Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP Offline
VENT......
Happy freakin Mother's Day to me. Movie starts in 25 min, u haven't bought tickets, we live 20 min away, and u are still in the shower.

And u wonder why I can't stand doing things with u and why nothing is ever fun, and why I am on the verge of being done.

PS I'm not sure which is worse, that u can't notice my hair is 2 inches shorter and in a different style, or that u openly admit u had to ask your son if my is different

T: 23 M:20
S:17 D:14
Bomb 1: 07/05
Busted: 07
Bomb 2: 07/10
D papers: 11/11

True love doesn't come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly--Jason Jordan
S
S
this means a lot to you...your haircut and him noticing?

M:63
H:53
S:41, SS:28, SS:25, SD:23
M:15
T:16

Bomb:12/17/11, "I think we should go our separate ways."
H moves to his mother's house, 4/1/12
12/21/12: H moves back home, piecing

P
P
I divorced in 2005 and reconciled and now going through again. I feel what you are going through. By the way, I am Dbing for me, to be a better me, not to try to win her back. I left her.

OP Offline
scared....not so much. My H is actually the one who cares if I notice things... if he cleaned the counter, or vacuumed, or whatever- god forbid I didn't walk over hot coals to thank him 5 different ways til Sunday.

It's the hypocrisy of it all that upsets me to no end. I don't cut my hair or style it for him, I do it for me. He says he notices everything.... yet a major change of my hair goes unnoticed forever.

Here's the kicker.... Friday night, our family conversation went like this...

S17: your banjo private will be here on Sat at 12:00 instead of sunday since it's Mother's day. I have a hair appointment at 1:30, so it can't go over the hour this time.

(S then added that he had art festival on Wed)

D14: you have a cello lesson monday after school, and orchestra audition on Wed at 4:30, I'm leaving work early. No skipping gym, and we'll leave for Fresno on Friday for regionals. And make sure you have a pick up on Thursday since I have study group.

--

we do this every Sunday to make sure everyone's weekly stuff is in my phone and we're all on the same page and there are no last minute "I need to be here" surprises. And we write them on the calendar.

Even knowing I had a hair appointment, he still couldn't notice.

And it's not in my personality to be all "Look at me, look what I did, do you like???" (insert best valley girl tone and flip of the hair) ick. I cringe.

True love doesn't come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly--Jason Jordan
OP Offline
par-

thanks. smile

we made the movie with 1 minute to spare, H asked if we wanted drinks and popcorn, I said no thanks. He asked, no soda? I said no. He bought me a soda anyway.

Nothing like having your answer totally discounted.

(and of course it happens with more than just this soda) frown

B
B
ok wait.. women who read romance novels get 3x more sex??? but if i'm getting 0.. and i read romance novels. 3x0.. still equals.. zero. frown for me!!! lol.

so you made the movie.. did you manage to enjoy it? is your hair normally long? i had my hair recently cut. if i had cut 2 inches off.. you wouldn't be able to tell at all since it was so long. but.. i chopped off a good 6-9 inches i think. plus it's a different colour! H did say it looked really nice. if he hadn't noticed.. i would have not been impressed. what did you end up seeing???

Me:38.. H:33.
Two beautiful kids S:6 D:3
M:8.. together for 11.
Bomb dropped:10/17/11
Separated:11/07/11
OP Offline
Ya, some study I heard.... apparently it's just for those of us actually having sex before starting to read the smut novel smile

I did enjoy the movie. We saw The Raven. I'm a huge Poe fan (not to mention the hot hunkie John Cusack)

I went to work on Tuesday and my boss who wasn't in on Monday says "cute hair!!" the first time we cross paths.

I guess it boils down to caring enough to take time to remember or notice something. Like asking how your day went at work. I honestly couldn't care any less, but knowing it makes someone feel upbeat because someone is taking time out to ask and listen.... I ask anyway.

Sometimes I think I could die it blue and he wouldn't even notice.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard