Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2682603 06/02/16 09:05 AM
H
OP Offline
H
I have not posted in a long time, but a friend's recent marriage issue and my advice for him made me think to check in on the site!

It has been three and a half years since I recovered my marriage. I have read a few recent threads, and I see some people in real despair and suffering a lack of hope. It's far to easy to read all of these posts and feel that there are no success stories- there are. Some of those people do still post here to help others, but I think that many people, like me, move on after reconciliation and disappear (probably to avoid reminding themselves). For two and a half years my wife had an affair and was ready to leave me. Today? Our marriage has, quite literally, never been better. DON'T GIVE UP! I truly believe that there is a way to fix any situation- but there is a different path for each of you to follow, and it means making the right moves at the right time. Learn from your mistakes, grow as a person, and don't be an enabler.

I'm sending out a collective hug to all of you. I know how hard it is. I know how long it takes. I know how it drains you.

I also know what your new marriage could be. I wish that I could put that vision in your mind and the mind of your spouse. Remember- it ain't over till it's over- and divorce doesn't mean it's over....

For those people of faith: remember that God helps those that help themselves. He can only show you the road signs, you must find the path through your actions. Do not expect Him to solve this for you- it is His wish that YOU do the hard work and grow from this.

Stay strong! Live right! Stay hopeful!

HS

C
C
HopefulStill, so nice to hear that things worked out so well for you. I understand stepping away from the site so as not to be tempted to dwell on the past, but it is nice to every now be reminded that things can work out well in the long run.

Thank you for sharing!!!

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard