Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
-
- MB - Offline OP
OP Offline
-
I had hoped that today would be better, but that doesn't seem to be the case. This seems to be a year from hell for me and I see no end in sight. It looks like things are over for me. For my hope. For my marriage. The last time my husband saw me he knew, but chose not to say anything to me. He talked to me, hugged me goodbye and seemed more calm. I had hoped it was because he was softening. Instead it is because he is completely done. I was just served with divorce papers. He didn't even warn me. Just let the shock of it slap me in the face when the sherif pounded on my door.

M:45 H:48
M:11
No kids
BD:Sept'15
EA:Confirmed 1wk later
PA: Oct'15
12 '15 2 wk R
Just kidding, H wants NC
12 '15 H back w/OW
4 '15 R &still working on it
T
T
MB. I am very sorry to hear that. I know you didn't need another stress piled on. We are here for you as much as we can be. It always hurts to see good people getting the pointed end of the stick. Things will turn around MB. I can't say when or how, they can't all be bad days tho.

The person that you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so make yourself as interesting as possible.
T
T
I'm so sorry.

T
T
Im so sorry, MB.

But remember, there are countless stories of people who were in the process of D that reconciled. Many of them even divorced and remarried each other.

I know seeing those papers in black and white are a shock to your system and it stings. It's ok to feel sad, this whole situation is sad.

Honestly, from an outsiders perspective looking in, your H seems very cruel. He was cruel when you were together and he was cruel when your S had an accident.

If things don't work out with your H, I want you to know there are men out there that would LOVE to be with a woman like you. Men that will honor and respect you. Men that will trust you. And men that will walk through fire for a woman like you.

Allow yourself to feel your feelings, MB. The fastest way through them, is through them.

Hang in there, we're all rooting you on.

N
N
Thinking of you, MB.

11/4/15 W revealed EA/2 months later became PA with co-worker
Reconciling since late April 2016
Don't give up until it's time, then move on
Be patient, strong and kind but never a doormat
N
N
M, Thornton just posted this and I'm going to copy it here for you to read.

THORNTON:
Thanks everyone for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

I was just visiting the forum titled "Advice from Wise DBers". And there's this one post that I always seem to go back to draw strength from.

I hope it helps you as much as it helps me....

"Gday Steve

I have followed your post some but wanted to jump on to give you some thoughts. From my side I went through this seperation hell for over a year, I did not see my wife for fourteen months, was involved in three court cases (I was absent from them) and I would have talked to her four times in the four months leading up to these cases - I was living 15000kms away from her away.

Through the time of our seperation I was on the recieving end of some great verbal 'abuse' by my wife. She said she hated me, I was going to hell, I was untrustworthy, a liar, a minupulator, etc etc. Through the time she accused me of two affairs of which she said she had proof and a whole range of other things as well (none of which was true).

Mate my greatest shock in all this was a week before the final court case (which was going to last a minimum of three days in the court) my wife contacted me out completely unexpectantly and wanted to get back together. The end result is we are back together and moving along well.

Through this time I made every DB mistake that is possible to make. In the end the one thing I did well was detach from her and make her see what life by herself was going to be. What I am saying in the following is a combination of (1) myself being able to detach from the hell and emotional turmoil of seperation that you are going through and (2) from a number of conversations that I have with my wife since we have reconcilled. My story is spread across newcomers, seperated and surving but I have no idea how many pages back they now lurk.

Firstly from what you are written you have a very good chance of fixing things up in your sitch BUT you have to start detaching from this. There are some things that you have to learn that you cant control and stop fighting them. As hard as it is questions about OM, cell phone bills, etc are just going to alienate your wife and push her further away from you. One of the hardest things your going to have to do is suck these questions into you and not say anything to your wife. When things are getting too you - go to the gym, go for a walk or run or just vent here. Do NOT bring up your suspicions to your wife it is just going to highlight the reasons to herself why she 'left' you, and believe me at this stage she is looking for things to justify her actions to herself.

So a couple of things that I have found out from my wife that I am almost certain pertain to you sitch as well.

Your wife loves you and thinks about you continuously. They do not turn this off overnight, she is just very confused at the moment about her feelings.

Your wife misses you and the closeness that you had. She is trying to replace it at the moment with nights out with friends, etc. But watch mate, these friends will come and go and she will look at you as the constant in her life.

Your wife is angry at the moment and she will direct that anger to you. As the seperation progresses she will start to loose this anger and will likely push your buttons to get you into a fight so that she can then validate her feelings of anger towards you to herself. Remember it is always easy to put the blame on someone else other then the scarey step of accepting that some fault does lie with themselves.

Your wife does NOT hate you. She is confused about the feelings and the turmoil that she is experiancing at the moment. That confusion will come out in some truely aweful things that will be said but while she may 'think' she feels this, she doesnt. Accept the confusuion, dont fight it as you will only push her away and validate her feelings to herself.

Your wife remembers just about everything you say in this time. You dont have to keep reinforcong it in the hope that she 'hears it'. I am continually amazed at the things my wife is able to recollcet that were said in comments a year ago in the mdist of our darkest period. They do hear however at the moment they just are not ready to validate or accept what your saying.

Mate these are just a few of the points that I have picked up from my conversations with my wife (there are many more). In the end I did nothing spectactular, there are many far better 'dbers' on this board then I ever was or ever will be. The one thing I did was detach - in my mind my marriage was over and I got on with life. She then had to relaise what 'independance' truely was and to her credit and my good fortune she took the step of holding out the branch of reconcilliation and it was probably one of the bravest things she has done in her life.

You have many things going for you in your current sitch but you have to be patient and detach as best as you can. Now this does not mean turn away from your wife, ignore her, be mean, etc. It means look after you, look after your children and make sure you are happy and as much as you can project that happiness (my wife said that it was when she saw I had got my confidence back in myself and I stopped the begging, whining, 'acting' stuff that she got her attraction back to me). This will show more to her then any statements of 'look how much I have changed'.

In yourself you have to see that this whole db stuff is more then another 'tactic' on how to get your wife back. I think in honesty many on the board would say that this is how they are using it and get frustrated when they dont see immediate results. I know it took me quite a few months until I stopped using it as this 'tactic' and say it as a means of working on me and making me happy. In the end I would have been happy with me even if I had not reconciled.

This aint easy, in fact if your like me it is the hardest thing you will have to do in you life - it is something that I never want to go through again. You will make mistakes just remember it is not the end of the world when you do,

I wish you all the best and I hope for your success.

Andrew"

11/4/15 W revealed EA/2 months later became PA with co-worker
Reconciling since late April 2016
Don't give up until it's time, then move on
Be patient, strong and kind but never a doormat
R
R
I'm so sorry MB, wish I could give you a big hug. I can only imagine how hard it can be. I'm trying to put things into perspective but would you want someone in your life when your H didn't even reach to you when your son was ill?

Thinking of you xxxx

J
J
MB, I have been here for a while, but have only today read your posts. Your posts title caught my eye because I too am trying to detach and then I read about your son and I am so sorry. I am really happy he is back at home and recovering as well.

It's so hard to come to terms with the person that your spouse is or has become. His failure to show concern regarding son is horrific, but as you know, we cannot make them do what is right. They have freedom of will and they have to love with their choices. The more you discuss with or try to reason the more they resist. You too, have many choices right now (even though it doesn't feel like it) You have the choice to disengage completely. We might not be detached but at least we can fake it. We can also choose to be good examples though , by doing the right thing in the face of turmoil and chaos.

NYGAL, Thank you for posting that advise. So helpful. It brought me hope. I also like to understand more about what it is the walk aways are thinking. I truly hope this is difficult for them. It would have to be, right?

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
B
B
MB - I am so sorry. I know how devastating it was for me to get the divorce papers and I knew they were coming. I can't imagine how painful it was to not even have the courtesy of a heads up when they arrived. Know that we are all thinking of you. ((Hugs))

M 44 H 46
M 20yrs T 25 yrs
S15 S12

ILYBINILWY 7/18/15
Move to MBR 9/8/15
Physical Separation 10/10/15
Suspect A 8/2015
Confirm A 12/27/15
D filed by H 2/2/16
N
N
MB, how are you doing today?