Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
BethM #1215323 09/28/07 11:00 PM
How you doin'? (Conjuring up my best Joey from Friends voice)

Hope all is well with you and you've put doo-doo brain and his petty actions to the side. If not, I think you need to pour yourself a glass, put up your feet, and take stock of how wonderful you and your life really is.

Thanks for the sweet words on my thread...I'm willing to share my vino if you need some!

SD

Me: 40
H: 43
H had EA from 2/06-9/06
Bomb 5/06
Piecing since 9/2006
3/2008: Boundary setting
7/2009: Boundary crossing~dropped my own bomb.
8/2010: Marriage finally on track!
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks so much to all of my friends. Having a bit of a rough spot this week. Understandable, of course. I'm just feeling a bit resentful of X's attitude to me about the overdraft fee he incurred, it's $25, while he and gf fly to his cousin's wedding this weekend. I know Rob thinks I let him have too much control over my feelings, and I try not to. But I've been a little less composed this week in general so I wasn't prepared for his sh!t and I didn't handle it as I would have preferred. That's life, I guess.

I'm glad my kids are home for the weekend. I've already dealt w/ major tantrum from D6 an hour or so ago. Not a big surprise as the other day she told me they were up until 10 wednesday night. OUCH! I also sat her down today to clarify some convos I've had with her. Every time she asks about the D/S, I tell her that mommy and daddy are just happier apart. I've started worrying that she would feel she caused that so today I decided to clarify that daddy wasn't happy with mommy. Now, f21 and I talked about this earlier and I know that I don't own that much of this sitch, but in keeping things simplified for the moment, I am going to leave it at that. Now I don't worry as much about her blaming herself for her parents being unhappy.

Jill... you rocked me by using julie instead of jooolie. Was that your serious, I'm gonna use your middle name if you aren't careful, voice??

Kev, Joe, suzy, Ian, Cori, SD, Bethie and Jill... Thanks friends for being my safe harbor. I'm working on my smile. Just need a little refresher over the weekend, I s'pose. Enjoy your weekends!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
K
K
Julie,

Quote:
But I've been a little less composed this week in general so I wasn't prepared for his sh!t and I didn't handle it as I would have preferred.

Wanna bet that he knew it was the bombiversary and that's part of the reason why he was dishin' sh!t?

Good going with D6. You're probably going to have to go through some version of that same convo many, many times. Don't be surprised one day to hear her repeat another version of what happened, either.

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
koshka #1215340 09/28/07 11:34 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks, Joe. I know you're right on all fronts there.

Almost forgot to mention. I talked to my L today about closing that joint account that X overdrew. She said do it. She also said that if I had closed the account and his ins had been canceled for nonpayment, he would have been in contempt of court. So, maybe paying me that $25 fee back will be more palatable when he realizes how much money I probably saved him.

You're welcome.

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
That's more like it! You as probably always saved his ass in some one form or another, once again did the responsible thing. This truly isn't about you but about the way he feels about all of the creepy and underhanded things he's done. I guess living with that isn't such a bed of roses huh?

Vent to us. We'll be glad to listen. Then smile away when he talks his trash and immediately call your lawyer!

This really sucks for the girls!

Love,
Bethie

BethM #1215355 09/29/07 12:01 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks Bethie... It does suck for the girls. And I just wish I felt like venting would make me feel better. I was doing pretty good yesterday, but the gals I went out with only wanted to talk about what an a$$ H is and what a 'b' OW is, etc... let's just say, my mood last night turned pretty sour.

I guess I feel like I want to be able to talk about SOMETHING. Something other than me, myself and I. I mean, jeesh, I'm fascinating and wonderful and all, but I'm sick of me.

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Quote:
I mean, jeesh, I'm fascinating and wonderful and all, but I'm sick of me.

Yes you poor deluded creature, you are all those things and more, but I don't have time to go there at the moment.

I have an idea, let's talk about me. That's sounds like so much more fun now doesn't it?

BethM #1215372 09/29/07 12:32 AM
I
OP Offline
I
YES!!!!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
K
K
Bethie,

Quote:
I have an idea, let's talk about me.
Isn't that what's going on over here?

I was hoping with that thread that we could get you to come out of your shell and mix just a little bit. You're such a wallflower.

Thanks,

Joe

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
koshka #1215410 09/29/07 01:36 AM
HI JOEY,

Yes it is hard for me to put myself out there but when you've spent your whole life in the background it's a very hard thing to change. Thank you for always worriying and looking in on me Joe and for being such a gosh darn great mentor!

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard