Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
fade #2671008 04/22/16 06:06 PM
C
cubebot Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: fade

Unless your WW has a bigger, faster turnaround than I have EVER seen, then you know where this is going. And I can pretty much promise you one thing - starting in a year or two until your kids are grown and married, you will want nothing more than your ex to butt-out of your life. You are basically in a position now to make that happen.

Hi Fade,

I have pretty much gone as dark as possible, she continues to go her own way. I know this is not on my schedule, it's on hers. Every day that goes buy I realize how strong I am. I still miss her, but sometimes i wonder if it is just my pride. My not wanting my W to be with another. She doesn't want me or this family and that hurts. I calculated it today and she might spend maybe 6-8 hrs (awake time a week) with the kids. I think she is so lost and confused right now I hurt for her, but i want to be a part of her train wreck less everyday.

Originally Posted By: fade

I know this situation is terrible for you and your kids right now, but in the long run, for you, this is a gift. So when things seem bad, remember to think and be thankful you arent dealing with one of the crazy manic cheaters I have dealt with in other cases. You are not fighting to stay out of jail or debt, you arent fighting for unsupervised visitation, you arent having to drop off your kids every Wed night to the OM in your home, and you more than likely arent facing a future where you are the legally defined secondary parent to a crazy person. You are having awesome time with your kids, right? Sounds pretty awesome to me wink

This is such a great reminder. Detaching is easier when they just disappear I guess. it could be so much worse, so much more emotionally painful. Thank you for this perspective, It was truly appreciated. I WILL remember this.

Rose888 #2671009 04/22/16 06:08 PM
C
cubebot Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Rose888
Your kids are lucky to have you. It sounds to me like you are walking the line just fine.

Thanks Rose. I am going to swing back by your thread and see how things are going for you. I appreciate your kind words.

cubebot #2671049 04/23/16 01:04 AM
C
C
Start a new thread

Me-70, D37,S36
Cadet #2671737 04/25/16 06:11 PM
C
cubebot Offline OP
OP Offline
C

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis