Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2528046 01/16/15 10:05 PM
F
Faith20 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
So my last thread was locked and I would really love some input on my latest post. I need all the help I can get.

Here is the link: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2525675#Post2525675

Me 26 ; H 26
S 8
Married less than a year
Bomb 9/15/14
H moves out 9/15/14
H Files 11/21/14
Served D papers 12/31/14
F
Faith20 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
It's been a few days since I've posted.

I'm not sure I have the words to describe my situation right now other than to say that it feels like I am in limbo.

H spent every night that he wasn't working at our house last week. He made dinner for us one night and even offered to walk the dog for me. We continued to be intimate each night but have also added cuddling to the mix. Some nights, we just hold each other and don't ML at all. We haven't done this since BD and while I love it, I also wonder if it's pulling me in too deep and blinding me to the situation.

Last week H and I had a conversation that started about being intimate but turned into R talk. H says he doesn't know what he's doing or what he wants, that he doesn't "know what's in the cards for us", but he likes being at the house with S8 and I. But he also said that he's mainly there for S8 and that he has been lonely. I reassured him that I have no expectations and that I'm not pressuring him for answers or decisions. He said he agreed, and that I haven't asked him for anything in months. He also said that I've changed so much. I took the last two as positives.

After seeing so much of him and the conversation, I was SURE he would disappear again, or at the very least pull away and become cold and distant. So far, it hasn't happened, but I know it's only a matter of time.

He worked all weekend, so we didn't see him. S8 and I went rock climbing Friday night, relaxed a bit on Saturday and then S8 went to Disneyland with my dad so I took the day to myself to go to the movies and church. We had a positive weekend full of PMA and GAL, yeah!

Monday H came over and we all went rock climbing together. He took S8 to the beach after and I wanted to come, but wasn't invited. This bummed me out a bit but I went out and ran errands, and kept PMA. H left that night to go to the movies alone and I didn't think he was coming back. But around 10PM that night he called and asked if he could come sleep on the couch so I said he could. He came over and we had a really good conversation about his life and goals he has. It felt like we were really connecting and enjoying each other. As I was about to go to bed, H asked if I wanted to come cuddle. I hesitated at first but then said yes.

H has slept at the house the last three nights in a row. Sometimes we ML, other times we just hold each other. And the last two mornings before work, he asks me to come over and give him a hug. He holds me for a long time and rubs my back.

I took a chance and bought H the book "Wild At Heart" by John Eldredge and gave it to him. I know Sandi's rules say "no gifts", but he has been going to a Christian Men's group and exploring his faith, and the book came highly recommended. It's about finding your purpose in life and finding your heart. From all of my conversations with H, it sounds like something he would really enjoy. I've been praying that this book helps him answer some questions about his faith, belief in God, and purpose in life. He said he would read it. I pray he does.

H is back at work tomorrow and it's also what would be our 1 year wedding anniversary. I don't expect to see him tonight and am sure he probably doesn't even remember the significance of the day. Either way, I know he will keep his distance because of the timing and also because it's been almost 2 weeks of seeing him every day he's off.

I'm not sure how i'll feel when he starts to pull back again, but I hope it doesn't hurt as much as I fear it will.

I was served D papers on NYE so my 30 days to respond are almost up. I haven taken next Thursday off to go and file my response. H hasn't filed his proof of service yet, not sure why, but it doesn't matter. 30 days is 30 days.

I also signed a lease on a 1 bedroom apartment last week. I haven't told H yet, I am so nervous to tell him. I know this will be the end of limbo and make things real again. I've done a lot of research on retrouvaille as well and am also still sitting on the idea of mentioning this to H. I know my time is running out and my opportunities are short. I have a feeling this will be a tough weekend.

Life is funny, hard, and at times, crazy. 4 months ago I was a wreck, and H was the meanest, coldest, person I had ever met. We barely spoke and every week he was pushing me to move out. Now, he is at the house all the time, we are rock climbing weekly together, ML, cuddling, and HE is the one asking me for hugs before I leave. I don't know what any of this means, and I'm trying not to think too much. It doesn't feel like heaven and it doesn't look like hell, but it's some kind of purgatory, that's for sure.

Me 26 ; H 26
S 8
Married less than a year
Bomb 9/15/14
H moves out 9/15/14
H Files 11/21/14
Served D papers 12/31/14
F
Faith20 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hello? Anyone out there?

Me 26 ; H 26
S 8
Married less than a year
Bomb 9/15/14
H moves out 9/15/14
H Files 11/21/14
Served D papers 12/31/14
P
P
Hi faith. Just keep working on you. Make sure to take care of yourself. Try not to have any expectations of the current situation. I am hoping for the best. It does sound like things are taking a turn for the better. I just think that you should keep any positive changes going so you feel better and have success in the long run

me: 47, W:49
M 16.5 years
T 17 years
Three kids - D17,D14, S13
Heart 2 heart about M 11/8/13
Bomb drop 11/29/13
W moved out 12/5/13
I Retained L 2/20/14
D filed 3/17/14
V
V
Faith

Had to read your thread before I posted.

I am sad for you that you are here. After reading your thread I was sure you had read DB and I suggest you read it again and again. I would like you to print out Sandi guidelines and refer to them as a practical way of applying DB, my recent copy is laminated as the old tear stained version fell to pieces.

Here is the link
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2250607#Post2250607

All of the tremendous DB advice is captured there. Until Faith puts Faith and her precious child first before H then she is stuck in this loop. Truly Faith the basics are there and you are very willing to DB. Put your child and his needs of a home before H need to bum around the world like a hippy. It will not help you to validate such recklessness. H will continue to twist turn and make you jump up and down. Generally Faith says how high and was it high enough.

Faith do not leave your home. Get full on L advice and keep to it.

If this man has an OW then your health might be at risk too. It is your choice of course but the best 180 you can do is to apply Sandi guidelines In full right now and without delay. It is up to Faith to do the very best for herself and her vulnerable child. If you were a guy we would say find a pair and that applies to Faith too metaphorically. Do what needs to be done.

Tell H that you will not lie about your M. You are M and now S, there is a child involved and as the stable parent please put your child first. If you can get help do so. H delicate sensibilities are overridden by that of your child. You both clearly love this little one.

Time to get really practical and back to earth. Look at the no R talk and no gift guideline. Time to DB and concentrate on Faith not WAH.

I have you in my prayers
Vanilla

Last edited by Vanilla; 01/23/15 12:22 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

V
V
I notice you had already signed a lease and I am hoping your L advised this was the best course,.

Apologies for not spotting that before I missed it when reading the first time, and it is important for your Detachment.

It makes a great deal of difference to my advise on your home. That choice may not be lost, you might chose to still remain in your current home, if you have signed a lease then no doubt there is a reason for it. And it encourages you to move on, good for you.

Now Faith is the time to apply Sandi guidelines.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 01/23/15 12:42 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

F
Faith20 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks for the reply Paul! :-)

It is better than it has been, but you are right, and I shouldn't let any of this cause me to have expectations or lose sight of what matters most... taking care of S8 and I.

If there is one thing I've learned it's that there are highs and lows to all of these situations.

Me 26 ; H 26
S 8
Married less than a year
Bomb 9/15/14
H moves out 9/15/14
H Files 11/21/14
Served D papers 12/31/14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard