Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
G
G
That's a hard one Thornton. Even if you know it's coming the house feels wrong, empty. Stay strong.

Together 7 years
Married 3
Said she was taking long way home late January
Left to get some space 2/19/17
BD 3/1/17 ILYB
ouch cry

(but to be honest, i think it'd have been harder on ALL parties to have to watch...)

And now, the fear & anxiety of her going, can leave. The mourning & learning, set in.

So how are you, so far? Any chance you and your D can do dinner or a movie? I know shes a teenager, but still...your D probably misses her little step sister and there are always movies to see in the day on weekends. Get some time with her.

Get your mind off things. Your gf is driving with her mother so you know you're NOT missing a great time. Let her wonder what YOU are doing...out of the house!

anyway, keep us posted

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
S
S
Sorry Thornton ((( hugs))))

So she left without saying goodbye?

I agree - let yourself grieve. And then start planning your life going forward. Stick with us, dig deep and work through your fears and it will be a good life I promise.

Leave her be and start to think about GAL. In June, can you try one new activity that involves others and may become a regular thing?

😊

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
E
E
I know how much that had to hurt. I'm sorry, man.

Quote:
Leave her be and start to think about GAL. In June, can you try one new activity that involves others and may become a regular thing?

T needs to try hanging with the (non-furry) geeks for a bit. We know how to roll. smile

Just keep swimming
T
T
Originally Posted By: Thornton
Came home from work today and all of W's stuff is gone from the house.

Ouch

Actually I am 100% sure that you'll end up seeing this event as the moment your life started getting better. You'll see.

The future is as bright as you demand it be.
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks everyone. I dont think she has left yet. She is staying at her sisters house with her mom while they finish packing.

It was just a shock to see how different the house looked with all of her stuff gone.

I'm sure I will see her and D before they leave.

B
B
Sorry Thornton,

That is a tough pill to swallow. However, I think 25 hit it on the head by saying that it is probably easier then having to watch or even help her move the stuff out.

I read about a sitch where the W actually helped her WAS move his stuff out. She said the whole time she stayed strong and wouldn't let him see how bad it hurt. She said when it was all over she went inside and broke down.

You kinda knew this was coming so maybe it was better to get it over quickly. Kinda like ripping a band aid off. Now you can keep the focus where it is needed.

Quote:
I'm sure I will see her and D before they leave.

Hopefully you will get some time this weekend with D before they do leave. Maybe ask W if you can take her to get some ice cream or something. Anything to spend a little quality time before they leave. Either way, hang in there man and try to enjoy the weekend!

M: 37 W: 36
T: 16 M: 11
D2: 8,3
PA: 2015
WAW: 2016
W Filed: 2017
2/07/2017 W officially dating OM2
Thornton,
So sorry to hear about the move out. My W left while I was at work unexpectedly. Honestly, for me it would have been brutal to watch her move out and leave. I'm glad I didn't learn of her plans and have to suffer through the process of her leaving. The pain does hurt though. Yes the house looks different and I see a lot of memories in my home of us. But I can tell you that it will get better. I rearranged things and as I was able to adapt to new routines and the house doesn't seem as empty.

The initial shock does sting and I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I feel horrible for all of us on the forum dealing with the choices of another person. I don't think I have the words to help as I struggle to even find the correct words for myself.

I can say this.... Things do get easier and they do get better.... and then you might cycle back as you grieve the loss. I've had a lot of good days recently and then a few bad ones but I know I'm making progress.

I can see the progress you have made through your posts. You can do this and you are strong enough to endure.
e

Me 38, Her 40
T-14, M-13, No kids
BD-1 4/14- EA/PA
BD-2 10/14- EA
BD-3 2/17- EA/PA
W Moves out 2.10.17 in with AP
W Served D papers 3.6.17
Divorce Final- 5.23.17
T
T
Thornton,

Sorry to hear that. Even though you know it's coming, it's different when it actually happens. I wish you well and I wish you peace.

All the best.

Me 42, Wife 39; Married 16; Together 17; Kids: D13, S10
Wife asks for Divorce: 03/19/13
Reconcile: 07/07/13
Round 2 Starts: 02/19/17
Apartment Life: 04/21/17
PA Confirmed: 05/23/17
N
N
Thorn, I'm thinking about you. I have not advice for you. Do what feels best and do know that it will definitely without a doubt of course it can be no other way... get better. It will.
XO

11/4/15 W revealed EA/2 months later became PA with co-worker
Reconciling since late April 2016
Don't give up until it's time, then move on
Be patient, strong and kind but never a doormat
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard