Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
R
R
Sorry to hear you had to see the kids off; I purposely left before my kids had to go, because I couldn't see the car off. Its ok to let those feelings come through, sometimes, though.

Oh, and about Knocked Up--better than going out to GET knocked up (was the first thing that popped into my head).

Don't be surprised if the kids and/or the friend mention this to H--sometimes it is better for them to hear their pig-headedness from others for a change, instead of us.

I'm going to think about keeping a time journal for the kids, myself--think its a good idea.

Keep your head up--what else are you planning for the weekend? D and I are getting nails done tomorrow morning, then off to buy her a bedroom set I saw. :0)

{{{J}}}

(((stillme)))
Sorry it was rough seeing the kids off. I just hate all the different hurts we have to experience as a result of S or D. \:\(

And, yeah, I thought you were going out to get Knocked Up tonight too at first.

Me(34)
H(36)
M for 11 yrs
S4
D1.5
Bomb 9/2006

N
N
Sorry about the rough spot still. Hope you had fun tonight.

Originally Posted By: Nomopo
Sunny, quit including me in those sorts of comments.

You weren't including me. It was still and OT. I'm humiliated.

Last edited by Nomopo; 06/09/07 03:56 AM.

M 39
W 39
M'd 10 yrs; T 14 yrs
S7 D4
Bomb 5-8-05
W not working on M 1-22-07; EA 2-22
DB 4-10
S 6-11
No more C
Link
S
stillme Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the hugs, all. As you can see, it's way late but I'm up checking in w/y'all b/f I can sleep. lol.

Knocked Up was hugely funny - I recommend it to everyone! The guys in the audience (who prolly were there - at a 'chick flick' - pretty reluctantly at first) laughed the loudest!! And it was seriously funny thruout the whole thing. It's got the ('girl' stuff) R angles, but also shows Men at their, uh, unique Guy-ness selves. Funny, but also very touching, too (in a not-sappy way), b/c it's about, well, being pregnant & giving birth. Made me, o/c, compare it to H&me w/our first pregnancy/birth and, thruout, I'd think "J would laugh his butt off at that!" or "That reminds me of what H said/did during [ultrasound, baby-shopping, birth...]"

LOL about me getting Knocked Up. I really don't think immaculate conceptions occur much knowadays, so I think I'm safe. ;\)

My friend [who is driving to GA w/her husband/kids] had my kids call me 3 times today! God bless her heart. \:\)

As for the rest of the wkend, my BFF from Tampa is driving in in the a.m., but we don't have any def. plans yet. That eve., my friend A is supposed to be meeting another friend & a guy she wants A to meet for dinner, and A wants me & BFF to join them. We'll see. Sun. I have no plans yet.

Good news, tho, on the P.front since we ran into friend/A's co-worker & her family at dinner tonight & she & her daughter want me to give P.lessons in their home!

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Me: 45 - WAH: 36
S8; D6
M: 11 yrs 07/06
Initial Bomb 10/06; D Bomb 11/06 - DBing begun 1/5/07 - H moved out 03/16/07
To date: No papers filed; H not seen a L; trying to convince me to MUTUALLY file for D
N
N
Hey still - we're night owls, but I'm cashing it in.

M 39
W 39
M'd 10 yrs; T 14 yrs
S7 D4
Bomb 5-8-05
DB 4-10
S 6-11
No more C
Link
S
stillme Offline OP
OP Offline
S
In my pity party morning yest. I had the (pitiful) thought that it's been exactly 5 mo. + 5 days since the last time H asked me how I was - and that was pretty quickly followed w/the thought that it's been even longer than that (definately pre-Bomb! 3 mo. earlier) that I'd asked HIM that question. So. . . lots of reflection on that whole subject and. . .

This morn. D calls from GA (from H's phone; yest. all calls were from friend's cell) & as we talk I hear H in the background (He & D were getting b'fast), so I know he's hearing her side of the convo. I ask D about the hotel (The girl wants to live in the Grand Floridian "when we have more money" & she's all about living large!) & talk positively when she says she wants to come home to see me; asked her to draw me a pic of the hotel or the pool area or her having fun, etc. Finally, when she asks if I wanted to talk to H, I said "Sure!" and, first thing I say is (cheerful) "Hi! How's it going?" (Ok, not quite Hallmark, but much better than our standard flat "Hey"s, lol) and, surprise, surprise, we talked nicely & casually for maybe 5 min., with even a tiny lol from H when I expressed surprise when H said [friend/jj instructor] was stressing & he said "You obviously don't know N very well, lol." So, a good interaction & Yay, me.

Am doing more paperwork (Pilates stuff), listenign to music, catching up on some Newcomers & waiting for my BFF to arrive. Oh, and started printing out the Chapters of Stillme's life, lol. However this ends, I will want to reflect on what was said & done & not forget to remember the important stuff in life.

Cheers, friends. I'll catch y'all later!

PS - Hey, Dre---uh, Nomo, just so we're even, it's not Julie, Jennifer or Juicy(?!). . .but lots of people DREAM of me. ;\)

S8; D6
To date: No papers filed; H not seen a L; trying to convince me to MUTUALLY file for D
N
N
J,

I wouldve never guessed that one, but it fits!

Nomopo

PS - did you think you had to put it in all caps for me to "get it"? Short bus, huh?

PSS - shouldn't you be signing G instead of J?

Last edited by Nomopo; 06/09/07 02:50 PM.

M 39
W 39
M'd 10 yrs; T 14 yrs
S7 D4
Bomb 5-8-05
DB 4-10
S 6-11
No more C
Link
N
N
J,

I wouldve never guessed that one, but it fits!

Nomopo

PS - did you think you had to put it in all caps for me to "get it"? Short bus, huh?

M 39
W 39
M'd 10 yrs; T 14 yrs
S7 D4
Bomb 5-8-05
DB 4-10
S 6-11
No more C
Link
S
stillme Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
You may not have noticed, ;\) but I tend to rush to Overkill on the written word accents, expressions & adjectives.

And, no, "G" if I was in a bottle; "J" if that's my name.

S8; D6
S
S
Morning Still,

Loved the difference it made just by changing your greeting to H. Amazing @ how it matters, & how quickly H changed his tone, isn't it?

All the progress in the financial department & especially in your tweaking the presentation of it to H is too wonderful. Funny how it's sometimes hard for us to see how differently an interaction can go just by changing to ending w/ a ?. I'm going to give this a try too.

Cheers to you & have a great wkend w/BFF!

PS)BTW, I did mean you Drenomo (DB KIng), so nomo need to be
PSS)It's not Julie or Juicy(?!) for me either...but people do CALL me ;\)

M-7 yrs
together-8 yrs
S-4yr
S-15yr

Bomb-4/25/07
Sep-same day
me-49
H-49

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1510033&page=0&fpart=1

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard