Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
L
L
I hope you had a nice anniversary, whether she made any effort or not. ;-)

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
LoisB #2454379 05/22/14 03:40 PM
T
OP Offline
T
The boys in the band took me out for my anniversary ... A good night with an excellent practice. We are really tightening up and getting that "band" feeling, not just some people playing instruments at each other (hard to describe).

Good tunes at the bar, good beer, making contacts for future gigs.

Life is good.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

C
C
T, glad to hear you had a good night, the band thing sounds very cool. Wish I had one bone of musical talent...

Out of curiosity, did your W acknowledge the day?

CB

Me; 42, W; 43
M; 16 yrs
S12, D9

3/13 - "I want to move to XYZ City (four hours away) and it might be without you, not sure"
5/13 - "Not sure I meant that"
T
OP Offline
T
She did not.

I didnt expect her too, at all. She had issues with holidays/special days before MLC, so.... crazy

Just living my life is the only rational thing to do atm. wink

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

T
OP Offline
T
Well, change is afoot.

W texted me:

"how about if we plan to sit down and talk after u get back from your trip with S1"

Naturally, my knee jerk reaction thoughts were that she doesn't want back in, otherwise she could tell me before..right? She has reclaimed her compassion and nice, soooo, she doesn't want to spoil the trip...

Talking with friends, though, could be many things.

-Wants in but needs more time
-Wants in but doesn't want me to NOT focus on the trip
-If she wants out, I may not let her stay with the other 2 boys while we are away, thus she couldn't get the rest of her stuff out without me around.
-"Just because" that's the way she needs to do this, for whatever reason.

So I'm stilling my mind...I so want Limbo to be over...

Yesterday on her day at the house she did dishes, cleaned a bathroom, including the tub and toilet, vacuumed. I don't know what to think (shut up Mach,lol... wink )

A week and a half to go.

I will be getting some good head clearing back country time in...WAY over-due...

Either way, I will be fine and am doing well...really, really well.

And so it goes....

smile

job Offline
T2,
You've come a long way and know that over thinking will create stinking thinking. Let it go and enjoy your time w/your son. Whatever will be, will be...no point in trying to figure out which scenario will be presented to you.

Take care and stay positive!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2457691 06/05/14 03:29 PM
M
M
Originally Posted By: job
T2,
You've come a long way and know that over thinking will create stinking thinking. Let it go and enjoy your time w/your son. Whatever will be, will be...no point in trying to figure out which scenario will be presented to you.

Take care and stay positive!

Read this every time you have a "neuron mis-fire".....

: )

Mach1 #2460400 06/14/14 05:07 PM
K
K
Hey T!

Wow. You're an amazing man, you know that right? Im just about speechless how you've managed to maintain this long.

I see you experiencing unconditional love. Not only for her, but for yourself.

And that is the main purpose we're put on this earth, from the soul's perspective. To learn unconditional love.

Im seeing that all LBS's are on this path. We have had no other choice but to sit at the bottom of the barrel or find our way out. And the journey and lessons along the way are irreplaceable!

Than you for being you. I continue to admire and learn from what you experience and post.

Kimmerz

M=42 XH=44
M=18 T=21
D14 D11
Divorced 4/2012
XH marries OW 6/2014.
T
OP Offline
T
Hi ya Kimmerz! Long time, eh?

So we had an awesome backpacking trip, s1 and I. We jammed out 24-26 miles backcountry in 2 days, 35-40 pounds each including water. While hiking we would each be in our own thoughts, then at breaks or a campfire talk about our lives, process together, share and dig deep. Good special father/son time...he turns 21 shortly and will be moving out, again, lol!!

He really pulled away from 13-16 years old from both of us (this is pre-mlc)... now we are best friends after he went through his teen years and he has tasted adult life being a wildland firefighter...he told me on this trip that he knew I was always there, he didnt really appreciate it until 17 or so, when Mom started her journey...W was really bummed when she overheard him telling the younger boys "When I have to make a decision, I think to myself "What would Dad do?"".

Lots of validation for me this trip. smile

So it's been over a week and no "talk" with W...the one time I asked her about it, her response was....wait for it...."I don't know" LOL!!... I just shrugged and replied "Ok, let me know".

Part of me is annoyed sometimes that she is keeping me and the kids waiting, the bulk of the time I forget about it completely...I have an awesome, busy life going on dontchaknow!!

Knowing I don't want to "push", because it has proven ineffective, and what's another week or two after all this time? Her words or actions will be known at the end of the month, as her roommate's lease is up and her roommate has to move.

Getting ready for the annual trip to Park City with the boys shortly...yup, full, busy life, and it's damn good.

smile

job Offline
T,
I'm so glad to read that you and your son had a great time on your trip. This trip meant a lot to the both of you. Your son is growing up and will soon leave the nest once again.

As for your wife, she'll talk to you when she's ready. She's still not there yet...continue to give her the space she needs. She has another week to make up her mind and she most likely won't do that until the very end of the month. MLCers don't like to make decisions quickly. LOL!

Enjoy Park City...life is far too short not to enjoy it!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard