Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Shay,

It's so hard being in a R/M normally, and now with the negative baggage attatched it is soooo much harder.

One day at a time. I wish I was on the other side of what life is like 5 yrs. after the EA/PA, then I may have some wise words, but I'm not there yet.

From what I have read I think time is one of the best healers after an A.

Nik

Shay5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:

It's so hard being in a R/M normally, and now with the negative baggage attatched it is soooo much harder.

amen!! this is so true but we will live through it and be a stonger person with self growth, right?

Things are good on this front- feeling pretty normal which most of you can relate too, it is a good feeling just to be right with the world - not exciting but really good. I reached over last night and felt H in the bed which a year ago was NOT the case. This I am thankful for. H had a work function last night and didnt go out after so I would freak out he said- strange as it is this is really nice gesture . I read some more of my newest book, I will Never Leave you- highly recommend it!! Took some notes- 3 steps to forgiveness and by the way you dont forgive someone to be nice to them but to be at peace with yourself.

Step one: Think through the assault - whatever it is. Everytime you objectively think it through- you heal

Step 2: Whenever you have thoughts of revenge and reinact everything to make it just so your ego can handle it, you hurt yourself!so,,,, take a deep breath, lean over , meditate for a few secs until its a habit that brings you peace

Step 3: recognize your egos part in all this- what is it that bothers you about the infraction, what is your ego trying to say? for instance - the affair hurts my ego because it is making me less important in OR, or whatever
this I am working on...

Anyway, this reading really helps me and we even dialogued last night

so,,, tonight is my work happy hour and everyone wants me to stay out late- say a prayer I do what my better self wants to do and go home sober and early!!

D12 has a swim championship tomorrow and a hangover would be awful!! Plus I want to go for a run through beautiful Miami University in Oxford where the event is...anyone want to meet me there???? Pam??

Shay

K
kml Offline
K
Hey, Shay, good to see you back
Ellie

N
N
Glad to see things are going well for you Shay.

Nitaf

Shay5 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks girls!

Good Morning Shay,

I wondered if you still run.

I still don't, but I have to get more exercise I think I would feel better if I do.

I bet it was great to reach over and H be in bed with you!

So happy for you guys that things are going well.

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
Shay5 Offline OP
OP Offline
I just posted to you too! Hang in there girl!!

Shay... thanks for your post to my thread. I had forgotten that I posted the goddess thing to you... how funny.

Ok, really important question... I have been reading your old threads... Where exactly do I put the feng shui cactus to get rid of the OP??

Thanks.

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
Shay5 Offline OP
OP Offline
ahahahahahahha- it worked for a while! and you know it died about 2 weeks ago- too much water but I am out to replace it- cant take any chances...as you walk into your main entrance it should be in the room straight ahead and possibly on the mantle- also lots of trophies and the color red in that room. Picture a grid with 3 room along the back and 3 infront- this is the middle back room on the grid- ,
you cracked me up

Shay

N
N
How long were u and H actually separated?

Nitaf

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard