Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
B
OP Offline
B
And thanks Heartbroke sorry I forgot to add your name in my post above... And you are right I am obviously stubborn lol... It is about time I use that to my advantage and plow ahead! :-) I'm going to catch up on your sitch and hope everything is going great for you and you have a great weekend!

me 38
W 30
T 3
M in 05/2010
Separated 08/2011
Stephchildren (all hers) SS17, SS12, SD8
I filed 8/27, she countered I filed response 9/5
Anxiously waiting on the judge!
D
D
I think that anger is a symptom of being hurt. You've obviously been hurt tremendously here. We all have/were. It's understandable. But, we are in control of how we react and deal with that hurt.

If you can learn how to do that from this experience, you will walk away from it a better man. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

M 43
T 13
W moves out of home 11/2010
Roller coaster from hell 2/2011-5/2012
I request divorce 5/2012
W moves home 6/2012
Good time 7/2012 - 1/2015
I leave 3/2016
process of divorce
J
J
Originally Posted By: Denver_2010
Unless you figure this anger out, your name here on DB is going to continue to be very appropriate.

The anger will consume you as long as you let it.

Listen, I can understand the anger from how YOU describe the situation. But, even as YOU describe it, I think that it's important to remember a few points:

1) You married this woman. I don't know her at all. But the way that you describe her is not positive. Yet you married her. Your choice.

2) You helped her buy a BMW that you are not complaining about. Again, your choice.

3) You signed the separation agreement. You say that you were manipulated, yet, again, your choice to sign.

You keep making all of these choices for your life. When they don't go the way that you want them to, you look to blame someone else. Why do you keep making poor decisions? Maybe that's what you should be looking at right now.

We all make our own destiny Broken... the choices that we make, create the path that we travel.

Time to start making a different path for your life man.

You should think of printing this up and putting it some place you see it daily.

We all should.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Originally Posted By: Broken74
Thanks Denver, you're right man... I've had a very rough week and had a significant backslide. She really hadn't used the word "divorce" over the months, and the fact that she shot down getting together with SS and then following up with her statements sent me in a tailspin.

we get that you were disappointed. But you let it send you in a tailspin. You reacted poorly. Good point...so you LEARNED to "DO" it a different way next time, right?

You've done that "tailspin" thing before, and you recognized it. But then you do it, again. I think basic behavioral discipline is in order asap.

At least I haven't contacted her to discuss anything further, she called me last night but didn't leave a message so I don't know what she wanted.

After thinking the past couple of days and reading about forgiveness, the only way I am going to get past this is to let it all go.

This^^ is crystal clear to all of us. Now, YOU see it too. So, do it. No more excuses or moment to moment analysis. Just LET IT GO...

that's why the marriage vows say "from this day forward". The vows mean you are letting go of the past. Do you hg=

of the problem is that I had optimism that things were going to work out in the end.

No that wasn't a problem.. Your Expectations? Sure...

but your hope for a recon, is NOT the cause or "part of the problem" of you losing your temper and reverting back to anger so fast.

That reverting to anger so quickly- Is simply a well worn pattern of behavior of yours. It has probably cost you at least one marriage, if not more.

The more I logically think about it and remove emotion from the equation, the more I see that I will better off going our separate ways.

Very hard for me to say one way or the other b/c your emotions are probably what brought you together. Plus you have a bruised ego that gets in your way a lot.

I do hope you'll attend that workshop or see a great IC and go often.

Not b/c you are "so unheahthy", but b/c you swing back and forth too much from extreme to the other, and I don't see a weekly session doing it for you.

Hence the request for a workshop, which is actually more hours of therapy in one long weekend, than most people get in 2 years time..

You're right on the root cause too. Nobody put a gun to my head to marry this woman. I knew it was going to be challenging taking on the responsibility of 3 kids. I didn't handle it well and hence everything broke down.

So, what would you do differently if you could do it all over again?

I sure hope you have an answer to THAT question, before you get involved again, with her or OW...

I'm trying to frame it like a business decision gone bad or a bad investment. I took a financial hit based on bad decision making, it [censored] but life will go on.

I was very angry, I am ok now, and I know I am going to be great in the future.

I sure hope that you are ok now, and not going to angry tomorrow, or tonight or next week...just try to learn to "BE ALRIGHT W/YOUR LIFE NOW..." as it is. IF you could do just that

you'd be miles ahead of what you are right now.

My next move is to figure out my living arrangements for the new year. One of my buddies took me in as a roommate since around the holidays it looked like things make a positive turn so I didn't want to set something up permanent.

So, in effect, You let your hopes of a recon, paralyze you...??

See, I don't get that.
If anything, NOT moving forward may have made you look as if you were waiting for her and NOT GAL,

and or, that you were still trying to control the outcome, manipulating and NOT GAL b/c it was all a tactic you were using to "win"....

You never did say what you thought about that letter from a WAW to her h. I posted it here to you, bc I imagined your w felt some, or all, of the things that the WAW felt towards her h, the sel felt.

Any thoughts on that letter now?

I'm looking forward to getting my own place and rebuilding, I have a knack for setting up a nice bachelor pad. My house is rented until March of next year, hopefully I'll be able to sell it soon thereafter...

As you said a lot of my backslide had to do with my pride and ego as well. I agree her current decisions and actions have nothing to do with me. Only she knows her true motivation for leaving me

and that's no longer my concern since what's done is done.

Not to quibble here^^, b/c i agree that her motivation is NOT your concern; jsut the facts....

but I SO hope you'll do some real soul searching inwardly here....b/c the more you learn about yourself and the better man you become when all this is said and done, the better man you'll become..

The best insurance against a repeat of this type of problem, is that...being the best man YOU can become.

My bad decision making is the root cause of all of this.

So you begin here^^ here with what APPEARS to be a genuine insight...

but then you veer downward with thinly veiled pseudo "insights" in which
you really do blame her, still, after all that happened.

B/c when it gets right down to it, her choice of OM makes all that you did before, meaningless to YOU b/c your ego is so wounded.

By her seeing another man before the legalities were done--(the same legalities that did not stop you from seeing her while your prior m was not legally finished too...correct? )

Your ego gets hurt b/c of OM and THEN it becomes all about what SHE did and how you made mistakes like loving her too much (or words to that effect.)

that's NOT OWNING your choices OR LEARNING FROM THEM

THAT'S NOT OWNING your behavior --OR LEARNING TO CHANGE IT;

that's explaining and excusing them.

Marrying her was a mistake,

same exact mistake you claimed to have made with your first wife...

interesting...and NOT DIGGING DEEP at all...instead, you reached for the easiest reason of all - "SHE"S NOT FOR ME"

and it's the one choice that lets you off the hook for having to change.
[u][/u]Interesting pattern emerging...

trying to get her back by putting her in her dream car was a mistake.

No offense, seriously, but I'm almost laughing at this one...really? What does this mean? It's almost as if you are saying Being "too generous" was a mistake, but we know better....

How come all your "LOVING ACTS" are about spending money? (Please don't make HER love language the reason for your actions...)

THAT Purchase was classic Broken behavior...

you mistreated her, so she wanted out, so you feared losing her.

Rather than changing YOU-you BOUGHT HER SOMETHING...

I really did have to sign the separation agreement for fear of further legal problems, but again it was my stupid decision to contact her in the face of a legal order that put me in that position.

didn't You put yourself in that position? The paper doesn't exist in a vacuum. You "confronted" OM and it backfired.

Learn anything from this?

How do you think SHE would describe that event? What did she glean from it? Did it move you towards ao apr believe from this experience?

I have fully owned up to my shortcomings in the marriage and their effect on getting me here. You've helped me own up to my problematic decision making, something I certainly need to work on.

not sure what this^^ means. GUess time will tell, and we'll leave it at that.

I married her in the face of concerns about doing so from my family and friends who care about me, that was also a bad decision.

ah, so, it's picking the wrong woman, which is more or less HER being wrong and you not seeing it sooner? THAT is your "mistake"?

Does this feel like "fully owning" your mistakes to you?

I'm not going to lead with my heart anymore, if I had led with my brain instead I also would not be here. The bottom line really is that I made my bed, and now I'm laying in it.

well it seems your marriage is ending, and according to you, there will be some financial hits. Nothing fatal, financially speaking and you're both healthy physically too. And there are No kids in the family of this m, So on the whole, it could be a whole lot worse, as you know.

It is time for me to start blazing a new path, and I'm looking forward to it.

Good. Sounds like a plan.

I'm working on acceptance and forgiveness and living in the moment for now.

This will be your most challenging task and the hardest aspect to all of this.

And it will take time

b/c it's a learned skill. We are evidently not born with it but some find it a lot harder than others.

Forgiveness, acceptance, both Take a lot of practice-- and commitment on your end.

Note, it's ALL on your end. Has nothing to do w/her or whether she "deserves" it b/c

not forgiving, NOT letting go, NOT learning from your mistakes and NOT owning them=

got you here.

So you'll find yourself in a similar place in 5 years if you do not figure this stuff out SOON...see, really, the anger costs YOU- far far more than it costs anyone else.

Weekend trip with some friends, golf home next weekend the a Pinehurst trip the week after followed by a week of vacation. I count my blessings everyday, this sitch has been my Achilles heel for the last year and I am ready to let it go.

that is good to hear. Really!

Thanks again for the kick in pants Denver, I needed it after my blathering from earlier this week... 25 if you see this I am calmed down now you know I have the tendency to get a bit flustered :-)

"flustered"?

Hmmm. I don't mean this as a 2 x 4, (or maybe I do and maybe I am not being honest here. I'll ponder that...I To ME, you seem to begin w/flustered and then you quietly but quickly slide over & you get FURIOUS and all wound up.

If you ACT half as angry as you sound, here, I can see that you need to stay in those anger mgt classes.

As a mother, I can only speak to my fears that the mere possibility of harm to my kids,

guarantees me to be on high alert and "MEGA VIGILANT" and paranoid

Time for a new lease on life with a new outlook and a new thread. Everyone have a good weekend and good luck in your respective sitch's!

Keep at it Broken. You have a long road ahead of you, TO CHANGE...you have a lot of support if you'll hear it and heed it.

((( )))

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks Denver, Jack3Beans, and 25 I am taking all of your sentiments to heart. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt I am truly done, if she started begging me back tomorrow I would be in no way interested. I am working on letting it all go and forgiveness, and working on my reactions and not being angry going forward.

Denver you are right my last bout of anger was driven by hurt. I am working on my reactions to being hurt, but I don't think there's a lot that she can hurt me with going forward. I am done. I have learned a tremendous amount from this and it certainly has forced me to become a better and stronger man. I am happy this is practically over, am happy and looking forward to the future.

Jack3 you're right, very printable and I have it posted! :-)

25, thanks as always for your deep diving insight.

I did let her statements and my reaction to them send me down a bad path. Those days are over because I truly don't care anymore. I am going to be much better off without her in her my life. When I have been looking back I have been viewing through rose colored glasses. There were multiple times when I would be cutting the grass or doing other things where I would be thinking to myself "why am I here". The R/Marriage ostracized me from my friends and things I liked to do, and funneled my every energy and dollar into her and my SK's. The fact that I have reached a finish line in this R is going to help my reactions going forward. I am really an even keel easy to get along with person 25, the finding out about the affair is what started everything down ridiculous street.

As far as forgiveness is concerned, I am working on that daily. She has significant problems in her life. I knew about these prior to deciding to marry her. Her Mom got married for the 8th time last Saturday. She has 3 children by two different men (two out of wedlock)and was previously divorced. She was bankrupt when I met her and I started "saving" her financially more or less immediately. All of these are huge red flags. Despite all logic I let my heart and groin override my brain and I made the decision to marry into this situation, despite the concerns of everyone close to me. The only decision I can regret any more is my acting on my first wife's "toungue in cheek" statement. I am letting go from this day forward. It is clear I am not going to be allowed a R with my SK's, I wish them all the best in the world and started them down the road toward their college educations should they choose to do that. That is unless she closes the accounts and pockets the money which wouldn't surprise me. I wish the best for my stepkids but can't say I'm concerned with what happens to her, life and karma will have significant lessons for her I think.

I got angry because I was hurt. Based on the exchanges over the past few days I am over it. I will elaborate on this exchanges in my new thread. I am reviewing workshops and continue to see my IC, my R and marriage to this woman and the associated issues therein are what threw me so far off center. With her and her associated behavior out of my life for good I am well on my way to being just fine.

If I could do it all over again I wouldn't have married her. If I could do it all again and was married to her, I would not do everything under the sun and overextend myself to make her and her kids happy. My "nice guy" tendencies got the best of me. Instead of investing emotional energy into her and the kids I invested financial energy. That eventually fueled resentment and I believe was the catalyst for my verbal abuse. I am looking forward to being a father figure in the future, that is one of the most valuable things I have learned from this experience that I did not know about myself before. Obviously I would not verbally abuse her or abuse alcohol either, both of those vices have been purged from my life.

I am all good now in the face of the behavior and statements she has made to me lately. Things are like water off a ducks back now. I made a horrendous investment and took a significant financial loss. I'm not the first and I'm not the last who will go through this. I am actually coming out quite easy based on stories I have heard from other men. I thank God that we didn't have any kids together and that the separation agreement states no alimony. And I AM GREAT WITH LIFE RIGHT NOW :-)... The fact that I have hit a decision point and am no longer in limbo has lifted my mood significantly. She was keeping things tolerable over the separation period to see what else I would be willing to donate to her, then with a month left she once again shows her true colors. I am greatly looking forward to putting pen to paper on August 27th now.

I didn't want to sign a long term lease because toward the end of last year before I started DB'ng it seemed like it was highly likely we were going to reconcile. After February we weren't communicating enough for her to have any idea as to what I was doing, she was too busy building her relationship with Dr. Love whom now come to find out from her mouth has two Million dollar homes in Raleigh. Does anybody else see what's going on here? lol I have read that letter multiple times but haven't really spoke to it, I will read it again and reply in my new thread. It is obvious that my W has persued the person she chose for further financial gain, there is effectively evidence for this that I may or may not elaborate on in my new thread because I really don't care anymore. He can have her. If he is as a smart of a man as he is a scientist he'd better damn well protect himself, but he won't be getting any pointers from me.

I am concentrating on being the best man that I can be everyday... The fact I have reached the end of the road and hold no more hope and FINALLY allowed my brain to take precedence over my feelings has helped me tremendously, as have ALL OF YOU GUYS WHO I GENUINELY THANK FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

I am putting a lot of thought into why it is I do the things that I do in terms of decision making (will elaborate more in new thread). When I look at this as a flowchart, I am really to blame. Had I stuck to my "what I am looking for in a woman list" and never dated her this would have never happened. Had I not cheated on her while we were dating, none of this would have ever happened. If I would have taken my lumps at that time instead of asking her to marry me none of this would have happened. If I wouldn't have married her none of this would have happened. The list goes on and on. It wouldn't surprise me that everything after my infidelity while we dated that she did, was done out of spite. The way that I see her mind works she probably felt entitled to the decisions she made. Just looking back doesn't matter now, what's done is done. Going forward I am NOT GOING TO SETTLE ANYMORE. I settled for my 1st W, I settled for my 2nd W. I will not settle again, I will live and die alone before I settle again. I am not going to settle for anything in my life anymore.

I have changed 25, in a conversation I had with her on Friday W says she's known I've changed and will make a great H for another woman, but that she isn't willing to risk that on the basis of what she has with her affair partner. That's the Doctor with two million dollar homes and an adopted daughter from apparently an abusive home. He is probably honestly perfect for her. Enough money to throw around not to get stressed about supporting three kids since their deadbeat fathers won't do it, and he has the proven experience of parenting and "step to the plate" gumption that is probably exactly what she's looking for. She's been looking for a father figure more than a husband she just never would say that. More power to him, I wish him the best of luck although I have a feeling when he gets a whiff of reality he will be running for the hills as I should have done a couple of years ago.

Regarding the car that was just another stupid decision point blank, for any reason given where we were at the time. I drove the car at work today, and am going to see what I can get for it this evening. For the record IMHO BMW's are pieces of crap if anyone is considering one drive a Lexus first, there is no comparison...

Based on the ill-advised manner that I tried to "protect/save" my marriage I did put myself in that position. That decision cost me well over 40k. I've gleaned for it that marriage isn't any more valuable than the paper it's printed on. It's a social contract that will %*#& any man associated with it despite his W behavior if you live in my state. I've learned that just because you marry somebody it does not mean that they will honor their commitments. I have been on both sides of this although my 1st W told me via her own mouth to find another woman. I did this in spite and regret behaving that way to this day. It will take an EXTREMELY special woman who meets a stringent list of criteria for me to consider getting married again. As I've said my mentality has changed in that I would like to be a father in the future, so given the above I still hope to find a compatible woman to marry one day.

I have made many mistakes 25, I have voiced them and atoned in the best way I could for them all. Those actions didn't matter or have any effect. I will never be unfaithful to any woman I am emotionally invested in again. I will never say another pointed word to a woman I care about again. I will try not put myself in a position of stress that will cause me to harbor resentment to someone I love. I will not use my socioeconomic status to draw women or to "woo" them in the future. I will not settle. I'm not sure what else you want me to say. I've made many mistakes, I know I'll make many more, but I won't be making the ones that put me in this position again.

You are right 25, I am really getting off easy here. 40k one time hit and whatever I may or may not lose on the house. No alimony and no kids involved. It's BS but it's really a bump in the road and ripping off a band aid. I honestly feel quite stupid about being such a tool about this for the past year. If I could go back and do it again I should have told her congratulations on your new man, please get out of my house, I am divorcing you, and severed all ties with her the day I found out about the affair. That would have avoided all of the emotional turmoil and legal nonsense I have endured. This would have also led to our splitting the marital debt and minimized my financial hit.

My working on acceptance and forgiveness are my upmost priority. I can see it is going to take time and practice, and I realize it has nothing to do with her. I made my bed, I've laid in it, but I'm getting up now.

I have certainly exhibited anger problems during this sitch. I will say it is much easier to get "angry" on an internet message board than it is to blow up in real life. I was obviously angry when I had pent up resentment and verbally abused my wife. I was obviously angry and for good reason when I found out about my W affair while she was setting me up financially. Everyone who knows me personally will attest to my calm and pleasant demeanor, I should have handled the finding out about my W affair. "Wow that's kind of messed up, I hope he makes you happy. Please be out of my house by end of day tomorrow and prepare yourself to take on half of the marital debt. I wish you and the kids the best of luck and happiness in the future, please leave the house and car keys under the mat." Hindsight is certainly 20/20. The only way I harmed anyone was by running my mouth. I had custody of two of my three stepkids the day I found out about the affair and the night before she filed for a restraining order because my actions made the OM dump her at the time. The only thing she ever had to fear that her gravy train was leaving town, and it is long gone now. Perhaps the OM will propose to her and they live happily ever after, or perhaps he proposes to her and she runs him into the ground, or perhaps he dumps her tomorrow and she begs for me back. Either way my reaction will be the same, I honestly don't care anymore.

I'm doing me and I am very much looking forward to it. Anybody in the RTP area of NC in the market for a 2008 BMW 328i per chance? That's the current order of business lol

Thanks again to all of you for your feedback and support of this ordeal. I wish I could meet each and every one of you and give you a hug. I'll be starting a new thread to detail the closing interactions and divorce closeout and to keep myself honest. Good luck to all of you in your respective sitch's, whichever way the pendulum swings everyone is going to be just fine!

me 38
W 30
T 3
M in 05/2010
Separated 08/2011
B
OP Offline
B
I'm actually going to 2x4 myself...

"I wish the best for my stepkids but can't say I'm concerned with what happens to her, life and karma will have significant lessons for her I think."

Think I still need to work on forgiveness? Forgiveness 101 perhaps... T-minus 26 days until August 27th :-)

me 38
W 30
T 3
M in 05/2010
Separated 08/2011
D
D
Thanks Denver, Jack3Beans, and 25 I am taking all of your sentiments to heart. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt I am truly done, if she started begging me back tomorrow I would be in no way interested. I am working on letting it all go and forgiveness, and working on my reactions and not being angry going forward.

Denver you are right my last bout of anger was driven by hurt. I am working on my reactions to being hurt, but I don't think there's a lot that she can hurt me with going forward. I am done. I have learned a tremendous amount from this and it certainly has forced me to become a better and stronger man. I am happy this is practically over, am happy and looking forward to the future.

Jack3 you're right, very printable and I have it posted! :-)

25, thanks as always for your deep diving insight.

I did let her statements and my reaction to them send me down a bad path. Those days are over because I truly don't care anymore. I am going to be much better off without her in her my life. When I have been looking back I have been viewing through rose colored glasses. There were multiple times when I would be cutting the grass or doing other things where I would be thinking to myself "why am I here". The R/Marriage ostracized me from my friends and things I liked to do, and funneled my every energy and dollar into her and my SK's. The fact that I have reached a finish line in this R is going to help my reactions going forward. I am really an even keel easy to get along with person 25, the finding out about the affair is what started everything down ridiculous street.

As far as forgiveness is concerned, I am working on that daily. She has significant problems in her life. I knew about these prior to deciding to marry her. Her Mom got married for the 8th time last Saturday. She has 3 children by two different men (two out of wedlock)and was previously divorced. She was bankrupt when I met her and I started "saving" her financially more or less immediately. All of these are huge red flags. Despite all logic I let my heart and groin override my brain and I made the decision to marry into this situation, despite the concerns of everyone close to me. The only decision I can regret any more is my acting on my first wife's "toungue in cheek" statement. I am letting go from this day forward. It is clear I am not going to be allowed a R with my SK's, I wish them all the best in the world and started them down the road toward their college educations should they choose to do that. That is unless she closes the accounts and pockets the money which wouldn't surprise me. I wish the best for my stepkids but can't say I'm concerned with what happens to her, life and karma will have significant lessons for her I think.

I got angry because I was hurt. Based on the exchanges over the past few days I am over it. I will elaborate on this exchanges in my new thread. I am reviewing workshops and continue to see my IC, my R and marriage to this woman and the associated issues therein are what threw me so far off center. With her and her associated behavior out of my life for good I am well on my way to being just fine.

If I could do it all over again I wouldn't have married her. If I could do it all again and was married to her, I would not do everything under the sun and overextend myself to make her and her kids happy. My "nice guy" tendencies got the best of me. Instead of investing emotional energy into her and the kids I invested financial energy. That eventually fueled resentment and I believe was the catalyst for my verbal abuse. I am looking forward to being a father figure in the future, that is one of the most valuable things I have learned from this experience that I did not know about myself before. Obviously I would not verbally abuse her or abuse alcohol either, both of those vices have been purged from my life.

I am all good now in the face of the behavior and statements she has made to me lately. Things are like water off a ducks back now. I made a horrendous investment and took a significant financial loss. I'm not the first and I'm not the last who will go through this. I am actually coming out quite easy based on stories I have heard from other men. I thank God that we didn't have any kids together and that the separation agreement states no alimony. And I AM GREAT WITH LIFE RIGHT NOW :-)... The fact that I have hit a decision point and am no longer in limbo has lifted my mood significantly. She was keeping things tolerable over the separation period to see what else I would be willing to donate to her, then with a month left she once again shows her true colors. I am greatly looking forward to putting pen to paper on August 27th now.

I didn't want to sign a long term lease because toward the end of last year before I started DB'ng it seemed like it was highly likely we were going to reconcile. After February we weren't communicating enough for her to have any idea as to what I was doing, she was too busy building her relationship with Dr. Love whom now come to find out from her mouth has two Million dollar homes in Raleigh. Does anybody else see what's going on here? lol I have read that letter multiple times but haven't really spoke to it, I will read it again and reply in my new thread. It is obvious that my W has persued the person she chose for further financial gain, there is effectively evidence for this that I may or may not elaborate on in my new thread because I really don't care anymore. He can have her. If he is as a smart of a man as he is a scientist he'd better damn well protect himself, but he won't be getting any pointers from me.

I am concentrating on being the best man that I can be everyday... The fact I have reached the end of the road and hold no more hope and FINALLY allowed my brain to take precedence over my feelings has helped me tremendously, as have ALL OF YOU GUYS WHO I GENUINELY THANK FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

I am putting a lot of thought into why it is I do the things that I do in terms of decision making (will elaborate more in new thread). When I look at this as a flowchart, I am really to blame. Had I stuck to my "what I am looking for in a woman list" and never dated her this would have never happened. Had I not cheated on her while we were dating, none of this would have ever happened. If I would have taken my lumps at that time instead of asking her to marry me none of this would have happened. If I wouldn't have married her none of this would have happened. The list goes on and on. It wouldn't surprise me that everything after my infidelity while we dated that she did, was done out of spite. The way that I see her mind works she probably felt entitled to the decisions she made. Just looking back doesn't matter now, what's done is done. Going forward I am NOT GOING TO SETTLE ANYMORE. I settled for my 1st W, I settled for my 2nd W. I will not settle again, I will live and die alone before I settle again. I am not going to settle for anything in my life anymore.

I have changed 25, in a conversation I had with her on Friday W says she's known I've changed and will make a great H for another woman, but that she isn't willing to risk that on the basis of what she has with her affair partner. That's the Doctor with two million dollar homes and an adopted daughter from apparently an abusive home. He is probably honestly perfect for her. Enough money to throw around not to get stressed about supporting three kids since their deadbeat fathers won't do it, and he has the proven experience of parenting and "step to the plate" gumption that is probably exactly what she's looking for. She's been looking for a father figure more than a husband she just never would say that. More power to him, I wish him the best of luck although I have a feeling when he gets a whiff of reality he will be running for the hills as I should have done a couple of years ago.

Regarding the car that was just another stupid decision point blank, for any reason given where we were at the time. I drove the car at work today, and am going to see what I can get for it this evening. For the record IMHO BMW's are pieces of crap if anyone is considering one drive a Lexus first, there is no comparison...

Based on the ill-advised manner that I tried to "protect/save" my marriage I did put myself in that position. That decision cost me well over 40k. I've gleaned for it that marriage isn't any more valuable than the paper it's printed on. It's a social contract that will %*#& any man associated with it despite his W behavior if you live in my state. I've learned that just because you marry somebody it does not mean that they will honor their commitments. I have been on both sides of this although my 1st W told me via her own mouth to find another woman. I did this in spite and regret behaving that way to this day. It will take an EXTREMELY special woman who meets a stringent list of criteria for me to consider getting married again. As I've said my mentality has changed in that I would like to be a father in the future, so given the above I still hope to find a compatible woman to marry one day.

I have made many mistakes 25, I have voiced them and atoned in the best way I could for them all. Those actions didn't matter or have any effect. I will never be unfaithful to any woman I am emotionally invested in again. I will never say another pointed word to a woman I care about again. I will try not put myself in a position of stress that will cause me to harbor resentment to someone I love. I will not use my socioeconomic status to draw women or to "woo" them in the future. I will not settle. I'm not sure what else you want me to say. I've made many mistakes, I know I'll make many more, but I won't be making the ones that put me in this position again.

You are right 25, I am really getting off easy here. 40k one time hit and whatever I may or may not lose on the house. No alimony and no kids involved. It's BS but it's really a bump in the road and ripping off a band aid. I honestly feel quite stupid about being such a tool about this for the past year. If I could go back and do it again I should have told her congratulations on your new man, please get out of my house, I am divorcing you, and severed all ties with her the day I found out about the affair. That would have avoided all of the emotional turmoil and legal nonsense I have endured. This would have also led to our splitting the marital debt and minimized my financial hit.

My working on acceptance and forgiveness are my upmost priority. I can see it is going to take time and practice, and I realize it has nothing to do with her. I made my bed, I've laid in it, but I'm getting up now.

I have certainly exhibited anger problems during this sitch. I will say it is much easier to get "angry" on an internet message board than it is to blow up in real life. I was obviously angry when I had pent up resentment and verbally abused my wife. I was obviously angry and for good reason when I found out about my W affair while she was setting me up financially. Everyone who knows me personally will attest to my calm and pleasant demeanor, I should have handled the finding out about my W affair. "Wow that's kind of messed up, I hope he makes you happy. Please be out of my house by end of day tomorrow and prepare yourself to take on half of the marital debt. I wish you and the kids the best of luck and happiness in the future, please leave the house and car keys under the mat." Hindsight is certainly 20/20. The only way I harmed anyone was by running my mouth. I had custody of two of my three stepkids the day I found out about the affair and the night before she filed for a restraining order because my actions made the OM dump her at the time. The only thing she ever had to fear that her gravy train was leaving town, and it is long gone now. Perhaps the OM will propose to her and they live happily ever after, or perhaps he proposes to her and she runs him into the ground, or perhaps he dumps her tomorrow and she begs for me back. Either way my reaction will be the same, I honestly don't care anymore.

I'm doing me and I am very much looking forward to it. Anybody in the RTP area of NC in the market for a 2008 BMW 328i per chance? That's the current order of business lol

Thanks again to all of you for your feedback and support of this ordeal. I wish I could meet each and every one of you and give you a hug. I'll be starting a new thread to detail the closing interactions and divorce closeout and to keep myself honest. Good luck to all of you in your respective sitch's, whichever way the pendulum swings everyone is going to be just fine!

Sounds like you are getting it Broken. I think that the key for you right now is to keep focusing on your role in all of this. Your decisions, your behavior, etc. From what I read, it is clear that your W is no saint here. But it is not your job to teach her a lesson, punish her, or make her see the light. Life will teach that to her, just as it is doing with you. Focus on that... YOU. That's all that you have control of.

BTW, I agree... Lexus blows BMW out of the water! wink

M 43
T 13
W moves out of home 11/2010
Roller coaster from hell 2/2011-5/2012
I request divorce 5/2012
W moves home 6/2012
Good time 7/2012 - 1/2015
I leave 3/2016
process of divorce
~
~
Originally Posted By: Denver_2010
BTW, I agree... Lexus blows BMW out of the water! wink

ummm...

no...

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks Denver and KD!

Denver you're right man... Now that I'm at a fork in the road I think I do have it... I'm enjoying my life, trying to work on forgiveness to her, and being the best man I can be. I have ladies pursuing me from multiple angles but I'm not going that route yet. I still get pissed when I think back on the sitch, but then I think of much worse it could have been... I've definitely learned that if someone wants to get over on you and you are too trusting then it most certainly will happen. That will never happen to me again for sure.

Kaffe,

I'll admit for aggressive driving the BMW handles better, but it certainly isn't the yacht like ride of a Lexus that I have grown to enjoy. Like the Coke/Pepsi argument to each their own right? ;-) Hopefully I can get the car moved by the end of the month...

Thanks as always for you guys feedback and hope all is well with you.

Here is a link to my current thread for future DB's reference from this one:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2269712#Post2269712

me 38
W 30
T 3
M in 05/2010
Separated 08/2011
D
D
Thanks Denver and KD!

Denver you're right man... Now that I'm at a fork in the road I think I do have it... I'm enjoying my life, trying to work on forgiveness to her, and being the best man I can be. I have ladies pursuing me from multiple angles but I'm not going that route yet. I still get pissed when I think back on the sitch, but then I think of much worse it could have been... I've definitely learned that if someone wants to get over on you and you are too trusting then it most certainly will happen. That will never happen to me again for sure.

Kaffe,

I'll admit for aggressive driving the BMW handles better, but it certainly isn't the yacht like ride of a Lexus that I have grown to enjoy. Like the Coke/Pepsi argument to each their own right? ;-) Hopefully I can get the car moved by the end of the month...

Thanks as always for you guys feedback and hope all is well with you.

Here is a link to my current thread for future DB's reference from this one:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2269712#Post2269712

If someone wants to get over on you, they will. You learned by db-ing that you can't stop them, but you can let them go.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard