Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
job Offline
GWN,
Urworthy is absolutely correct that there are people out there that care about you and want to help. I have found that people are hesitant to offer to help/listen, but when you reach out, they are there and more than happy to take time of the day to listen and offer comfort and a strong shoulder to lean on.

Right now, everything looks dark and you think that you are alone, walking your path in life. Unfortunately, we all have to learn that we are only as alone as we choose to be in many circumstances.

About your home and the location...have you given any thought to renting your place out and moving closer to the area where you work? At least you woud not have to sell your home and still have the luxury of being close in and doing things w/people that live closer in.

I'm very concerned about you and like urworthy, we want to know if you are okay. Please post and let us know that you are okay.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2332645 03/25/13 11:50 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks AJ, worthy and Snodderly

I felt better for having gotten those feelings off my chest. I spent Sunday ripping out my bathroom. My sister and her husband are coming this week to help me put in he new fixtures. It's one of the things I need to do to prepare for selling. I'm thinkin about doing a passive sale...listing it on a Craig's list type site to see if there are any takers. The thought makes me feel a bit vulnerable but we'll see.

I asked a random stranger what she thought of my paint choice at the store yesterday. Wanted a second opinion as I'm dreadful at that sort of thing. We got to chatting and it turns out she's a relative of the guy I moved here and lived with. We'd spent some time with them a dozen years ago. Small world.

Tonight I'll have dinner with a childhood friend who's here on business.

No shortage of things to do but everything just feels hollow. I wish I could snap out of it. I did some reading on betrayal trauma yesterday. Interesting stuff.

me 45
H 46
T 5
M 2.5
BD Sept 6 2011
OW Sept 8 2011
Threw him out Sept 8 2011
B
B
I so understand how you're feeling, GWN. I have been having the same empty, lonely feelings. Thinking of you.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks BM. I don't say much but I'm following your sitch. Even when we know we have to move on its tough.

A lot of folks here have been feeling quite lonely lately....I wonder what's up with that?

I met my old friend for dinner tonight and we walked around downtown for a bit afterwards. It was nice. Then I came home and booked a flight to my home town!! Haven't been there is eight years. It's gonna be quite the experience I think. June can't come soon enough.

me 45
H 46
T 5
M 2.5
BD Sept 6 2011
OW Sept 8 2011
Threw him out Sept 8 2011
W
W
GWN,

I applaude you and really value you for being so totally honest and open with how you are feeling.
I too feel EXACTLY the same way.
In fact I bet more people than we realize feel that way and yes it's a part of society now. We are more disconnected from each other and humanity than ever before.

Thank you so much for writing all that you have.

My W left me just over 5 years ago and has been pleasant and nice ever since. I was hoping she would come around and we could get back together. We have an 8 and a 10 year old child.

Last night I got a long email from my XW saying that she is now in a serious relationship and she told the kids last night. My poor little daughter was hysterical.
She knows how much I still love her mom and was hoping we would get back together.

Anyway my XW said she was sorry for causing me and our kids pain and how great of a father I am. She feels what's best for our kids is to see us in a happy relationship with new partners. frown

Anyway, we all continue on to good days and bad days.
Thanks god for this forum for support !

Hope you have a better day today.

Me/W: 46/36
D7.6/S6
T/M: 7.5/6.5
Bomb 12/05/07
D final: 03/03/09

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard