Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP Offline
You crack me up!!

We changed the place of our study group tonight, I walked in to my sisters house (where H and family was) .... His first words were "so where'd you guys meet tonight?" I wish I had someone to say "I told you so" to, so i'll say it here. smile. He freakin drove by to see if I was there.

Ah well.

Yes, I have plenty of harlequin romance novels.... The benefit if a Kindle. I've read 5 thus week smile

T: 23 M:20
S:17 D:14
Bomb 1: 07/05
Busted: 07
Bomb 2: 07/10
D papers: 11/11

True love doesn't come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly--Jason Jordan
OP Offline
VENT!!

I went to the kitchen to see what the plan was for dinner. H said he bought a salad at Sam's Club. Cool, I love chicken salad, this one has hard boiled eggs; yum!!

I start scooping it on to the plate.

Then I stop.... it doesn't look like feta cheese, so I read the bottom label. It's blue cheese.

So, I pack up the salad and ask if anyone wants the salad I put on the plate because I can't eat it, and can't get it to fit back in the container. H says what's wrong. I reply it has blue cheese. H asks what's wrong with blue cheese. I reply (calmly despite being ready to blow). I'm allergic to blue cheese. H replies "I didn't know".

OMFG

Am I expecting too much of a man that I have been married to for 20 years and been with for 24 years to know that I am allergic to blue cheese (along with many other foods)?? Is it really too much for him to know what foods will give me hives, close my throat and send me to the ER??

It's not like it's a new thing or anything. I have never eaten it (well since my first reaction years ago), I don't use blue cheese dressing (even "fake"), refuse anything with it, don't eat anything that even smells like it has it in it... And I always say "no thank you, it has blue cheese" or ask "does it have blue cheese?"

This may just be the straw...

True love doesn't come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly--Jason Jordan
F
F
I'd say typical H behavior. Mine only listens to about half what I say and hasn't paid attention to what I do in ages!

Gosh, beginning to wonder why I'm here standing for my M. lol

Me: 42 H: 44
M: 17 1/2 T: 19 1/2
S: 14
D: 10
D: 8
Dog: 16-17 (very old & H's responsibility, live w/ me)
1st Bomb (I need space): 2/3/12
2nd Bomb (ILYBNILWY): 2/11/12
Moved out: 2/12/12
Y
Y
Yep - I getcha!

OP Offline
So I wake up this morning and H's foot is touching mine, then he skootches over and snuggles.

WTF? We've been on opposite sides of the bed for at least 6 months.

Guilt over buying a dinner that could have killed me? Finally getting a clue? Realizing I want a divorce? Horny?

I didn't really respond (as I was still just waking up- I hate waking up), but I didn't pull away or push him away.

Then just now, I'm finishing my application for a new position. They asked for an assessment of the strengths and weakness of the current system. I gave it. If the position is for someone who comes in to IMPROVE and CHANGE the status quo because it's not working, shouldn't the applicant be honest? Do they really want someone to sugarcoat the weaknesses? How effective is that person going to be if they can't even say what needs to be changed and how that should happen?? I wouldn't hire someone who sugarcoated the issues just to not rock a boat that needed rocking (That's why the freakin position is being created!!)

I wasn't mean about the weakness either smile

But then, I have to remember he's only been teaching for 2 years, and apparently he's a politician.

ugh, then he'll say he supports me.

I give up.

F
F
Keep in mind I'm still fairly new here, but whenever my H is nice, I now begin to look at why and what he wants. Luckily for me, H is usually spewing (still) so I don't have to worry about the nice times too much.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is your H could be trying to be nice or trying to get something from you. Only time will tell.

Good luck on the application! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! smile

Me: 42 H: 44
M: 17 1/2 T: 19 1/2
S: 14
D: 10
D: 8
Dog: 16-17 (very old & H's responsibility, live w/ me)
1st Bomb (I need space): 2/3/12
2nd Bomb (ILYBNILWY): 2/11/12
Moved out: 2/12/12
OP Offline
OK so here was my sh...y day.

Field trip- fun, but blech those us rides make me all queezy and pukey for the rest of the day, plus the headache

Didn't get the position. (whatever, found out about how the selection process went, and oh well.) I'm over it already

Text H, mom, dad, and 2 friends the same thing "I didn't get it frown " at noon.

Dad replies (from court): "WTF are they thinking. you've got to be kidding me"
Mom replies (from an environmental meeting): who the He!! did they hire that's more qualified than you?
Friend 1 replies (while teaching): No way, you are freakin kidding me?? I'm so sorry
Friend 2 replies (from a funeral in another state): Oh, baby girl, I'm so sorry!! There's a reason in there somewhere, I know you'll find a positive.

H:............................ no reply ............5 hours go by.... no reply.....6.......7.......7 1/2 he gets home.....

conversation:

H: So when do you think you'll know by? (I swear to all that is good in this world those are his exact words!!!!)

Me: (with a look of "you're serious? on my face) I texted you at noon.

H: OH, that's what that meant.

Me: silence, I'm speechless.

Let's run through the other things in my life I could be referring to that I "Didn't get"

.a car......nope not buying one
.a house..... nope not buying one
.a loan..... nope not applying for one
.my period.... not an issue with no sex for 8 months, and he's snipped
.a book, a dog, a cat, a zebra, dinner, a joke, a cold, a haircut (like he'd even notice), a manicure .... not really fitting the situation here.

OMG, I'm still reeling. H always says "I am here for you, I'm always there when you need me" uh.... not really. Four other people who are not my H knew exactly what I said. They were there for me. (The 2 friends I have know less than a year)

(oh, I'm not upset I didn't get the job, I'm upset at knowing the person they chose didn't really want it)

OP Offline
Here's the latest conversation ...

H: i'll see you tonight, but I might be late if I'm meeting Steve (old friend in town) for drinks

Me: uh huh

H: I'll call u to see if you're done work

Me: why would u need to call me?

H: to see if you're coming, I have to come grab the kids anyway

Me: speechless, no reply came to mind.

?????????????

Am I going crazy or do those sentences not even go together?

Late, school night, bringing kids, see you late but r u coming with ????

W
W
Sorry Soxfan, all I can say is WTF!!!!

My husband was playing with his new iPad yesterday he got from work and was trying to hook it up so he could Facetime with the kids when he went overseas and asked me "so what is your phone number again?" Seriously?? I have had this number since 2004 and you ask me what my phone number is?

Seriously have their brains melted???

AT BD: WH 41, J 43; Bomb 2/5/2012
Two kids, one dog
D Final 6/18/14
J marries OW 1/24/15
"No matter where you go, there you are"
OP Offline
So, here's an update. It's been a roller coaster; but we're on the up hill right now.

Co-worker and friend got married on Saturday. I took another coworker shopping for new dresses Friday night after work. We had a blast shopping. She found one, I found 3; I had just gotten a check from extra work I did, so I bought all 3!! (yay me) Then I stopped and got new bra's and panties smile I came home and showed the dresses, but kept the others a secret. Saturday, I went to work for a bit to catch up, get the car washed and gas up.

I texted H on Saturday. Here's the convo:

Me: what dress should I wear tonight?

H: hmmmmm. not sure. They're all nice

me: well, which one can you imagine taking off me tonight

H: any

H: as long as I get my paper done

(((((ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME??????????))))))) but I refrained from replying until I could come up with something.

H replied first: if i had to pick it would be the light blue one.

I still didn't reply. too stunned I think. I got home, and decided to iron the dress in my new bra and panties- with pearls.

this time H noticed and said something!! Yay, me. I changed dresses once I realized the new dress didn't work with the new bra, and chose another of the new ones. still looked good if I do say so myself.

We went to the wedding, had a good time, and even danced a slow song together. I danced other dances, but not with H ((side note, I can dance..... I mean dance. Pick a dance and I can dance it with style and poise to boot... waltz, swing, Irish 2 step, polka, twist (the "real" twist), square dance, even cha cha slide smile .... I grew up dancing- H... not so much)) But we had a good time, and he only talked politics once during the night!! I kept putting my hand on his thigh under the table and while dancing I put my head on his chest.

One the way out to the car after the wedding, I made a comment about him getting his paper done. He said he asked his prof for an extension until Sunday. I made some comment about what we could do with our time.... and a snarky comment about him not telling me he has lesson plans to do, etc. H made a comment about being busy, I replied that we needed to make time or we'd soon run out.

Long story short, it's now monday night, and about to be 3 nights in a row. H interviewed today and will be at a new school next year so we celebrated with a nice wine at dinner and I told H we could celebrate later.

Ya, don't get me started on what will happen if he gets elected..... I've decided it's his decision, and thus his problem if he hasn't thought about that. I can survive very well on my salary no matter what happens with him)

I know not to expect anything, and I'm still not sure what I want and I may even still be leaning toward divorce... but for now, I've decided to take what I can get and enjoy the ride.

which is a good decision since I think I've run out of free or 99 cent romance novels available on the kindle!!!!!

((although did you see the study that found that women who read romance novels got about 3x more sex than those who didn't??))

-Sox

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard