Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2703727 09/12/16 06:15 PM
N
NLW Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Just taking notice of Job's reminder to start a new post as I thank those who replied to my recent update.

Bright - It was reassuring to hear you say that I will be fine living on my own with the dogs when my kids move out.

I think I always fear change; but I'm learning that it's not so bad when it arrives. I can adapt and thrive.

Job - just to put you straight about my X- he will not be surprised at all when he repo man arrives.

The repo man has been on his tail for the last 6 months or so - to no avail.

My X sees it as normal to have creditors chasing him and treats it as a game, i think.

He believes he is above the law, and so far - and it's been a long time now - he is absolutely correct.
No-one seems able to touch him when it comes to getting money owed.

He knows the loopholes back to front and plays people until they tire of the expense of chasing him.

On another front, I finally cleared out X's wardrobe on the weekend.

I think posting my update here and reading the encouraging replies from friends was what motivated me!

After all these years I could finally face the memories that those garments represented.

What did shock me was the sheer scale of what he left behind.

Literally dozens and dozens of shirts, more than I could count T-shirts, jumpers, trousers, belts, ties... all utterly wearable. Even a pair of expensive designer shoes, still in their box and never worn.

Just made me realise, again, how abnormal the mlc-er is in terms of thinking processes when they leave.

He was literally leaving almost every aspect of his old life behind. Couldn't even bear to wear the same clothes as he sprinted off into his new life.

Interesting point is that, from the few times I've seen him, he seems to have bought almost identical clothes to replace the ones he left behind. Go figure!

Anyway, in the next few weeks, we have final concerts and the 'prom' for my son's last year at school.

He will turn 18 in a month, so a big celebration there.

My daughter will be 21 in a couple of months, so trying to work out how / where we might throw her a party.

Lots to keep me busy and happy!

NLW #2705314 09/19/16 03:05 PM
job Offline
Previous Thread:

Over the hump at last

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard