Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2493461 10/02/14 06:10 PM
R
raliced Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Link to previous thread:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2493039&page=1

I've been here for about two months and it looks like it is time for a new thread. Like many newbies, my first thread title was a cry of pain, so I am adjusting it. I briefly toyed with the idea of naming it "Dude, Where's my H?", but decided that might lack the necessary gravitas for this situation.

Right after the BD, my personal rollercoaster seemed to be the "up" of feeling feisty and the "down" of feeling overwhelmed. Lately I notice a shift in my feelings- I still feel feisty, but at low moments I feel more sadness and even some anger. I think this is because, at first all my anguish was centered around my family breaking up, and now, by inches, I am slowly starting to process my feelings as a betrayed wife. Good Times!

Next week is my anniversary. When I'm feeling disappointed (or even disgusted) by his recent actions, I do look back to that day and remember how fortunate I was to have found such a sweet, loving and decent man. I know that man still exists, although he is very lost right now. Have we crossed the Rubicon? I have no idea, but I'm not giving up and will do everything I can to salvage the situation by improving myself.

And on that note...

Good news to report - I wiggled into a size smaller dress today and I must say I looked good in it (it's one of those scuba type dresses with the flared skirt that really shows off the legs). As of this morning, have finally lost all the baby weight smile. Physically, I'm looking good - I cut my hair and am rocking a pageboy bob that I wore when I first met H, whitened my teeth, am regularly getting manicures again (can't quite budget for the pedicures yet), pierced my ears (my old holes grew shut years ago),and after reading all the exchanges on this board, I decided to finally start wearing perfume (at least when H is around). I'm also physically feeling much better due to improved sleep (thanks fellow posters for all the great suggestions), nutritious diet and consistent exercise.

Here's hoping this thread will have a few positive developments. I think I will leave this on a good note.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
O
O
Good for you raliced.

Make your next thread Dude, where's my H? instead: I love it.

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
M
M
Ditto. We have more than enough gravitas around here. smile

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
E
edz Offline
E
Hey Raliced

Thanks for dropping by my thread earlier, appreciate it. I'm still catching up with your sitch but keep going sounds like you're looking dynamite, I've managed to lose about a third of the weight I want to with half the width I want to lose around the waist and I know Im feeling better and more confident for it, in my case still have a way to go though!

Have a great day.

Ed

Last edited by edz; 10/02/14 06:32 PM.

M:44, W:46, S:10
M 13 years, T 15
BD:23/7/2014
W/S Moved to MIL: 23/7/2014
My new place: 21/11/2014
W/S back to flat 22/11/2014
W coming closer, talking 4/2015
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
S
S
raliced...how do you pronounce that?

Sorry I haven't posted on your thread much (any?) You've been great on mine. I'll do better, I promise.

Will catch up fully; meanwhile, keep rockin' that dress!

Me: 43 XW: 43
T15 M14
D21, SS15, S11, D8
BD: 8/6
EA / possible PA discovered 9/29
D final 10/20
G
G
Look at Raliced rockin the scuba dress! Sounds haute:)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
O
O
Makes you feel good doesn't.

I wore my 'happyest' shirt for 'happy shirt Wednesday*' this week and got comments from loads of people - it really is quite way out.

Then I took a selfie and posted it on facebook and got loads more comments and likes - even a like from WAW (who I've unfollowed).

* Happy shirt Wednesday is my own invention. I've been doing it since before the bomb. Every Wednesday, I put on one of my loudest shirts insted of the plain old white one. I guess a small part of me is extrovert.

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
J
J
No idea what a scuba dress is but sounds like youre looking and feeling good.

Definitely go with Dude, where's my H?

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
L
L
Good for you raliced! And I think you are right about the timeline playing a part in the feelings we are experiencing. I definitely went though a lot of shock and sadness at first then moved on to happy feisty when up and anger, hate and disgust when down. What fun is coming up next?

Right now I'm feeling pretty up and not even that feisty. But I'm always feisty so what can you do.

Have a great day and rock that sexy dress girl!

Hugs, Lisa

R
raliced Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: Shakspr
raliced...how do you pronounce that?

I have no idea Shakespr..I've never tried to pronounce it. My middle name is "Alice" and I just plopped initials on either side. It was my go to internet nom de plume back in dial up days and I just started using it again.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard