Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Great for you!! Congratulations Navy..... Inspirational for all.

Me-48,W-51
M-22,T-24
S- 18,16,9
Feb-Jul '11 Away from Home, after initial B date
Aug-Dec '11 Back at Home on couch
Dec '11-now Same bedroom, room mates only
Dec '14 W files initial D paperwork
A
A
Wow, that's great news Navyguy!! Congrats!! Please keep us posted, it's always uplifting to read success stories smile

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
B
B
Awesome!! Congrats!! Will definitely check out your piecing thread!

M:44 W:42
M:15
S:19, D:16, S:14, D:12, S:6
BD: 2/14/11
D Final: 6/25/13
J
J
Outstanding!! Navy.

BITS
Me 55, ACK, when did that happen? Doesn't feel like 55
D 30
S 27

You create your own universe as you go along - Winston Churchill
J
J
Love it Navy!!!

I am so very happy for you smile

Hugs...Ruby (currently under an alias...lmao)

Navy,

what a pleasant surprise. I can say I only knew one thing for sure...after you went to that workshop on your own,

I knew YOU would be alright. I wondered if your wife would want what you had found, or be attracted to it, or abandon things...

I'm so glad she chose to go for it and that you were open to it.

I hope she's open to maybe doing EE on her own or Retrovaille or another retreat.

Like you, I've seen too many MC's fail at counselling FOR marriage. They ought to be called "divorce counselors" ---

okay to be fair, I HAVE found some solution based ones who were good. Just not the majority. So you are wise to be careful there.

Congratulations on making SUCH a journey M--- Navy,...really,

you've made what I consider to be, heroic efforts. Bravo to you! If they had them for this, and they should,

I'd put you in for a medal...

So now, another different chapter begins...Keep us posted!!

((( hugs ))))

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
Every time a bell rings.... wink

Congratulations, Navy. Well done indeed!!! =@@=

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
N
Navyguy Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hey everyone. Long time no chat. Sorry I have been deliquent in providing updates.

Life is still good here...and getting better every day. W and I are enjoying life together again...I'd even go as far as saying we're better off than we've ever been. The kids are doing great. D7 just started 2nd grade and S5 started kindergarten.

W and I still have arguments from time to time, but it is amazing how we are actually able to resolve conflicts now, and even grow closer from them. We have not done any MC, but at this point I think the risks associated with getting a MC that wants to rehash the past outweigh any potential benefits. I am happy...and W is happy. We are building the foundation our marriage never had from the beginning...and just in the past month or so I have really starting reaping the benefits (emotional and physical) of that.

I had my final IC session yesterday. It was interesting to take a step back and look how far things have come in the past year since I started seeing her. My M went from being stuck in limbo, to marching toward D, and then to salvation. And looking back, just like 25 mentioned above...I really think the tipping point of my sitch was the point when I knew I'd be ok, no matter what. The point where I stopped letting W's perception of me determine my own self worth. IC told me it has been incredible to see that change and how proud she was of the work I've done...and the work that W has chosen to do as well, even though she only hears about it second hand. And the best part of that for me is that I will carry that self-worth with me for the rest of my life, and I will be ok, no matter what life throws at me.

I was just going back through some of my old threads and saw I started a thread about a year and a half ago with a line from Dante's Purgatory. I'd like to repost it here again...it still has a very powerful meaning to me, and really applies just as much now as it did then:

"My son, you've seen the temporary fire and the eternal fire; you have reached the place past which my powers cannot see. I've brought you here through intellect and art; from now on, let your pleasure be your guide; you're past the steep and past the narrow paths. Look at the sun that shines upon your brow; look at the grasses, flowers, and the shrubs born here, spontaneously, of the earth. Among them, you can rest or walk until the coming of the glad and lovely eyes-those eyes that, weeping, sent me to your side. Await no further word or sign from me: your will is free, erect, and whole-to act against that will would be to err: therefore I crown and miter you over yourself."

I hope everyone is doing well...no matter what your sitch looks like today. Know that there's a lot of people out there that feel your pain, are thinking about you, and are here for you.

BITS
M: 35
W: 35
T14, M11
D9, S6
ILYBINILY: June 09
Unofficially Separated (long distance): 1/2/11
W came home: 3/17/11
EE: July 2012
Dropped the rope: Oct 2012
Piecing: April 2013
Not piecing: April 2014
Stuck.
M
M
Great to hear that everything is going great. If you could, I would suggest that you post your success story in the Success section.

I know alot of posters need some hope in their situation.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
T
T
Thankyou Navyguy for giving me a lot of hope, however long it may take!

Me 50
W 46
Stepson 16
Together 6yr, Married 3yr
Known each other 20yr
ILYBNILWY Jul 13
Found out about affair Jul 13
Left Marital home Jul 13
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard