Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
H decided that he can't live with our R as it is and has called it quits. I am rather numb right now....I tried to talk him out of it, but it didn't work. He said he still loves me, but that we are both unhappy and he doesn't think it will get any better. We are going to remain friends and develop a friendship so I am not going to give up all hope yet.....thanks guys.....

S
S
I'm not sure a #1 is appropriate here!!

How about a hug and a request for a bit of a summary? I KNOW you've been around awhile, but I can't remember any details right now.

((((((((((((((((((((((holdingon))))))))))))))))))))))

Shiny

Workingonit,
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a tough time of it tonight and I wish there was something great I could share with you to help.

All I can say is that I heard those exact words, " still loves me, but that we are both unhappy and he doesn't think it will get any better. " just four months ago, and I'm here to tell you that THINGS CHANGE.

If you get a chance or would even care to, please read my posts from today that are on the Newcombers board under JPsdevoted Wife's thread, "Help:Still devoted and trying to hold on" (or something like that).

We're still struggling, but we've come thousands of miles from those cold and painful words said to Me just this past April.
Hugs 2U
T2

OP Offline
Thanks to you both...Shiny will do details tomorrow I can't deal with it anymore tonight....

S
S
No problem, I think I'll try and track down your last thread.

Shiny

{{{{{Workingonit}}}}}}

Sounds like the same words my H used when he left. Things do change, he's back and we are "working on it". We are all here for you.

Fran

if we can be sufficient to ourselves, we need fear no entangling webs
Erica Jong
OP Offline
H 34 left me on Jan 28th and got his own place
Me 33 had no clue he was unhappy and devastated when he left. It caused a huge eye opener for me and I started analyzing things and started making changes in myself.
From the day H left we talked about things.....about a month after he left I asked if there was a chance and he said yes that he still loved me and would be willing to work on things.
March 7th or so....I started going out with friends and hanging out at the same club H was visiting...he felt I was checking up on him...things got bad after an argument and he took a girl home. She never left and was here for about 7 weeks. He said they were just friends she just needed a place to stay...was still telling me that he loved me and wanted me...still taking me out to lunch weekly...calling me everyday and infrequent emails. Beginning od May he said he loved me adn wanted to be with me...kicked out OW and we started back up.
Since then he has lied to me about places he was going and people he would be with so that he could avoid fighting. He has worked 80 hours a week and we have had discussions about how we spent no time together and all. He would take his kids with him places when he ahd to work, but not me or my kids...we argued about that. He said he can't stop lying and can't live with the fact that I feel he treats us different.....with me checking up on him so he is quitting.....says he doesn't have the energy anymore.
I was devastated and told him I had changed...was continuing to change and could he please just give it one more chance....he said no. He locks his emotions away and doesn't allow himself to feel them so while I am dying inside he feels nothing. So....we are at a friendship....he agrees with that for now. He does not say that he will never want to be with me again in the future....just that he doesn't know so we will be friends. I told him that maybe we needed to walk....that all we had done in this relationship was run and maybe it was time to walk....build a friendship and see what happens. Please tell me I can do this!!
I am so heartbroken and just want to crawl in a hole and never come out. He means the world to me and I just don't know how I will survive without him....you guys will be seeing alot of me on here....everytime I want to call him I will either call a friend or post so...I am depressed....the other day I wanted to die so I took my sleeping pills and such to a friends house to leave them. I know in my head that I can survive , but my heart isn't listening right now. Is there still hope? What do I do now??

I wrote this over the weekend...

Oh , what can I do?
What can I say?
To keep my Love from slipping away?

My heart is aching and
My knees are weak
As the tears keep rolling down my cheeks.

I thought our troubles were seeing their end
And we could finally start over again.

I had so much hope inside my heart and
Never did I expect it to stop.

My heart feels empty, heavy, and dead.
And I can’t keep thoughts of you from my head.

Your laugh and how it reaches your eyes.
How can I not cry while I wait for you to say good bye?

Your arms holding me close by your side.
How I wish I you would hold me now.

I wish I knew just what to do
To prove the love I feel for you.

I wish I knew just what to say
That would keep you from turning me away.

I wish and wish and wish away
For any thought or action that
Will convince you to stay.

All I do or don’t do will not help to change your mind
As I have already seen the signs.

I Love You so much and wish it could be
If only you could truly Love me.

I will always be asking myself….

What can I do?
What can I say?
To bring my Love back to stay?

Thanks for the replies....

OP Offline
I go from being okay one minute to bawling the next.....it's very nervewracking.....

Oh, Workingonit, I'm so sorry! I'm so glad you are coming here for support instead of pursuing H or doing something to hurt yourself. _Please_ consider getting yourself a therapist and perhaps seeing your doctor about some antidepressants to help you though this crisis. I'm worried about you!

Thanks for your welcome on my thread to Piecing. I know you see little hope for your sitch, but I see it as you two just went too fast the first time. Give him the space he is asking for and focus on yourself and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised what comes of that.

Remember that he is saying he just can't be with you right NOW, but he's not saying he can't EVER be with you. That's very hurtful I know but try to see the positive in that.

Hugs. Hang in there.

Hiya,

I'm sorry that you are hurting so badly. I agree, please go to a doc asap. If you need to get on meds, please do so. They helped me out immensely.

Plus...I see positives..your husband wants to be friends. That's a huge positive...in my opinion, you've already won half the battle.

He said he thinks you've been checking up on him. Well that gives you a clue as to where his head is at. I suggest you go the non-pressure route. Don't call him/contact him in any way. Find your own hangout and friends.

Let him come to you.

Have you read Divorce Remedy? How about Fire Your Shrink?

Let us know how we can help you.

Hugs.

PIB

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard