Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2798845 07/01/18 01:38 AM
M
mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I was here years ago. I'm going to hunt around for some familiar names for a chat for old times sake.

So much water is under the bridge. My children are all grown up now and I have my first grandchild on the way. Apart from dealing with elderly parents everything is good.

I hope you're all coping with the upheaval in your life.

My ex married his affair partner. They are now going through a horrible agressive messy divororce. My ex speaks to my eldest telling her how badly he's being treated but she's seen it all before. It's a familiar story. The only difference is ex doesn't have any children whereas I had three.

I hope all is good with everyone. I would love to hear from any of the oldies but I reckon they've all moved on and are enjoying life xxx

job Offline
OMG! I remember you! I was listed as "Snodderly" way back then.

A few of the old timers do stop in from time to time. I'm glad you returned for a visit.

I can't believe your children are all grown and a grandchild on the way. Where has the time gone? So, how are you doing? What are you doing w/yourself these days?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline
K
Hi girl!
Gotta love karma biting the ex.

M
mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Snodderly how are you?

Yes, this place kept me going for a while. I learned a lot and still quote the things I learnt to people (mainly my children) now.

Since I posted my message my dad has passed away. My siblings are battling each other. It's so sad but true. The life skills that I learned here are just so valuable.

Me? I'm doing well. I don't work much now but I like to do bits. I've bought a car that I'm going to convert into a micro camper van so I intend to travel more.

I still seem to meet more than my fair share of crazy people and so pretty much keep myself to myself.

What's your news Snodderly?

M
mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi kml - I remember you very well.

It's difficult not to enjoy the karma, but obviously this is the father of my children, so I'm not too happy about the pain it causes them. As they get older and make their own way in the world his antics affect them less and less.

I just saw a thread of yours about dating in your 60's. I'm going to take a look. I'm not sure that I want to date to be honest. I haven't dated at all since my divorce, which is a very long time now, and don't think that I want to or can be bothered. I would like more friends though.

I'm guessing if I read your thread I'll find out more about how you are getting along. I do hope that all is good for you.

job Offline
mojo,

I am so sorry to rad about your dad. My condolences go out to you and your family. Death tends to bring out the worse in some families. I am so sorry that this is happening. Take the skills you learned and DB them.

Sounds like you have plan, i.e., converting a car into a micro camper and traveling. I think that is a wonderful idea and one that I know you will accomplish.

After what we have experienced, it is not difficult to pick up on who is acting a bit odd. There are quite a few out there.

Please take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Hello old timers! I was also just dropping in to see how things are around here. I have to say that I am in such a better place now than I was when I first was hit w/ the bomb... When my marriage was falling apart I think I would spend hours *HOURS* here just trying to figure out my life. I am so grateful for the community and comfort I found here

Survival Goddess
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." -Alice Walker

M
mojo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you.

it's taking me longer than I expected to get back on my feet. I went out with a friend, just for the afternoon, last week and I was exhausted. On a positive note, last night I went out until 10.35pm and wasn't asleep.

Yes, I learned a lot about dealing with people from this site. I tend to just sit back and let people rant and then when they've finished just carry on the conversation. It works well.

I've just booked a trip to Vietnam - I'm looking forward to it.

K
kml Offline
K
My es took our youngest to Vietnam when he was a teenager - they had a great time and it was beautiful.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard