Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
#221836 04/06/04 07:22 PM
OP Offline
I'll bring the lemon and kosher salt Rott....get the cheese and cracker tray ready.
T2

#221837 04/06/04 07:47 PM
R
R
Regular or lite cheese? Spicy?

Got it. I'm making nachos for those of us who want to be more authentic. (In the immortal words of Homer Simpson - Ummm, Mexican...)

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...445#Post1956445
#221838 04/06/04 08:18 PM
Hey T2

Just spent some time catching up on your thread - can't wait until I get cable internet next week - this dial-up has to go away...no wonder I can't keep up with you folks!

I'll take a strawberry margarita - I'll bring the strawberries. They were 2 for 1 at the store last week!

And BTW, I volunteered to keep you from getting jailed on an assault charge when we virtually attend Deb's court date tomorrow! You can bop her atty a couple of times - but any more than that and I'll stop you!

If I succeed in stopping you then do I get a cut of the action when you and KK square off? LOL!

So when you feel a firm grip on you tomorrow - that's just me!

totite "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative..."
#221839 04/07/04 06:16 PM
T2 have you choked that attorney yet?????

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
#221840 04/08/04 04:09 AM
T
T
Have you tried RASBERRY margaritas? Now those are amazing!

Totally

#221841 04/08/04 12:36 PM
N
N
I am glad to see you doing so well! Stop by and see me somtime.

#221842 04/09/04 11:58 PM
M
M
I'm not much of a drinker but these days I'm willing to learn. A Black Russian with Absolut sounds mighty good right about now! LOL Maybe an MGD to enhance my LRT?

MakDaddy's (Charles Bronson) New Thread - Still Focusing on positives
#221843 04/10/04 01:00 AM
N
N
Have a good weekend everybody!

#221844 04/10/04 04:58 PM
A
A
Happy Easter! Thanks for all your encouragement! How's it going in your sitch?

Hugs, and prayers, Akgal

I am responsible for my own happiness.
#221845 04/11/04 12:30 PM
OP Offline
Okay folks...it's OPEN HONESTY here:

Last night my H and I went to a wedding reception for a man that use to work with me. 90% of the attendees were past or present co-workers.

The 'groom' is a 50 yr old man and his new wife (with whom he's lived for 10 years) is 35 years old.

My H had never met her and had only met the groom once before.

ANYWAY....

H says to me, "Geez she's quite a bit younger than him isn't she?" (said in a tone to indicate 'judgement')...
I just looked at him like..."WHAT? Weren't your two OWs 15 yrs younger than you? What the hell are you talking about?"
But I didn't even bother to answer him. My H is 50 also and his OWs were 35 & 38, so I'm thinking the pot's calling the kettle black here. but I say nothing and just ignore the remark.

We got to this reception at 7pm, people are enjoying their wine and drinks and laughing, having a good time. My H (who as you know is a recovered alcoholic) stands there with his hand in his pocket looking as bored as he can muster up.

Two hours into the reception, he leans down and says to me, "Are you about ready?"....which is 'code talk' for, "I want to get the hell out of here." I of course, was enjoying myself and happy to be amongst freinds laughing and enjoying one another's company but I said, "Sure, if you're ready."

So we say our goodbyes, hug the new bride and groom and out the door we go.

I was seething with frustration and anger...THIS is old behavior from my H...this is what he'd always done when we were with people I know. It was his way of making sure that my 'outside' relationships were kept to a minimum while he
fostered tons of freindships and affairs with his AA cronies. I of course was never welcome in that part of his life so over the years while he developed this vast array of relationships with AA people, I became more and more isolated from other people.

My head's been spinning since last night...this was the past rearing it's ugly head...and I can NOT go back there.

I found myself mulling over the comment he made about the age difference between the bride and groom and couldn't help but wonder if he's thinking, "Look at that, I can certainly have someone much younger than I am, I've already proven that to myself, so why am I settling for what I have now when I could have a young honey myself and start a whole new life with her."

On the drive home my H asked if I felt that he'd run me out of the party to which I answered honestly, "Yes you did, but you've always done that when we've gone anywhere that MY friends were." He apologized trying to sound surprised and said, "Oh you should have said so, I would've stayed then." And I said, "For what? So you could stand there acting bored or annoyed to be there? No thanks." So then, I couldn't help myself, I turned to him and said, "Are YOU really sure you want to be back here in our life?" And with a somewhat annoyed voice he says, "Why do you even ask that? If I didn't want to be here I wouldn't be."

I let the convo go...but sat there thinking, that's no guarentee...you lived under my roof for the six months your first affair went on...so the fact that your HERE really doesn't mean jack sh$t. At least not to me.

I don't know guys...I really have to wonder IF THIS is what I WANT for my life....I don't think so.

I think I have some serious soul searching to do here for myself cause I damn sure don't want to 'settle' either.
T2

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard