Next Thread
Print Thread
#2493006 10/01/14 03:41 PM
E
Eagles Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Dear all,
I have found this board after much searching and need help.

My wife of 1 year (we have been together 10 years) has left.

Six months ago she started acting distant and had an emotional affair with her male friend.

Three months ago she told me 'I love you, but am not in love with you' and after 3 months of arguing and failed therapy she is moving into her own flat (in 2 weeks)

We have 2 boys (5 and 2 years) and at present they are staying in the family home with me while she stays with a friend.

For the last week i have started the 180 after the ususual begging, constant phoning etc.

I am very angry as not only did we only get married a year ago, but have financially put ourselves in a bad position to move into the house of her dreams only 4 months ago.

I am also angry as the person she is having the affair with is the step father of one of our children and he spent a lot of time at our house.

I do love her and have realised i was not the best partner in the world and am now in solo therapy to deal with my own issues.

I have agreed to pay for her flat for 6 months and am giving a timeline of Xmas for reconciliation or i will start divorce proceddings.

I have just purchased Micheles book and intend to spend the next 3 months quietly working on 'my stuff' and spending all my time with the kids.

Boy, am i angry!

I am sorry i am venting.

Eagles #2493175 10/01/14 09:15 PM
N
N
Reading some of the posts on here will help set you in the right direction. I would think the seasoned posters would disagree with the paying for the flat. Work on your GAL (get a life) and read up on some of the posts here they are very eyeopening about how to deal with these issues.

Eagles #2493410 10/02/14 03:38 PM
R
R
Please do not be sorry for "venting", that is why we created this online community. I urge you to speak to a Divorce Busting Coach. I know that you have a set a timeline for change. Our expertly trained coaches will help you reach your goal. Call me to discuss our coaching program. 303-444-7004.

Roberta, Resource Coordinator
The Divorce Busting Center
303-444-7004
Roberta@divorcebusting.com

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard