Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
G
G
Nope. PA.

But I do make it to Cleveland on occasion!

---GGG

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

W
W
Heather,

In reading what the person said to you in regard to your questions, it seems to me that they don't want to get too specific out of the fear that it'd drive you away. I think it is with a good reason that it is so vague and I wouldn't invest too much in that. At the bare minimum, when running a magazine or newspaper, the management must know the costs to run it, personnel, beanies, etc. It kind of boggles my mind that they cannot tell you a salary range or how many pages a publication is usually at.

You might want to take a look at a local magazine that caters to travel in the local areas with info on restaurants, special features of that city, etc. Every state and/or locale has such magazine that could be right up your alley.

A
A
Heather, your efforts are really paying off. You are being given new opportunities to be able to provide for your family and have a great life for you all. I hope you get exactly what you are hoping for. You deserve it!

I find myself in a situation regarding a potential new job. There is a managerial position vacant which my manager has suggested I apply for. F/T and good salary, which is a mixed blessing. I haven't worked f/t for over 10 years, and whilst I am not lazy and realise I have to support myself I am really not sure if this kind of responsibility is what I am looking for right now. Some of it is a confidence issue, some a self preservation thing - I don't want to fail as something again so soon after the failure of my relationship. Some of it is having my time and space again and liking it, not sure I'm ready to give it up right now.

I don't have children to consider, just the dog, and she says "stay with me". Don't have too long to make up my mind as closing date is 8/8!!

Also, FYI - I found the move away from BD location to be a good one. Although I have moved to be closer from family, the good bit is knowing he isn't going to turn up anywhere/anytime (and neither is his wife!!). Neighbours don't know him so no comments/questions re his whereabouts (I made it quite clear to family if I wanted to discuss anything I would bring it up, otherwise subject closed). The chance to have new life experiences without old memories interfering.

Have a great day Heather, and enjoy the attention.

Last edited by Ab Fab; 08/05/14 05:43 PM.
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Sent another 11-12 resumes out. I'm beginning to notice opportunities I would have previously ignored...thinking I wasn't qualified. Saw some columnist positions. It's a new day. My FUTURE will look nothing like my past.

God gave me some clear visions of what He wants for while I was mowing yesterday. Best ideas always while I'm mowing. Lol.

Both girls really needing me right now. Trying to be present, but can't forget to be there for ME too!!

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks AB!! Always so nice when you drop by :-)

Open yourself up to what's ahead. You can handle it!!

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

A
A
Heather, you are being very quiet here, hope everything is going OK.

Hope your are just spending time with your girls and at your new job.

Applied for the job - who knows!!

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks Ab :-)

Nothing much to report. Haven't heard anything from New York, Smokey's atty, Smokey or elsewhere.

I have the Kohl's orientation on Friday. I have another interested client for tutoring. I really see myself able to help this little boy. He lost his dad over the summer in a drowning accident.

Just not sure where God wants me right now. I wish HE would take out a billboard or something, "HEATHER! GO HERE!"

2.5 years of limbo is enough.

Last edited by LoisB; 08/09/14 09:28 PM.

S
S
Thinking of u and following, Heather.... Nothing much to add but support, thoughts, and prayers smile.

God wants you exactly where you are right now. The rest will come.

M44, H44, both M before
M4 yrs, T6
BD 7/13 ILYB something isn't right with me
H att suicide 2/14
S 4/14
OW disc 5/14
D final 4/15
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Shining. It means a lot.

I know something better is waiting...it's just the sitting in between Point A and Point B that's gotten old. I want a vision of this new life. But, I guess nothing is stopping me from creating the VISION.

I even had the girls create vision boards so we could gets some clarity on what we want our future to look like. I finished mine last night. It was a fun project.

What came up was...country life, rural, old houses, antiques, water views, near water, small cottage-style living with lots of windows, beauty and brightness...and a new car and writing.

M
M
Heather, I like the vision boards! What a great idea for you and the kids! That's such a good place to start when you aren't sure what direction you are going. It should be insightful to collect your thoughts, dreams, likes, and.... vision for the future! Atta girl! You have such a positive spirit; it's to be admired.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard