Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
OP Offline
ok folks...I've given it some thought and since h did make the statemen "look LL, I'm committed to trying to make this work" I should accept the fact that he is trying... despite the fact that the words did not come accross in a tone that I may have expected or wanted to hear them...he said them never the less...and more importantly has been acting (this week) like he is trying.

so then if h is trying to or rather is committed to trying to make this work..what purpose would it serve me to meet with a lawyer at this time..seems a bit ironic for me to meet with a lawyer one day to discuss ending the r...when h is to meet with my c the next day to discuss finding a way to make the r work.

I will postpone...I will not pick a timeline..a deadline..a "if you don't feel 100% sure I'm the woman for you" by such and such a time...

am I removing the threat?? was it a threat?? was it an act of a desperate woman...longing to know if her h is commited to her or not??? I don't know...but for now it will be put on hold...I don't want to attempt to repair this r under the threat of d anymore than h does.

my calling the lawyer for whatever reasons I did...seems to have made a difference in both h and I.

will things be easier simply because h is open to talking to my c at least once?? don't think so...will h all of a sudden be open and honest and want to "talk" whenever I do? not likely...but at least h is open to doing something other than just being here.

I have hope...I hope that h does too...I'd like to think that the fact that he is willing to go to c and seems to have some empathy for my postition shows that he does too.

time will tell.

LL
honestly wish I knew how to link up all my drama into one place so that those who wish to understand the journey might simply click and read...I never did learn to link despite my many attempts and I know theres an awful lot of it out there (like some 8 threads at least) any willing soul able to do it I would greatly appreciate it.

some titles are

he can now say he wants a d
silly monkee
letting go it's what he wants
the battle within
the peace within
trying to come home help me keep my mouth shut
have to admit it's getting better
dating while trying to save marriage

(sheesh LL's been a busy girl that's only the one's I come up with off the top of my head)

Yes!!!!!!

Thanks LL you made my day!!!

Kip
since you were one of the first post I ever checked out...I can't link either but someone will. I'd like to check some of those threads out. The titles are great...but first...laundry
Yuck!
Anyway I'm excited for you!

#1?

"Those who don't read, have no advantage over those who can't" Mark Twain
OP Offline
thanks kip...I'd like to think I made h's day too...he called a bit ago just to say hello...and then asked what time I was taking the kids to my moms...I explained to him that I'd postponed the appoinment...didn't make sense for us to be taking steps in opposite directions...thanked him for the call..he said no problem..let him know that I like hearing from him...he again said no problem.

so I still have my mom comming to watch the kids...hmmmm what can LL do for a few hours...hang out in the book store and see if she's still got the nack to get asked out to coffee??? naaaaa! she knows she does...maybe I'll just go browsing the home decor stores?? or shopping for a good set of darts.

LL

ll, things seem to be going in the right direction. you postponing the apt is a show of good faith to your h and i know he is happy about that. it is so hopeful that your h had agreed to c. it took my h 3 yrs to get to the point where he was willing to ask for outside help. and it has made such a differance. just being willing is such a big step. if i had a few hours, i think i would get a massage! but shopping is good too. lisa

LL - very wonderful news! I'm very happy for you and H as well.
Quote:

hang out in the book store and see if she's still got the nack to get asked out to coffee???

I certainly would ask you out. I like living La Vida Mocha, too. Didn't Ricky Martin do a song by that title?

Bob

Great news LL. Lawyer will always be there. Keep us posted. Going to celebrate tonight?

Acorn

KAW Offline
Hi LL,

Been kinda keep away for a while ... think I suffering from BB burnout. Need to see if hangin around here may be keeping me in a certain mindset...

but I had to chime in and return the favor...

I admire you.

No matter what happens, I believe down the road you will feel better about yourself for taking this direction.

'til later,
KAW

LL<

Shop for the new darts and anything else h would like...do they make teddies with snow shovels attached? Or little toy axes? For chopping thru the layers of hurt with hubby? Just have fun LL! He loves you, you love him...no expectations...enjoy...gosh just looking at your thread titles....you & h already are a success story....
I know your not where either of you want to be yet but just to be on the journey with our spouses is a gift in itself....
have fun

KIP

"Those who don't read, have no advantage over those who can't" Mark Twain
Great news about your h willing to keep trying..maybe they need to be shaken up..who knows..work on the things you need to and let the little stuff go. There is always hope when both really want to make a go of the marriage.
Sue

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard