Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Ohio_Mark #1307818 12/27/07 12:08 AM
L
L
How'd it go???

LL44 #1307881 12/27/07 01:28 AM
T
T
Mark also curious how did the necklace go? Did she give you something for Christmas? Is the ice lady melting any with it being her birthday? Maybe you could give her one of those over the hill cards. LOL!!!

O
OP Offline
O
Ice is as thick as ever. She put very little thought into my gift (a jacket). And it didn't fit. No fault of hers - it's the same size that I would have bought for myself. So I got that and a DVD (movie).

The necklace was a hit. She put it on immediately. Here is a pic:
Birthday present

But she never expressed any gratitude. This is not like her, really. But she's in quite a fog now.

I expect divorce talk to resume in less that three weeks. She wants to file, and get away from me. I am so horrible...

Whatever....

Me: 48
Divorce final May 2010
B: 19
B: 15
G: 9

Ohio_Mark #1307961 12/27/07 02:55 AM
T
T
The necklace is pretty. Glad it was a hit. At least ice woman did buy you a gift. She could have been nastier.

Mark if she wanted to file she could have already done it. Try not to assume the worst. Although I know tyou have to mentally prepare yourself. I am so sorry you are feeling depressed. I know this has to hurt. Just keep in mind your a good man and have tried hard. Mark maybe it would be a good thing for her to see the damaged side of you. Meaning what this has done to you. Or what you are honestly feeling. Maybe it wouldn;t help. But maybe just maybe it could. : (

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted By: tryingtoholdon
The necklace is pretty.

It's a very nice piece. Genuine silver....with simulated birthstones of the kids. The real deal would have cost $500 more... And nobody would be able to tell the difference.

She could have been nastier.

For my birthday (in July) I got a t-shirt and a DVD. Thanks for the effort...

Mark if she wanted to file she could have already done it. Try not to assume the worst. Although I know you have to mentally prepare yourself.

I agree that if she really wanted to file, she would have done so already. The irony here is that she is scared of the divorce. And I am not.

Mark maybe it would be a good thing for her to see the damaged side of you. Meaning what this has done to you. Or what you are honestly feeling. Maybe it wouldn't help. But maybe just maybe it could. : (

I disagree on this one. She needs to see me as strong and confident. Showing weakness will give her another excuse. I need to be myself. Being phony (weak, needy, depressed, moody) will drive her away. And being "me" has nothing to do with her. It's who I am. Whether she likes it or not.

But thank you, thank you, thank you for the input. I treasure it. I really do.

Me: 48
Divorce final May 2010
B: 19
B: 15
G: 9

Ohio_Mark #1308199 12/27/07 12:43 PM
N
N
Hey, Mark,

At least a t-shirt and a DVD took a little forethought.

Do you want to know what my W got me? Three of the boxes of chocolate that my S6 has been selling for his school fundraiser (he had already asked me did I want to buy some.)

Very last minute.

Still, after giving both my W and the MIL some nice gifts in the name of my S's, I really hadn't expected anything at all from them. No expectations = no disappointments. I was just amused at what they had scrambled to come up with.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
D
D
Originally Posted By: NoCodeBlues
I really hadn't expected anything at all from them. No expectations = no disappointments.

NoCode,

YES.... This is the way to look at it. For our annv. I bought a necklace, Made a special dinner, got her a nice card...... and what did I get???? Dirty dishes....
But like you said it was ok. I was not hurt.... I went and played pool with my son... He geve me a smile that was worth more than any card she could have given me..

Hey Mark,
Hang in there bud. The way I look at it is the new year is comming and I think change is around the corner one way or another And I think you might be like me and just want it to go one way or the other. this changing lanes thing really sucks.

(STILL have you beat 365 plus (unless you count that Kiss I got)

Husband

Last edited by husband; 12/27/07 12:57 PM.

And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard