Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
DB Coach
DB Coach
You know Underdog,
Mice actually live longer if they fast one day, then eat another....so that fasting thing may add years onto Hud's life!

It appears (as I skim a few of your entries) that you are maintaining your "Bob" behavior when needed (plus other behaviors as well - I am guessing) and MW is responding slowly better? I hope that's a bit of what I am hearing! Also, I hope your D had a wonderful birthday party!

I'll be back,

Laurie,
Divorce Busting Coach
Contact The Divorce Busting Center at 303-444-7004 or 800-664-2435 if you would like to schedule a telephone consultation with a DB Coach - or email virginia@divorcebusting.com for info.
M
M
Betsy-

How does a Jew pursuing Catholicism approach Lent? Maybe I'll ask the nuns tomorrow.

Merrick

Keep on fighting the good fight.

Merrick
Hi UD,
Yes, this does help! I had a general idea, but I never really thought about Bob never being condescending to people when they mess up. Like, who doesn't know how much mac-n-cheese costs? Nor, have I really evaluated whether or not he is manipulative. v. good!

I am a huge crazymaker, but suddenly, I have a newfound peace. (I think...) Could be fooling myself.

I have dimples too & believe that people that have them should show them off!!!

It's great that you see the correlation b/t your attitude and your fam's.

take care
karen

OP Offline
Merrick,

Quote:

How does a Jew pursuing Catholicism approach Lent? Maybe I'll ask the nuns tomorrow.

Hmmmmm... how about in a straight jacket?

I think I need to label you as an enigma as well! These are a pair of shoes I've owned my whole life--I'm comfortable and find happiness in them. But you're actually purchasing them new! What a concept!"

Seriously, you sound like an awfully special guy. Faith is something that is so deeply personal that I have never found it necessary to question others on their religious and spiritual values.

We all are heading to the same place--if we all travel the same route, it's going to be perpetual rush hour. I have no doubt that I'll be seeing you all on the other side, regardless of our personal methods of transport.

And don't you wonder why--over centuries--we have never learned the virtue of tolerance with our fellow humans?

Back to the drawing board!

Have a good weekend!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
C
C
Quote:

Betsy-

Merrick

Merrick,

I saw this and thought I would reply. I have been a Catholic for 3 years on Easter. How are you approaching this? I went through a formal process through the Catholic Church called RCIA (Rite of Catholic Initation for Adults). If you aren't already in a program like this check with you local Catholic Church and check into it.

The process is great as they work to teach you about the Catholic faith and you make decisions along the way toward becoming a Catholic. You will also have a sponsor through it, and eventually God Parents. Depending on your upbringing it may include formal baptism and communion during the Easter Vigil on Saturday before Easter. It's wonderful and I highly recommend it.

If you want more details please feel free to contact me. As far as your original question I suggest observing the Catholic traditions of Lent since you are working toward that.

Good Luck

God Bless You, Reuben Cautiously hopeful and keeping the Momentum
C
C
Quote:

I've had 2 friends launch an attack on my Catholicism today... from putting me on the spot where I have to interpret the pope and our bishop and explain why we don't have flowers on the altar during Lent. Both parties got angry with me! I told them both that I didn't need to explain myself...

UD,

You are absolutely correct that you don't have to explain your faith to them. I find it amazing that many many people persecute Catholics, and many of them are Christians or of other faiths.

I personally don't know any Catholic's that persecute other faiths. In fact I know several that have converted to Catholicism because they found that unlike their faiths, Catholic priest's don't preach against other faiths.

Might just be me but I always remember that Jesus said we would be persecuted because we follow him. Help ease some of the attack.

Keep the faith, and remember when we meet the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit..He will remind everyone of how he taught us to lives...love and forgive your neighbors and enemies. I would pray for them.

Last edited by cruiserrg; 02/28/04 10:20 PM.

God Bless You, Reuben Cautiously hopeful and keeping the Momentum
OP Offline
Reuben,

I'll pray that you never have to meet them, because they are certainly out there in spades. You will find them in very subtle comments... but maybe you won't ever have to meet those people.

After seeing The Passion of the Christ last night, I'm feeling really motivated to work on my forgiveness issues this season, and am grateful for the path that my own faith and religion offers. It was a tremendously impacting movie, and I didn't sleep well last night as a result.

I liken it to an experience Mr. W. and I had during our honeymoon. It was late 1991, and the Gulf War was just about ready to break out, and we were in Australia and NZ for a month. The following scenario happened repeatedly, but here's a classic example: we would be having dinner at a nice restaurant when another patron would approach us and interrupt our conversation. They asked us what George Sr. was going to do?

We were flabbergasted. Although I grew up in the DC area, George and I were never personal friends... and I'm sure that even if I was, he wouldn't confide in me like my best girlfriend.

The first couple times were shocking, and after that, annoying. Then some folks were outright scary. They seemed very angry with us for our national policy... Mr. W. and I had a tough time navigating through things (hey, we were in our 20s and not very good at this sort of stuff).

However, we finally decided on a patent answer to strangers: "We are not good friends with the President, and we are just as anxious about the pending war as you are. We pray for peace and hope you will too." That pretty much set them at ease.

And then there are people, who by their accusations, are just wanting to learn more about you.

Reuben, we're all here to learn how to get along. I think that this is definitely the basis of most faiths, but some of us let our egos get the best of us...

Peace to all!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
OP Offline
Ocean journaling:

I have a family room of 10 year old girls, who are all singing the Cheetah Girls loudly. D6 has been invited to watch the talent show, so I have a few minutes before I collect her and hit the hay.

Tonight was VERY interesting.

I'll backtrack and share with you all that my first date with Mr. Wonderful started out in a bowling alley. He came to watch me bowl, as I was in a league. Well, the birthday party took place at the bowling alley...

He stood close to me through the night, cheered me on, bought me a beer and made a bet that D10 would whoop my butt in the 2nd game (she came awfully close). What stunk is that they turned off the lights!

I have horrid night vision, so launching my ball down a dark lane is not my forte. I was not at the top of my game.

I caught him staring at me more than a few times. Well, I had 3 people at church tell me beforehand that I looked marvelous...

So here's my MLC/middle school acting H sitting on a chair leering at me... I had to walk past by him when it was my turn and I muttered loud enough for him to hear, "Here goes nothing; I suck."

I had already passed him when I heard him say, "Bets."

I turned around and he was grabbing his crotch... and waving me over to it!

I waved my hands in sort of a quizzical fashion and he sat there laughing.

WTF?

So after the lewd gesture, he gave me high fives and other bowling gestures after one bowls...

We got back to the house, dished out the ice cream, and he, D6 and I had to head to the family room due to space constraints. It was nearing 10:00 pm and he leaned over (I swear to God I thought he was going to kiss me), but instead he patted my thigh and said, "I know you're going to have fun staying up all night with these loud girls."

He said he was just going to sneak out the garage door?

I asked why?

He shrugged. I said, "K, really? I think D10 would like to give you a kiss goodbye."

He said, "Really? She looks awfully busy."

He must have seen the concern on my face, so he smiled a little and walked up to give her a kiss.

He waved at me and left quietly, without saying goodbye to D6.

Color me puzzled. He's leaving for CA on Monday, so it will be Wednesday before I have to interpret any more lewd gestures or watch him retreat in guilt or whatever else he feels after he takes control of the alien....

That's it for now! Have to turn the volume of the CD player down....

Bets

Albert Einstein
Zoo Offline
Quote:

I muttered loud enough for him to hear, "Here goes nothing; I suck."

I had already passed him when I heard him say, "Bets."

I turned around and he was grabbing his crotch... and waving me over to it!

I waved my hands in sort of a quizzical fashion and he sat there laughing.

WTF?

ROFL Bets,

See the words in RED???? THat is your answer

It sounds like you had a good night with Mr W Bets Methinks he LIKES the sexy Bets with the Bob Barker smile

Hope those girls haven't put you in the loony bin...10 at once, ugh! It use to stress ME out when I had that many over for a slumber party when I was a kid lol. I can only imagine what it did to my parents

Hugz,
Zoo

"If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm." - Mahatma Gandhi
ROFLMAO!
Yep. The red is the answer!

I must agree that the alien in my H always confuses me. We go from one side to the other. I went through the sexual remarks too. Even gave a few back; which H enjoyed. but I didn't know how far I could go with it as I didn't want to seem pursueing!

I know my H is not aggressive, so sometimes it's hard to decide what to do, pursue and do a 180, the old me. Or to not do nothing, more of the same old behavior when my H drifted away from me. Oh, light bulb moment! I think I may have found the answer!

Hope you didn't go too insane! Today is a day of rest.

Take Care
Deb

bom:01/2003
D: 03/14/2006
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard