Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2751014 07/13/17 09:08 AM
R
RBG80 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2738262&page=11

So here's a question for you all....

I'm now in a new relationship with a wonderful woman who I love and who loves me. Me and the ex-wife have been up and down, she's been twisted and vile, then friendly and kind. I have no idea what her mind is and I understand that it's no longer my business or concern.

I've filed for divorce and am about to move out of the marital home and she'll be taking it over.

What I'm having issues with and would like some advice on is I feel sad with the end of the marriage. I feel sad that we're at this stage and that what I thought was my life is no longer an option.... I always have had an issue where I struggle with letting go of the past (even with the loss of my mother). I have issues being grateful for what I have.

Is this normal? You guys that have moved on, is it normal to be sad (and that's all it is) that a marriage is ending?...

I'm really confused here, I kmow, understand and accept that the marriage is over, but need a steer here ladies and gents.

Thanks

M - 36 / W - 32
S - 3
Together - 18 Yrs / Married - 10 Yrs
Bomb Dropped - 4th Sept 2016
Moved out - 4th Sept 2016
C
C
Originally Posted By: RBG80

So here's a question for you all....

I'm now in a new relationship with a wonderful woman who I love and who loves me. Me and the ex-wife have been up and down, she's been twisted and vile, then friendly and kind. I have no idea what her mind is and I understand that it's no longer my business or concern.

I've filed for divorce and am about to move out of the marital home and she'll be taking it over.

What I'm having issues with and would like some advice on is I feel sad with the end of the marriage. I feel sad that we're at this stage and that what I thought was my life is no longer an option.... I always have had an issue where I struggle with letting go of the past (even with the loss of my mother). I have issues being grateful for what I have.

Is this normal? You guys that have moved on, is it normal to be sad (and that's all it is) that a marriage is ending?...

I'm really confused here, I kmow, understand and accept that the marriage is over, but need a steer here ladies and gents.

Thanks

Hello RBG80,

It is easy to be conflicted when you have so many emotions and thoughts going through your head!

Speaking with one of our DB Coaches will help you clarify your goals and help you develop some strategies for dealing with loss.

Feel free to give me a call at 303-444-7004 to discuss how we can best help you determine what to do next.

Cristy

Resource Coordinator
The Divorce Busting Center
303-444-7004

A Divorce Busting Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Email virginia@divorcebusting.com or 303-444-7004 for more information or to get started right away.
C
C
Originally Posted By: RBG80
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2738262&page=11

Short answer Yes...

Longer answer, yes... I don't like who she's become, I don't see a path that could/would see us back together. I don't think she could ever work on herself enough for us to work or for us to be happy together moving forward. But I'm still sad that my dreams are coming to an end. I want a D, but I don't want to end that which I imagined to be my future. It's not black or white, it's not right or wrong, but I believe it is the only way.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
E
E
My divorce is final a week from today. STBXW has become a person that I'd rather not know-- and doesn't accept her part of why our marriage ended. Like you, I've also met someone else who I love and who loves me.

Also like you, I'm still sad about what's coming. It makes me feel like a failure, I mourn that my daughter will not get to have the family that she deserves, and it hurts that those plans for the future we had will never be realized.

If we didn't feel that way, I don't think we'd be human. Mourn what was, but don't let it kill what is, and what could be. Build the future that's best for you, and don't look back. That's all you can do at this point.

Just keep swimming

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard