Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
L
RAI- Glad you were finally able to move out on your own. Even tho this is not what you wanted, I hope you are finding some peace and some of the stress is fading.

<3
losty

Me-44 (45)
H- 50 (51)
M-'96

S-18(20)D-15(17)D-12(14)

BD Feb 2014 (he works overseas)
home Oct(sep rooms)
(EAs possible Pa's unconfirmed)
insists wants D through July 2015
no more talk of D since
R
RAI Offline OP
OP Offline
R
PP, Sotto, V, Losty,

It was so nice to get encouragement from you. I still have some ways to go. The house is a bit - nay, a lot - of a mess. But it is light years away from the soul-crushing in-house S that was my reality for 3 years.
I saw my therapist today and it clicked - I am wearing a lot of hats right now:
1) physician with all the patient care responsibilities
2) head of one of the centers in my hospital, trying to keep this program running
3) Father
4) Still working on completing my move, unpacking, and making the home livable
5) Homemaker and all the chores it entails
6) Still dealing with all the legal wranglings
7) started acquainting myself with some women on-line

All of the above are eating up my energy. I am not sure how I am going to do it, and I live under threat of dropping some of these by accident. I have no one with whom to share the burden. Self-care, GAL has been pretty scarce, but I have acceptance many dinner invitations, so I suppose that counts.

Kids are doing OK, considering. Some annoyances about clothing being left in one house vs the other. My therapist told me that kids are very resilient. I hope he is right.

the on-line dating is time consuming, but invigorating. I am going *very* slowly. Just meeting women and testing the waters for compatibility. Kind of like an on-line mixer. I have been celibate and without intimacy for so long, that I cannot fathom rushing into anything. It is just fun to be talking to women again.

All things considered, I AM SO THANKFUL TO BE OUT OF THE HOUSE. The house I am now renting fell into my possession by divine providence, I am sure. A real gift from above. Let the healing begin.

PP, have you made any progress or are you still air BNBing it and living in the truck. I hope your sitch ameliorates soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

DBers, far and wide, I miss you all and wish you all well. I will be back for more support for sure, but I will never forget your kindness and will be back to try and pay it forward as others have done for me.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
R
RAI Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi All,

STBXW is leasing a new van, just came back from a beach vacation with OM, lied about who she was with all over facebook - MIL provided alibi, just bought a new dog, all the while trying to extort more money from me through her expensive and costly L. All of this would have felt 10x worse if I was under the same roof. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

However, we are also planning S12s Bar-Mitzvah. Despite all her reckless spending elsewhere in her life, she wants to skimp on his Bar-Mitzvah. I don't want something big and ostentatious, but he has put a lot of preparation into it. I am sad that STBXW does not care about it. I can't believe her.

This Bar-Mitzvah is the next challenge. It seems like just yesterday, I was agonizing about my eldest's. This too shall pass, I suppose.

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
V
V
Lovely to hear from you RAI.

Glad you are out of it and no longer responsible for the ex and her debts.

You may wish to join us in surviving.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

R
RAI Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all,

I have taken the lovely V's advice. Please find me at my new address at "surviving the big D".

Best to all!

RAI

Me 48 XW 45
lots o' kids
D April 2017
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard