Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2833701 01/21/19 04:42 PM
M
mirage Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi all,

I'm an old timer. Previous threads under Spirit/Mirage. I occasionally check in to see how the newbies are doing, but today is an update from an approx Bomb drop 10 yrs ago I think. Time is not relevant for me. I will not or do not read my previous stuff. That seems a lifetime ago.

Quick background. I go through an MLC at about 40. No affair, no leaving, but an internal MLC that lasts 2 1/2 years. I come out of it a whole, healthy human being. My EXW was supportive throughout. Jump ahead 1 1/2 yrs, she hits MLC land. Has affair, lies, cheats, steals, and basically leaves me and our 3 children at the time. She was one of those mean MLC'ers. She disappeared for about 2 years then came back into kids lives. She would talk bad about me most of the time to whoever would listen. I rarely saw or heard from here unless it was something she felt she needed to complain about.

Before I get back to the reason for posting I will say this to the newbies. I have a great life. I had to reinvent myself and my relationship with the kids into our new story. It has been a great adventure and is still ongoing. That is the blessing we receive here. Save yourself so you can save others because your not the only one hurting from this. Also I considered myself lucky to have a good marriage until the MLC hit. I will stand by that forever, but we cannot choose anothers path. For reference it took me about 2 1/2 years to get over the bomb drop to get to the point of healthiness.

So I have to actually meet her the other day. There is virtually no contact at all except for some minor reasons. Our last child(college) needed something from her, so I told my daughter I would pick it up and then deliver it to her in the city she goes to college since I would be there on business.

So I go to there house. Apparently she has a new guy(not affair guy) and he has 3 or 4 kids. So I get the item and talk to her a little. She lied so many years that I have no feelings just a nuetral feeling. The anger seemed to be gone. I sensed a sadness as well. Now obviously I can be wrong but maybe the 10 years has burned the anger out. What also was ironic was the similarity to how we functioned as a family back in the day. I swear it looks like a re-creation.

I find human psychology and interactions very interesting and am much more aware of what people are going through today then I ever would have been otherwise.

I want to send good wishes to all. The standers, the LBS's, even the MLC'ers. It's not what is thrown at you in life, it''s what you do when it does. Not one of us is going to get through this life unscathed. Remember, save yourself first so you can help the next one in line.

Also, Hi Irish. Good to see your actions showing light to others.

Mirage.

mirage #2833702 01/21/19 04:52 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Before I get back to the reason for posting I will say this to the newbies. I have a great life. I had to reinvent myself and my relationship with the kids into our new story. It has been a great adventure and is still ongoing. That is the blessing we receive here. Save yourself so you can save others because your not the only one hurting from this.

Amen to this!!!!

kml #2833737 01/21/19 08:59 PM
job Offline
I totally agree w/kml ….. AMEN!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
mirage #2833747 01/21/19 10:15 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by mirage
I want to send good wishes to all. The standers, the LBS's, even the MLC'ers. It's not what is thrown at you in life, it''s what you do when it does. Not one of us is going to get through this life unscathed. Remember, save yourself first so you can help the next one in line.

This shines for me like a lighthouse on a stormy night.

xoxoxo

Last edited by bttrfly; 01/21/19 10:15 PM.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
mirage #2833755 01/21/19 11:43 PM
G
G
Thank you for your honesty and update

Really inspiring

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
mirage #2833823 01/22/19 03:00 PM
R
R
I remember some of your posts to the newbies. Thanks for guiding them and for sharing your outlook here.

Unfortunately many WAS don't look enough inward (which is also ironic as they are so self focused!!) to see their contribution to the situation. Without that learning, they do what they did before, expecting a better result.

I am glad that you have a full and fulfilling life and that you now have the ability to observe such disfunction and see it. I too see much more than I ever did before when I observe people interacting. Not just couples.

Best wishes

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
mirage #2834551 01/27/19 01:09 PM
J
J
I agree the psychology behind them is interesting... but also frustrating, illogical, and devastating.

How are your children doing 10 years later? A mom disappearing 2 years from her own kids life and then forming a new family with someone elses kids ??

And yeah, this experience has given me the super power of seeing what people are really going through...or actually who they really are. Like when i see a step mom living with someone elses kids..i recognize tjat step mom. When i talk to a sweet old lady that tells me how her ex dil holds grudges against her son all these years...i recognize that son. When a man tells me ,"children cant be happy unless parents are happy" i recognize who he is. These are selfish people at the core.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
mirage #2834574 01/27/19 07:07 PM
M
M
I agree with Juju

I honestly believe we all LBS been with a narcissist
They just held it together for long but again the Mask came
Off.

A therapist once told me a narcissist gets worse in age.
Again I know MLC And Narcisse have alot in common
But heartless is one for sure.

They could see us dying on the side of the road and we
have a better chance of strangers saving us.

At BD
Lesbian marriage
Me39,W36
S9,D9,S8 adopted all three
Together almost 10yrs
Bomb Drop - April 2017
W movedout - May,2017
OW June,2017
Currently 2018
Me40, W38
S10,D10,S9
mirage #2834576 01/27/19 07:27 PM
B
B
I agree with we have a better chance of strangers saving us but not sure i agree with all of them being narcissistic .

bubbs16 #2834579 01/27/19 07:40 PM
job Offline
My opinion is that not all of them are narcissistic. Try to remember that babies and teenagers exhibit selfish and self centered behavior when growing up. A crisis can bring out the various types of behavior, i.e., narcissistic behavior, border line behavior, etc. The question to ask is....were they like this the entire time that they were w/you. If your answer is no, then I would venture to say that it would be very difficult to hide personality disorders for a long time. People w/personality disorders can hide them for only so long before they emerge.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard