Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi Sandi! Yes I am surprised as well that WAW never contacted me again. Yes at least now we can see what happens once she is in Florida...whether or not it works out for her down there in the coming months. Of course in this day and age of texting no one is really far away so I am remaining in no contact while she is down there as well. She could still text at any time. Also I have a feeling she'll be home for the Holidays as well. For now I am just keeping the candle burning for her but moving on at the same time. I am not terribly sad anymore and I will be just fine. If we are meant to reconcile one day, I believe it will happen...if not, we won't. I'm just taking my life one day at a time now.

Yes I am still seeing lady friend but we are going really, really slow. Lady friend was hurt badly by her ex so she's a little leary to get too serious too fast...and this is probably a good thing for us both anyway...going slow and just seeing where fate takes us. I am in no rush at all. I don't like being alone but that's not an excuse to rush into something new faster than I should.

ME: 43 W:44
M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
D papers served 5/5/14 (how appropriate a date)
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
Our marriage ends 11/17/14
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi Guys! Just an update. Heard from WAW about a business matter a few days ago in text. It was a very brief exchange. She ended it with "best to you ALWAYS." I replied "Hi okay thank you. Best back!" That was it but I thought I'd update you all. Hope everyone is well.

Last edited by ItHurts; 10/13/14 05:48 AM.

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
S
S
Thank you, Hurt. I have been thinking about you, and hoping you are doing well. Good job of not initiating contact.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks Sandi! Yeah it's been totally quiet on WAW front since the Aunt's death and her move to Florida other than that brief exchange. Yes I haven't initiated anything with her and I won't.

I've found that since I rarely saw her anyway I don't care as much as I thought I would that she's in Florida. I'm just letting time pass, living my life, and just seeing what happens with her. I will say I don't expect to hear from her anytime soon as there's really no reason now.
Hope you're doing well Sandi!

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
S
S
I appreciate it and I am doing fairly well. Your WAW is still experiencing the newness of her move. If the money runs out before she finds a job or something else goes wrong, she will probably want a shoulder to cry on.

The deal with her Aunt and all that is just weird to me. I mean, that's all it took for her to be done? After all she put you through, and gets all huffy over that? Crazy!

I think the time apart may do you some good. You may be at the point now where your head can think more clearly. Maybe the pain is not as bad as it was when everything was so fresh.

Whatever you want Hurt, I hope it all works out for you.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
I
ItHurts Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi Sandi, yeah I think she resided herself to the fact that I wasn't too keen on being "friends" and since I didn't initiate a good bye meeting she just left with no contact. I'm sure I'll hear from her at some point for some reason and of course I will keep you posted here every time there is any news to report no matter how trivial the contact may be. But I do suspect she just assumes I'm not too keen on being friends and is just honoring my wishes...even though I'm sure she's mad about it to some degree. Anyway, thanks for the concern for me... I appreciate it.

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
M
M
I'm struggling with what it means to be friends when you want the relationship back. My SO needs time since he's been M 4x and likely didn't have enough time to heal. It's 4 months now and we are 3000 miles apart. He recently said if I was there it would be different. Now he went dark because he feels he's hurt me and doesn't want to cause more. I'm wanting to tell him I've fully forgiven him and want to spend some time where he now lives but I'm wondering if that will push him away. How do I know when to give more vs. move away more?

M
M
Hi Sandi and ithurts,

Can either of you help me with this? I'm new on the site this month.

I'm struggling with what it means to be friends when you want the relationship back. My SO needs time since he's been M 4x and likely didn't have enough time to heal. It's 4 months now and we are 3000 miles apart. He recently said if I was there it would be different. Now he went dark because he feels he's hurt me and doesn't want to cause more. I'm wanting to tell him I've fully forgiven him and want to spend some time where he now lives but I'm wondering if that will push him away. How do I know when to give more vs. move away more?

S
S
Have not read through all your posts yet. The ones I saw were very short, which is okay but doesn't cover a lot of ground. Everyone's stitch is not 100% alike and the more we know, the better we may be able to help. I will look for your thread. Hope you've read Divorce Remedy.

Z
Z
You still around hurts?

Me:38 XW:38
T:11 years M:8 years
Kids: S14, D11, D7
BD/Move out day: 6/17/14, D final Dec 15
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard