Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
DB Coach
DB Coach
This is a great thread, so I hope all of you keep it going! I am using it to refer callers too - so again, many thanks!

If you're disappointed because you are not seeing results, please - please - please read "Why Nothing Changes" (p. 146) from DR!!! Reading that will greatly assist you with your changes!!

Laurie,
Divorce Busting Coach
Contact The Divorce Busting Center at 303-444-7004 or 800-664-2435 if you would like to schedule a telephone consultation with a DB Coach - or email virginia@divorcebusting.com for info.
Aw man, W threw out my copy of DR months ago, now I gotta go buy it again!

Great Thread - Glad I found it - lots of good ideas.

ODGA
Finally got my copy of DR back from a friend and looked at the section on Why Nothing Changes - I believe in my sitch there are two reasions I feel that nothing is changing -
1. You haven't given a method sufficient time to work before trying something else - This is where I need to really be patient and

2. You're overlooking the small signs of change This is where I need to review my journal and take note of the small changes (and there are some) after all - in the Shawshank Redemption it took years to get through that wall with his small hammer.

Thanks Laurie for pointing me in this direction.

Last edited by odga30120; 01/09/04 11:28 AM.

ODGA
This is a great thread.....

Just like to mension my affects, I am not sure if this was a good sign or not. hope you all can share some light....

I went out about three time for the past couple of months.
First time I just wanted to get out b/c I am always home and never went out. So i just told w that I was going out for a few hours she jumped up and wanted to know where I was going, I just replied going to the mall and get some air. she was still demanding and when I still repeated the same answer she just got upset and said " I dont care who you are going with!!!" and slam the door.

second time I went out longer and drove aroung and went to a coffee shop and stayed their for a while just watching how the younger generation was doing and how it brought back memories. When I got home she was all over me and said I always tell you where I am going (yeah right, if she really goes their), she just got out bed and sleep on the coach. The next day she did not say a word about it....

Third time I went out again and went to a sports bar by myself and when I got home she blasted me and wanted to know where I was.... She was so upset she accused me that I was wil OW (WHAT!!) I did not argue that fact, I only said I was at a sports bar and she did not belive me. She got really mad and said she want out and a divorce in 6months...
The next day she did not say anything about that night or about get a divorce???? She just said lets go and get some thing she wanted to organize the house... I hope someone can share some light on that.....

I dont know if these are good sign but I hope some one can give their opinion, I feel that was a being mysterious.
Flyer

T
T
It's sounding pretty good. Sounds like she still wants you very much. I would be cautious on going out yourself too much. Just because something works, doesn't necessarily mean to increase the behavior. But I would keep it up here and there. Hopefully it will lead to her initiating a R talk.

Trying to do my best, But is it good enough?
i felt that too but if she still wants me why would she still tell the OM how much she loves him....
This is very confusing to me.
Flyer

DB Coach
DB Coach
Tom...Good news...DR is in paperback! (By the way, so is 'Sex-Starved Marriage)

Laurie,
Divorce Busting Coach
Contact The Divorce Busting Center at 303-444-7004 or 800-664-2435 if you would like to schedule a telephone consultation with a DB Coach - or email virginia@divorcebusting.com for info.
Laurie - thanks for the news about DR and Sex Starved in paperback - I have a friend that needs a copy (since I got mine back from him)

Also folks - lets come up with some ideas on mystery - I started going to the gym 3 to 4 days a week - altho my ex knows that I go, she also knows that a lot of single women also go to the gym only to meet eligable mates. Even though she knows that I am only going to work out and work on me and I am not going to meet other women, the possibility that someone might hit on me can create some mystery.

I also started flying lessons again - not much chance of meeting lots of women there but my instructor is female. Regular meetings with another female (even for a legitimate reason) does kinda ring the jeolousy bell a little.

Was thinking of other activities to do by myself that are innocent but that do have a chance of meeting someone, (like maybe going back to church by myself on a regular basis, starting some class activity of some kind, etc.)

Any Ideas - we don't want to actually go to singles bars and all but .... Let's put our collective minds together and come up with some good ideas on "WORKING ON ME" activites.

ODGA
Great thread! Needin' a bump!!!

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard