Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#2575441 06/05/15 12:28 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Old thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2575203&page=1

Last night was interesting... the STBXW took S7 to see his therapist at her request (worried that the therapist is to prove she's been a bad mother vs. the therapist just being there to help S7 in the transition). We had a discussion about who's going to pay and that was pushed onto me. She claims to have no funds and I think it's important for S7 to see the therapist... so it is what it is at the moment. Post BD, this will change a bit.

Anyway, it's her evening to be with S7. She called 6:22 p.m. to say that she's bring him back to my place. The therapist appointment was from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. She stated that he only wanted to come home to my place. Even turned down McDonalds (extremely surprising for a 7 Year old... or he's just over McDonalds for a while). So in a nutshell, she cut her evening with him short by hours.

Maybe the lawyer's prediction is starting to come true. That she'll stop the visits during the week.

This is also supposed to be her weekend. There's a birthday party that S7 wants to go to for a buddy of his. STBXW, claims to not have the money for gas (she moved a 1/2 hour away) to take S7 or a present. I told her I'd come get him and take him to the party, but that I wouldn't be taking him back to her place. She's ok with giving up one of her nights for parenting time. What's even more surprising about this is that this is in essence the 3rd weekend that she hasn't had him. We'd swapped a weekend for Memorial day, then my regular weekend, and now this one that's coming up.

Makes no sense to me... but in my view, she's the one missing out. I'll take all the time I can get with S7. laugh

Me: 45 W43
S7, Foster S9 (Planning to adopt post divorce)
D mentioned Feb 2015, Wife served 3/24/2015. She moved out 4/15/2015.
V
V
Of course you will as it's best for S7.

Let WW slowly disentangle and she will.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

V
V
You ok scherman?

V

V 64, WAW

S
OP Offline
S
Doing ok and there's a lot more than this...

Yesterday was a STBXW tantrum... about money. She was planning on not paying the 1 bill that she's assigned to pay. Threatening again about taking S7 now that its summer... same old song & dance. I have A LOT more texts that have been forwarded to the attorney.

She ended up dropping off S7 at 8:03 p.m. She'd sent a text that she's going to continue to pay on the bill.

Then 35 minutes later, she's posts on Facebook how her and the OM (her best friend ever) are saving for a trip to Australia... that's it's like saving for a wedding only better....

Oh the fun...

Now for the good parts... FS9 is going to come stay with me for a week or possibly longer if the foster license gets through in time. But at the very least it's a week. I haven't told S7 yet. FS9 will just be there at the house when S7 comes home. I have started teasing S7 that I have surprise for him though.

Once my license is in, FS9 will come stay with me. He's been struggling a lot with this and giving his current foster mom a lot of grief. He's articulated that he misses my son, house and his old school a lot. Post BD, I'm planning on adopting FS9. There's a lot of people who don't seem to get it though. Think I'm off as a single dad adopting a kid. To me it makes sense for a lot of reasons. The biggest of which is that I care for the kid. laugh

While I was reacting somewhat to the STBXW BS, I got into a conversation with the attorney's assistant. She clued me into the "best interests of the child" factors that the state of Michigan uses to determine who should have custody. I highly recommend these (or your state's equivalent) as a read for everyone. Very enlighting.

V
V
Scherman.

Sadly these selfish individuals want all the resources for themselves. Every single bit.

Sherman, I am thrilled for you S and FS. I am sure there are going to be bumps in the road, but you are a family.

My strength to you.

V

V 64, WAW

S
OP Offline
S
Life is good. FS9 came today around 1. He and S7 have been paling around the neighborhood. It's like old times. Just no yelling. laugh

Tomorrow the plan is to get hair cuts and hang out at the house. In the evening there is a party for the folks in the property owners association. Dancing, games, etc. Sunday, the 18 yr old neighbor girl that S7 has a crush on is going to help me take them tubing, as the spotter if they fall off. Sunday afternoon, we have my nephew's birthday party.

So it's a good weekend. laugh

F
F
Sounds great Sherman, keep being that awesome dad smile

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be
V
V
Scherman the new thread on abuse, thank you for being so open in your discussions on the personality issues.

New thread abuse

V

V 64, WAW

S
OP Offline
S
Got a call... my license is approved. FS9 will be staying with me.

We'll tell him tomorrow at his therapist and I'll tell S7 when he gets back from the STBXW's place.

I'll have a couple of days of peace before she finds out. At best it will be nothing. At worst, more lawyer fodder for later.

They morning S7 and FS9 were goofing off with fake teeth that look hideous. They're planning on teasing the daycare provider (who can be a little uptight). I'll see how the day went when I pick them up. laugh

R
R
Fantastic news , you have made my day !! !! I would love to hear of the two boys reaction blow by blow. What a magical day tomorrow will be !!!!

You are a very good man with a heart of gold Both boys are blessed to have you in thier lives

All the very best for the future Please give the boys a hug from me Rd

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard