Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
B
B
Rick - two words - OUCH and SORRY! frown

BA

#2450872 05/07/14 04:53 PM
B
B
Thanks GM. Best scenario is that all three of the biopsies they took come back as negative, but in all likelihood one of them is definitely skin cancer and actually if it's only the one on my forehead then that would be great news. I'm really not crazy about having anything more done to my nose at this point. eek

As for the girlfriend status, yes it is nice to be dating someone exclusively. She is a sweetheart and for reasons I cannot fathom simply adores me. grin

As for the ex - yes I am ignoring her as best I can. I don't know why but her little pissy and irrational moodiness still bother me more than I care to admit. frown I am better than I used to be but I would love to get to the point where they have absolutely zero affect on me.

On the plus side, it's only a 4 day week for me. I am taking Friday off because I have new windows going in all of my house. This is the last major home improvement thing I will do this year and I am getting close to having most of the things I want done with the home completed. Only a few more to go in the next couple of years. I just finished having new carpet installed and custom built-in bookcases constructed which tie into a new mantel piece in the downstairs family which looks absolutely amazing now. Should be a huge selling feature when I put it on the market in 3 to 5 years.

BA

Good grief, BA. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll bet all of this stressed you out. Big time.

You, too, are in my prayers.

So what gives on this medical stuff here in Surviving? I'm heading to my dentist in awhile for an emergency appointment. I've had jaw pain for about 6 weeks and it's now unbearable. My sister was treated for TMJ/TMD and said on Sunday that I need to go get some relief. I really don't have money for this sort of stuff (see speeding ticket on Kat's thread for my latest), but I can't live like this any longer. I can't even begin to count how much ibuprofen I've inhaled in the past month. It's awful.

It made singing in the car painful as well. 4 days of nonstop singing is usually enjoyable, but not this time.

I made it home with D20 and her BF at midnight on Monday/Tuesday. While I'm really bummed I didn't get to hook up with Kat (and please know that if Olathe keeps dragging it out, maybe I'll just drive out there myself this fall), it was good to be home. After we peeled rubber out from her university Thursday evening, we had a whirlwind trip through Kingston (cold and rainy but beautiful), Toronto (ditto) and Niagara Falls (ditto), downtown Lewiston, NY (uh huh, ditto), Erie, PA (cold and pouring, plus stayed in a hotel with a bunch of pyschos whose center of the universe is the Splash Lagoon), Indianapolis (FINALLY sunny!) and back home to Denver. Yep, a front is moving in now and rain is in our forecast tonight.

I guess my diatribe prevented all of you from seeing me dance the happy dance to have my baby girl home for a few months? If so, well, I'm doing the happy dance. She went grocery shopping for me yesterday, before she and BF took the light rail down to Coors Field to watch the hit parade. I really miss her! Her BF is wonderful. I'd adopt him faster than you could say... adopt him. He's sweet, funny, respectful and just plain adorable. It will be nice to have him here through next week. Then it's back to cold, hard reality.

I've been busy with estate matters since I got home. Tomorrow's fun will be meeting bug people at the house to deal with new construction of a wasp's nest on the front porch. Just in time for the estate sale on Friday. The estate people are there today, frantically pricing things. I'll say that the reality really hit me... seeing price tags on everything he owned made me really sad. Sad enough to cry. My guess is that Monday will force the same types of feelings - seeing an empty house. I think I'll be glad when it sells. The For Sale sign goes up tomorrow, but it won't hit the MLS until Tuesday. Blech.

No wonder I have TMJ.

Then tonight I'm going to my first of 6 classes on the steps to transition D17 to adult services at 18. That's going to bring other, deeper and yuckier emotions to the surface. Wow. I need BA and his scotch. Where are you when I need you, BA????

Speaking of alcohol, just in case anyone needs a referral... D20 and her BF and I went to a lovely winery in Niagara-on-the-Lake called Chateau des Charmes. It was breathtaking. I came home with a bottle of ice wine (which is very sweet) and a simple rose'. I'm probably going to break one out this weekend. If not before.

So that's it from Colorado.

Hope everyone is on the mend soon!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
A
A
Hi BA I wrote to you in FB to see if you're around tomorrow afternoon; I'll be in DC. If not, some other time!

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
adinva #2451096 05/08/14 11:07 AM
S
S
Oh my God - Bets - I lived just 5 min from chateau de Charms for 55 years! Josh & I had our first wine tasting there. Too bad I wAs not living there when you were nearby!
Barb

B
B
Originally Posted By: Underdog

Then tonight I'm going to my first of 6 classes on the steps to transition D17 to adult services at 18. That's going to bring other, deeper and yuckier emotions to the surface. Wow. I need BA and his scotch. Where are you when I need you, BA????

Wow Betsey - as usual you have your plate full!! I'd love to hook you up with some good Scotch and help your cup runneth over. grin In fact I've got a brand new bottle of my favorite 21 y/o Glengoyne in the house now.

Transitions are always emotional but it's good that you've got a step by step program that you are attending. Is there one of those for watching your daughter finish high school and start on her way to college??? My D17 almost has one foot out the door and I'm missing her already!!

Best,
BA

adinva #2451112 05/08/14 11:48 AM
B
B
Originally Posted By: adinva
Hi BA I wrote to you in FB to see if you're around tomorrow afternoon; I'll be in DC. If not, some other time!

Hey AD - Hoping my work situation cooperates and we can sync up our schedules today for a brief get together. If not we're not that far apart that we can't arrange this on a weekend! smile

Good luck today!

BA

N
N
BA, you are in my prayers. (((((((((((((((BA))))))))))))

Me(f): 51 W: 41
DP:8 M:3 T:10
"W not happy" 7/11
D final: 8/13
Barb-Glad things are looking up for you! And I'm *really* sorry you don't live there because we would have gladly met up with you. I love the name too. House of Charms. Lovely, lovely estate.

I'll postpone opening the wine, though. I'm taking a muscle relaxer for my jaw muscle, and my dentist gave me a choice between alcohol or the Rx. Since it's so painful, the Rx won. I'm already seeing improvement today.

BA, so the Glengoyne will have to wait!

Since D17 is a special needs kiddo, we'll be transitioning to adult services. Our job is to figure out (with as much input as possible from a nonverbal person) what makes her happy so she can live a productive and happy life beyond high school. It's scary. For me. And now I've got to try and jump on a bandwagon that really promotes more independence from her, just in case I get hit by a bus.

Truthfully, I'm disappointed with Mr. Wonderful. I let him know a couple of weeks ago that I really wanted him to attend these classes with me and why. I'm really tired of bearing the burden of doing all the heavy lifting myself. I sent him the info on how to sign up (it's free for him, for goodness sake). So yesterday when I asked him what time he was going over, he looked shocked. He said, "But that class is on Wednesdays". My D20 just looked at him and said, "REALLY, DAD?????" So there will be more conversations about this, but not today when I'm irritated with him and the 24 hour rule still hasn't made me feel better about it. Maybe another muscle relaxer will, though. I'll call him when I'm a little high.

Okay, enough dawdling. I've got to get back to work.

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
G
G
Hi Everybody!!!
Just checking back in after a long hiatus. Well, just a lot of stress at work and a darn couple of tough months. I'm so glad it's finally spring!

I had dinner at the end of March with a former student who used to work for my xh. He had to leave because he couldn't stand the 'greedy bi&ch' anymore. Yep, the ow finally did it. Well, the xh had his vasectomy reversed and they are now trying to get pregnant. He's 47 years old!! Whatever....I really had no reaction to that at all.

Yesterday would have been my 25th anniversary, again no reaction. In 3 days I will have been divorced 4 years and in 2 weeks I will have been single for 5 years. My life has been interesting and full and I wouldn't trade a thing that's happened since he walked out.

Hope everyone is doing well; I see there have been some sad moments and joyful ones. May the light continue to shine on for all....
Now, back to the golf course!!! smile

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard