Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Navyguy Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hey everyone...long time no see. So I'm back here and well, it's not for the right reason. As of my last post (sep 2013), things were moving along well. About a year ago, W and I were making preparations to move out here to CA and when going through a box she found a picture of an old friend that I had feelings for (never dated) back in college. I didn't even know the picture was in there...me hanging on to old stuff had come up before and I threw it all away then...except for this one apparently. Apparently it brought back all Ws resentment and negative feelings. Ever since then things have steadily been going downhill and have hit rock bottom this past week when I dared to bring up the fact that we haven't had sex for over a year and explained why the SSM video spoke volumes to me. She watched it but told me that she didn't see how it applies to our situation and I explained why I think it does and asked her what we are doing here if she's not willing to consider my needs and feelings.

Of course there are thousands of details to talk about, but I just don't know if I'm up for another fight to save my M...or if she's even worth fighting for. She refuses to let go of the past....I just don't get it....so maybe it's just not meant to be. I know this is contrary to DB, but I put up a hell of a fight before and I don't think I have another round left in me....and not when even if I do turn things around I know I will be walking on eggshells the rest of my life. Right now W is sleeping in the extra bedroom...my plan for now is to be nice when I have to talk to her but otherwise leave her alone. Not sure how long I'll be ok with that, but for now, I don't want to burn the bridge for the sake of my kids.

Well, sorry to show up back here like this....but just wanted to let everyone know what is going on. I hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves....that stuff definitely works no matter which way your situation works out. Even if we do go to the nuclear option here, I am so much more ready for it than I was 5 (ugh) years ago....it will still suck but I know I will be ok and I will be there 110% for my kids.

Edit - Threads http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&view=started&id=28717

Last edited by Cadet; 05/13/15 10:13 AM. Reason: Links

BITS
M: 35
W: 35
T14, M11
D9, S6
ILYBINILY: June 09
Unofficially Separated (long distance): 1/2/11
W came home: 3/17/11
EE: July 2012
Dropped the rope: Oct 2012
Piecing: April 2013
Not piecing: April 2014
Stuck.
C
C
Welcome back

So what do you want to do?

Me-70, D37,S36
M
M
Sorry to hear that. Did you and your W ever go to C?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
S
S
Sorry to hear this, Navy.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
N
Navyguy Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hey guys!

Cadet...not sure what I want to do at this point. Right now I am taking my time to collect my thoughts. Posting on here has always helped me put my thoughts together.

Bond - nope, never went to C. She never saw the point in it....my personal belief is that she's afraid to go.

Starsky - thanks for the thoughts...hope you are well.

BITS
M: 35
W: 35
T14, M11
D9, S6
ILYBINILY: June 09
Unofficially Separated (long distance): 1/2/11
W came home: 3/17/11
EE: July 2012
Dropped the rope: Oct 2012
Piecing: April 2013
Not piecing: April 2014