Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2402514 11/09/13 03:03 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Here is my old thread

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2361287

It has been 8 months since BD dropped. What a journey it has been from me. From the beginning of losing my ownself to melt down in front of W. Begging/Crying/Playing nice all of these was of no use in getting back my W. There has been thoughts of just ending everything at one point in time as I felt at that point in time that life is meaningless without W.

However in July, i must say I found a book. A Book called DR and this forum which totally saved me. With that book started my own self discovery journey. Bit by bit i found back my confidence. I started questioning my old behavior and correct them. What started out as a simple GAL, culinary became my biggest passion ever. I went from zero till a cook that others wants to buy my dessert. If anyone were to ask me to cook one year ago, I would definitely say no. However, it's a different story now.

I started meeting new people through meetups. Made some new friends, in fact i started doing things that i used to not want to do. I force myself to experience every single part of life. I'll be taking a solo back packing trip to europe starting next wednesday for half the month. This is something that I have never ever imagine doing. I'm excited for it but also worried for my safety. But nothing is ever going to stop me now.

Following my return from europe, i'll be participating in my first ever half-marathon. There's so many things I would look forward to in my life now. Would I wish that BD never happened? I would be lying if i say i didn't. However, I realized that what i gained from it was much greater. Without BD, i would have never know of my bad habits and never been given this gift of time to become a better person.

Currently, situation with wife now is that she said that she will be filing for seperation in family court in my country. There is no reason for her to contact me anymore. I have not been contacting her ever since too. I do miss her often. My trigger of sadness arises whenever i see her picture. But i'm able to let it go after embracing the feeling.

At the end of the day, I only know that I can only keep working on myself and hopefully be able to start my cafe in the near future.

M30 W26
BD 16 March 2013
M1
M
M
Wow Digdeeper that post was awesome. I am so happy for all of your progress, I can't wait to see your continued growth!

me: 30 H:30
tgthr:7 m:4
no kids
5 counseling sessions initiated by H as a LR: Oct 2012
long distance marriage b/c of work since Nov 2012
official BD: July 2013
nothing filed
1/1/14 I dropped the rope
P
P
Good to hear from you. It's been quite awhile.

M35 XW34
D5 D4
M 6years T 10years
Bomb 5/2013
Joint Petition signed 6/2013
Moved out end of 8/2013
Court Hearing of Joint Petition 9/2013
D finalized in 3 months - no news yet
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Mimi30
Wow Digdeeper that post was awesome. I am so happy for all of your progress, I can't wait to see your continued growth!

Thanks mimi! I'm also looking forward to my continued growth but baby steps for now hence the title. I've been reading up on your story. Didn't haven time to comment on it though sorry about that frown

M30 W26
BD 16 March 2013
M1
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: planet
Good to hear from you. It's been quite awhile.

Thanks planet! For the past few months i've been mainly lurking here reading other people's thread. I did not forgot about your thread and i'm really sorry what you're going through now. I believe that you're becoming the better person. Just want to let you know that we're all on this same journey.

M30 W26
BD 16 March 2013
M1
D
OP Offline
D
Recently saw a movie "about time". I believe that the movie is excellent and send a message to me to live every day like it is the last. I've applied this to myself and I'm more happier than before. If anyone have not seen the movie I would suggest watching it.

On the other hand, I will be flying off tonight to Europe. Totally excited over it and can't wait for my backpacking trip to start.

M30 W26
BD 16 March 2013
M1
P
P
Have a Good One my friend.

M35 XW34
D5 D4
M 6years T 10years
Bomb 5/2013
Joint Petition signed 6/2013
Moved out end of 8/2013
Court Hearing of Joint Petition 9/2013
D finalized in 3 months - no news yet
M
M
Be safe and enjoy your trip!

me: 30 H:30
tgthr:7 m:4
no kids
5 counseling sessions initiated by H as a LR: Oct 2012
long distance marriage b/c of work since Nov 2012
official BD: July 2013
nothing filed
1/1/14 I dropped the rope
D
OP Offline
D
Hey thanks both!
Just arrived in Amsterdam! Feels like heading home everytime I arrive in Europe.
Wil keep reading up on everyone's story whenever I have the time

M30 W26
BD 16 March 2013
M1
D
OP Offline
D
Wishing everyone a Merry Xmas and a Happy new year!

Will be updating my thread more since I'm back from Europe. I think I'm addicted to backpacking alone throughout Europe now lol.

Leave more of my thought in my next post.

M30 W26
BD 16 March 2013
M1
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard