Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
OP Offline
J
Having a tougher day today, PMA 5/10.

My mood is not due to my wife, but my own anxiety and frustration with my sitch. I am feeling anxiety today thinking about the future of our R. I know I should go out and exercise tonight, I was thinking I might get on the bike and just ride. My W is happy that I have been able to sell some of the toys from her business. She offered to me that I could keep $10.00 for my time and effort, I responded no thanks. I don't know why but it upset me that she offered (via text). I will make sure not to make any mention of it when she gets home from work tonight. I am in touch with her via text to keep on top of what she wants sold and for how much. I am trying to keep my responses as short as possible. I have got a lot of chores done today, 2 loads of laundry, grass mowed, kids fed, house vacuumed, toys sold, dishes done, and the most tiring of all, getting the kids to clean their rooms.

I do feel like I made some headway last week in GAL. And my W did wonder as to my late whereabouts, so, that's good, and I really did enjoy the time out too.

Now does anyone have any suggestions on keeping the changes going and keeping a PMA?

What other activities could I do to show her that I have moved on?

Any tips for detaching?

Johnnie

Me 45 W 34 W.A.W.
3K. D11 S9 D6
M 12 y T 13 y
Bomb drop 02/22/2011
2nd written bomb (Letter bomb) 05/31/2011
Affair (A bomb) revealed 07/03/2011
I
I
The PMA is so hard sometimes. I live with my W - while she's having an A... and for me it's a matter of constant acting as if and waiting for the feelings to catch up to the behavior. If i'm really busy it's better --- but this stupid holiday weekend has messed me up with that.

As if As if As if!!!!

Me (f): 45
W(f) 35
T: 13 y
C: S4 adopted at birth
6-18-11 bomb: I want to break up
8-28-11 OW confirmed
J
OP Offline
J
Hi in shock... I know your pain. ((HUGZ))

Me 45 W 34 W.A.W.
3K. D11 S9 D6
M 12 y T 13 y
Bomb drop 02/22/2011
Hi Johnnie-

Did you exercise the other night?

What are your strengths? What are the things you like to do? What are the things you have weathered well?

Have you listented to any of the KLA download?

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
L
L
Good job with your exercising and GALing... you're miles ahead of me.. I need to start moving my body.

Me: 32/ H: 32/ S5/ D4
T: 14/ M: 10
ILYB #1 (w/ OW#1, then OW#2): Summer 2008
Recon: Winter 2009
ILYB #2: Summer 2011 (w/ OW#3)
Asked for S: Sept 2011

H has moved out, wants D. Wants to remain good friends.
F
F
Originally Posted By: Johnnieno1

What other activities could I do to show her that I have moved on?

Any tips for detaching?

Quit trying to show her. No offense, but F her. Do what makes Johnnie happy. Pretend she passed away and what you would do with out her. Seriously, be the new and improved you Johnnie. If she likes what you become she will come around.

Detaching is moving on with your happiness and not basing your existence off her. Let go of her decision and move forward with YOUR life. With or without her Johnnie has to be happy too.

J
OP Offline
J
Just get out and do it...
Lucky clover

You will be glad you did, you will feel better, you will sleep better, you will eat better, and it's good for your soul.

Plus, it will help you clear your mind and give you perspective...

Good luck

Johnnie

Me 45 W 34 W.A.W.
3K. D11 S9 D6
M 12 y T 13 y
Bomb drop 02/22/2011
F
F
Great advice on your own thread Johnnie.

How are you bud?

Are you done trying to get your W's attention?

How are YOU?

J
OP Offline
J
Request for advice

My w just sent me a text indicating that she wants to take the kids away to her parents (8 hours drive away) for thanksgiving. They will be gone for at least 4 days. I responded by asking her if plans would include or exclude me. I don't want my kids gone on every holiday as my wife runs away from spending quality time as a family. My initial response is to say that, I want the kids home for thanksgiving and that, if she wanted to go on her own, she could do that, or, she could stay here and we could enjoy the time together.

Some days I am really good at being detached from her... Today, I'm not. Roller coaster, go away. I have really been sticking to the list of dos and donts... I am doing my best to keep my 180s on track too. I did lose my patience with my youngest daughter on Monday when I caught her lying to us twice. My w indicated that she understood why I was upset with our d, but that it was too loud. I know that she knows that I have been working hard on staying even keel, because she said the other night when I asked her for her thoughts on how I handled the sitch with daughter, that everyone loses thier patience from time to time... I know that's true, and I also know that I am 100% better than I used to be,, It STILL feels like a setback though.

My wife has been working hard at her new job, I thought she would have shown some signs of improvement though...

I guess what I need advice on is besides GAL, what else can I do to stay with this program?

What other things could I be doing to spark the flame for her?

I want to tell her that if she would take the energy that she puts into her EA, and put that into our marriage, we could be in a different place. I can't help but think of the kids through all of this. I know that my youngest daughters acting out behaviors are a result of the tension between me and my W.

I need strength to carry on... I am losing my strength though.

Advice please...

Johnnie

Me 45 W 34 W.A.W.
3K. D11 S9 D6
M 12 y T 13 y
Bomb drop 02/22/2011
G
G
Johnnie

All you can (should) do is as been said before GAL and 180's.

Actions, not words

WAS do not hear the words, take it from me and others.

Me - 37
W - 38
D - 14
S - 12
Together - 16
Married - 12
Bomb - April 13, 2011
W moved out - May 13, 2011

The man I became is changing back to the man I was........... and more
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard