Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
rbro Offline OP
OP Offline
R
She serves me with divorce papers. I'm still in the home. I'm working on GAL, but there is contention. I want to be home to put our daughters to bed every night that I can. I currently encourage my wife to go out with her friends. I don't want her to feel controlled. But, she still does things like get a pay-as-you-go mobile phone so she can text other men. (I have gathered evidence of this for the trial.)

If she wants a divorce, shouldn't she be "on her own"? I'm tempted to refuse to stay home with the kids so she can go out (dinner, dancing, walking, jogging, Zumba, etc.). I'd like to tell her, "I'm not telling you where you can and can't go, but I'm not going to help you do it."

C
C
Welcome to the board

Speak with Actions not words.

Get out and GAL.

DETACH.

Believe none of what she says and half of what she does.
Have NO EXPECTATIONS.
Take care of yourself, breathe, eat, sleep, exercise.

You are on moderation right now on the forum.
SO post in small frequent posts until you get off of it.

Your GF is giving you a GIFT.
THE GIFT OF TIME.

USE it wisely.

Knowledge is Power - Francis Bacon

Me-70, D37,S36
B
B
Would be good to lay out the whole story....how long married, ages, ages of kids, complaints of hers in the M, complaints of yours, what she didn't like, what you didn't like, etc.

Have you read DR/DB? What are you working on for you?

Originally Posted By: rbro
If she wants a divorce, shouldn't she be "on her own"? I'm tempted to refuse to stay home with the kids so she can go out (dinner, dancing, walking, jogging, Zumba, etc.). I'd like to tell her, "I'm not telling you where you can and can't go, but I'm not going to help you do it."

I think if you read a lot of the sitches here, there's multiple ways to make this work. You need to GAL, and if you're both in the same home, you should be working together on the kids. She's out having a good time and your home building resentment...not great. You trying to make her feel her decision...not great. It'll come...but shouldn't come directly from you.

I'd simply make some plans a couple of times per week (minimum), and let her know, "W, I have plans x night, so I need you to be home for the kids."

M:44 W:42
M:15
S:19, D:16, S:14, D:12, S:6
BD: 2/14/11
D Final: 6/25/13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard