Next Thread
Print Thread
#2315769 01/18/13 04:27 PM
T
Tipper Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hey all,
It has been a long while since I have been on the boards (like...a year and 1/2 or more).
Sometimes, you just need to break away and live.

Well I am here to update and let you all know that My H and I have been doing great. We celebrated our 12year of Marriage last august, We have been remodeling our home (slowly -but surely), and we are trying to have kids.

I am happy, healthy, and a much different person than I was 5 years ago when I first found myself here on the boards.

I never thought I would be happy again...It has taken years of struggles and hard work and hardship - But, I do believe I am one of the lucky ones.

My Sitch involves MLC/Other women/Alcoholic behaviors...that the boards, Alanon and several books all helped me to cope with and overcome. I am extremely greatful.

I will never be perfect and never will my H be or Our M; however, we are living and growing and moving forward.

I hope your all hanging in there and doing well.
TTYL,
TIGGER

job Offline
Tipper,
What a wonderful surprise. I'm so glad you posted and update and congratulations on 12 years of marriage.

You most definitely are one of the lucky ones. I'm so glad you posted today. We have a number of posters who may be in the same type of situation that you were in a long time ago and your posting will give them hope and the strength not to give up.

Thank you for coming back and posting an update.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2315790 01/18/13 04:51 PM
T
T
Yes, thank you!

smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

R
R
Hi Tipper!

I so needed your encouraging posting today! I am so tempted to just give up. Today the temptation was overwhelming!

I will review once again your "piecing pointers" and look over your thread.

I CAN go on another day, maybe another week, another month...

Thanks so much!

rH

Me54/H47
'08 H is "done"
March '12 H moved out
Brink of D, December '12
2014 totally reconciled!
"I firmly believe in the...absolute possibility of marriage renewal."
Jim Conway
L
L
Tipper,

You're just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for checking in. My H and I have struggled with his alcoholism for the last thirty years and I'm tired of this disease. But, I feel hopeful reading your post. I know I'm a better, stronger, happier person than I was when we married. Taking one day at a time.

Thanks again,

Heather

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
N
N
omg - i second tipper-

today, not seeing anything in front of me in particular. well- long life without much to look forward to- and then-

ta da - this hopeful little message from out there in the land of success- something to aspire to-

one more day, one more nite, etc.

thanks

nero #2315974 01/19/13 03:39 AM
R
R
When I first started reading on MLC, I was encouraged. Here's the pattern, here's the end result. It's gonna suck for a bit, but in the end you get a shiny new husband, an even better model than the one who left. Then I started reading real stories and learned, no that's not the case. And actually it seems like that is rarely the case. It's very easy to get discouraged. I've just had to change my perspective. Work for plan B and if plan A comes through, that's the best thing that could happen and I'll be ready for it. But if it doesn't, plan B is all cued up to roll. It's nice to hear that things are going so well for you. It does give me hope.

M38,H39
M:16Y
BD:8/12
OWDB:11/12
S:11/12-5/13
"Temp" home:6/13
OW dropped:9/13
"I love you":12/13
H ring on:2/14
Depression back:5/15
"I'm done:" 7/15
H moved out: 3/16
H moved back: 12/16
Working on us: 3/17
Raine #2316054 01/19/13 03:55 PM
S
S
Tipper I am sooooo at the end of my rope -- I thank you for posting this --

smile

If someone decides there is no goodness in you they won't be able to see it.
I'll take a BLT over a MLC anyday !!!

P
P
awesome!
so happy everything worked out with your h
peace

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis