Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
JFun51 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
AJ, UR, Heather,

Thanks for your encouraging words. I am at a real different place in my life right now. I am ready for the next chapter. I just know that my W and I love our children very differently. Doesn't make either one of us better than the other, just different.

And as far as saying something beautiful, Heather, I am just me. I have struggled for a while with my anger, my sorrow, my resentment, my rejection, and all those things that every LBS goes through. I have found clarity in my approach to the world. My children are my legacy to this world. They will be my lasting mark. I love those boys more than they can ever understand. When people say to me that I could walk away from my W at any time and no one would blame me, I just can't agree. I had to make sure that I tried and, in the end, that my sons would be safe emotionally and physically.

I have a long, long road ahead of me. I know that. But I have a new positive direction.

Both 40
T-22 M-18
S13
S11

Bomb, ILYBINILWY-7/10/13
EA #1-confirmed 7/10/13, ongoing since 5/13
EA #2-9/13/13

Moved out and Legally Separated 6/14

"Success is a journey, not a destination."
T
T
Hey JF, it's been amazing watching your journey...amazing. I'm so glad you chose the "red pill"... wink

No matter what happens down the road, you will be okay, better than okay, awesome.

Just keep that CHD tool topmost in the toolbox these next few weeks, you'll be fine.

smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

J
JFun51 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks T2, I'm trying to live every day with CHD. Some days I succeed and others, not so much. And I'm talking about with everyone and everything in my life, not just W.

I think that's where we all arrive at that survive this journey. It isn't about saving your M. It's about saving yourself and becoming the man you were always meant to be. Understanding why you became the man you are and molding that man into the best man you can possibly be.

I have had this quote in my classroom and/or my office for over 18 years. Given to me by my pastor when he married us:

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome."
Booker T. Washington

Love it. Always have.

Both 40
T-22 M-18
S13
S11

Bomb, ILYBINILWY-7/10/13
EA #1-confirmed 7/10/13, ongoing since 5/13
EA #2-9/13/13

Moved out and Legally Separated 6/14

"Success is a journey, not a destination."
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7