Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Timmy76 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hello all:

Im probably a very familiar story...husband of 5 yrs and going through a divorce that I would give all extremities to stop.
I am at fault for many repeated reason. Had I got help at a much earlier stage in the marriage, I honestly don't believe I would be sitting in this situation.
So, here I am. My wife says enough is enough. I've done a lot wrong and am trying to make things right. I'm 3/4 through the divorce busters book (still confused) and treating her as she should have been treated for so long.
Sorry I'm getting long winded. My problem is that she is 200% stuck on my past issues. She sees I'm trying and that i've changed but continuously says that it is just the same old phase. What can I do to have a breakthrough with her before its too late?

D
D
I'm not sure what to tell you, but I hope someone can help. I'm thinking that it will take some time for her to see and trust the "new you".

T
T
There are NO quick fixes here. Fasten your seatbelt, it's going to be a long and bumpy ride. Can you stomach it? Do you love her?

S
S
Timmy, this is like dieting. If it took you years to LOSE her trust, it's going to take you at LEAST six months of consistent (not perfect) changes to begin to earn it back.

Can you be more specific? What are her legitimate marital complaints?

Also, is there another man involved? That may be blocking her to you emotionally as well.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
C
C
Welcome to the board

Get out and GAL.

DETACH.

Believe none of what she says and half of what she does.

Have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Take care of yourself, breathe, eat, sleep, exercise.

You are on moderation right now on the forum.
SO post in small frequent posts until you get off of it.

Your W is giving you a GIFT.
THE GIFT OF TIME.

USE it wisely.

Knowledge is Power - Sir Francis Bacon

Me-70, D37,S36
T
Timmy76 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you all for the kind words. Its been 4 months since she filed and i'm trying to do everything right. She says she sees the change in me but she says she doesn't believe it will last. I don't know what else to do to show her that I'm changed. Ive read the DB book, signed up for Mort Fratel's Marriage Fitness and I'm seeing a counselor. Basically saying, I'm taking strides I've never taken before.

T
Timmy76 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Starsky...I did everything wrong in this marriage that one human being could possibly do. I neglected her, disrespected her, she was a homebody and I was a social butterfly so I was out all the time which led to very unnecessary flirting and messaging with other girls. And then to lie about it all.
To be honest, she allowed me to do it for so long that I took full advantage of it, to the point that I was disconnected from the marriage. Now that I had this light bulb click on, she shortly thereafter, decides now is the time to cut loose.

I love her with all my heart. I was a fool for being the way i was. I'm trying like hell to be the person I need to be but i am running out of time and not making any headway. She is extremely hurt and bitter about it all. She is turned off to everything. We go to counseling but she only goes for my sake. She says its no benefit to her and she gets nothing out of it.
She says the feelings arent there anymore and that she sees I'm trying but because of past instances, she doesn't see this 'correct' behavior lasting. She feels it would all go back to the way it was if she would take cancel the divorce.
I hate to say it but I'm running out of faith

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard