36
Married: Aug 13, 2004
Decision to Divorce: July 20, 2008
Reconciled: September 2008
Current: Ambivalence
E
E
Originally Posted By: KerryK
My last thread: Go Beavers!

I have another animal haunting me now. Several Raccoons have been causing trouble around my house (messing up my garden). I got woken the other night by 2 of those things having a huge fight outside my window. They are very ferocious. The neighbors even had a female with a litter living under their house and had to hire someone to remove them.

This morning, D5 called me to talk as usual. She asked me if I wanted to talk with OM who was right next to her. I told her kindly - No. She then said that W was on OM's Harley yesterday. How do you tell a 5 year old that you dont want to know about these details?

I am awaiting anxiously for the lawyers to haggle out the financial details of the D. What will the numbers be?

I cant wait to go on vacation next month. I love road trip camping.

By the way, speaking of Beavers, Portland Beavers..I believe a local boy from our area played for them at one time.. Kevin Barker, 1ST BASEMAN..you ever heard of him. He played in the bigs for a few years for the brewers and Padres. I know his sister very well, she works at the same company I do AND USED TO DATE MY BEST FRIEND.

J
J
Kerry,

I don't know how you and Woog do it. You are one tough hombre! I would not be able to handle what you are going through and keep the attitude that you have. You truly are an inspiration to me and others I am sure. I think I said this to Woog before but you are a good man and a good dad.
Keep your head up.

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
By the way, speaking of Beavers, Portland Beavers..I believe a local boy from our area played for them at one time.. Kevin Barker, 1ST BASEMAN..you ever heard of him.

Mike, I dont really follow the team all that much and have not heard of him. The kids and I just like going to watch the action, but dont get too caught up in minor league ball. Once someone starts getting good, the Padres will call them up.

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: john210
I don't know how you and Woog do it.

Thanks John. I think the key is to just keep busy. Also, the longer this has been going on, the more I realize that my W was not quite a catch to begin with and I can do much better. The OM can have her. The main thing that hurts now is what the kids have to go through, but W and I are giving them a good life.

W
W2G Offline
W
You are a fantastic Dad!!!!

Your wife is going to wake up one day and wonder what the heck she's done.

W2G

Me 34/H 32
D 3

Previous Thread
G
G
Actually.. the day of reckoning will be the day our spouses wake up and not know who their children are.

*hugs*

K
K
Hi Kerry,

sorry I haven't been around much. I don't think you can tell your kids you don't want to know about their life because sadly this man is part of their life now. I bet it hurts like crazy but you are a great dad and you will put them first and will find a way to handle it.
I echo John, you are an inspiration (same as Woog) to many of us.

Kalni

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I believe my W knows she has messed up. This morning when I was talking to her on the phone, I asked her if she changed and paid for her insurance on the Hyundai. She tried the guilt trip on me by saying she did not have any money. I told her that we have a mutual fund and I can split that with her now instead of waiting on the lawyers. She had no answer.

The 3 day weekend without the kids is a big cleaning time for me. I actually need many more free weekends to clean up all of pack rat mess my W has created. My problem is I start trying to do so many things at once and get side tracked. Yesterday I was doing windows and went outside to clean those. I decided to get the blower out and cleanup the pine needles and leaves from the patio. Then it was pressure washing the siding which then turned into pressure washing my shed and patio. At the same time I was multitasking getting another big space ready for a raised vegetable garden. I finally finished the windows and removed the crawl space vents and went to Lowes to by a bunch of 2*6 pressure treated lumber for my raised beds. I decided that the cedar fence boards I have used before would only last about 3 years before deteriorating.

So today it is raining and I am going to town on the inside of the house cleaning and putting a lot of W's clutter in bags.

W said she is going to stop by with the kids to go through a bunch of the clutter and the kids clothes. I cant wait until the day she has all of her stuff out of my house and OM can deal with her messes (and her anger).

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard