Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 36 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks SFO, I had to drop my D's at their Mom's last night before we went out. It was a quick pick up and drop off. D's know about her and I feel they're old enough that they aren't seeing this as some new lady in their lives. I've explained "we're seeing each other. We might just be friends, might be nothing, might be more" There won't be any outings with my kids, don't worry! I'll be glad (but sad) when she's not working with me 'cuz then it'll feel more normal. This is her last day here. It's hard not to think about someone whose in your face three days every week! We'll see. She starts her new job on Monday and doesn't have a day off until the following Monday. So, I'll do my best to protect the old heart. In my past experience, it can all go down the toilet in a heartbeat. WE both did talk last night about how neither of us has been involved with someone for a long time, so going slow and enjoying is probably the best route. If it don't work out, it don't work out. Thanks for caring!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
V
V
Enjoy the ride, wii! I know I am. smile

Me 35
Wife 34
Two daughters 8 years and 3 years
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
We met in'92 married in 2000
Divorce final
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Violin. I think today she's feeling some stuff cuz I spoke with her at break and she was saying how people always think she's so nice "but I'm not, y'know!" I almost asked her whether she was trying to scare me? We talked a bit about how everyone has different parts of who they are. She keeps talking about how mean she is. She's scared. I get the feeling that this last day and our "togetherness" lately is maybe creating a bit of anxiety for her. Her "protect yourself" instinct is rising up. As I said, neither of us has been in a R for a long time and she's used to taking care of herself, just as I am. We'll see but I'm gonna give her space right now.

V
V
It sounds like you have a good instinct with her and giving space might be a good idea. I have walked away from my Persian honey a couple times because she seemed unsure or unintersted and both times she came back for me with a more intense passion. Love my Persian honey! smile

Me 35
Wife 34
Two daughters 8 years and 3 years
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
We met in'92 married in 2000
Divorce final
O
O
Wii,

When people disclose, LISTEN.

She is telling you she has concerns about how she treats people.

Rather than doing your own psychoanalyzing, rationalizing, denialing on your own, why not ask her about her concerns?

Best,
Oldtimer
W
OP Offline
W
Good idea, OT! Thanks.
She just texted me (while I was in the washroom), she'd gone out to get lunch and buy smokes for her client. She wrote, "I bought you lunch" That was nice!

N
N
Wii,

Please read up on the Philipino mindset. There's plenty of literature out there and the word "macho" just scratches the surface.

Sounds like you're having fund so just enjoy and go with the flow (but remember to be a challenge as well!).

//NH

Me - 47
Her - 46
4 kids, 2 still at home
S
S
I'm with OT here. If she is telling you something - listen. You 2 sound like you're going from zero to sixty in 2.3 seconds and she is scared.

Shortly before we got married my H became really nasty with me one night. I was shocked. He told me he was tired of always being so nice to me because he really wasn't always nice. I wondered if I should call off the wedding and mentioned it to a couple of friends. Most said he was just having a bit of "cold feet" - something normal. Only one suggested I listen. He did change after that and often refused to listen to my feelings - felt like he was giving in.

In hindsite - I'm sure he WAS trying to tell me something. And maybe I should have called it off.

Give her some space. If you are both enjoying each other's company and doing nice things for each other - great. But proceed with caution.

Barb

S
S
One more thing (& no - I'm not trying to keep at you)...

I stand by my "don't let your new interest be your FB friend". You announced in your status that you were going out. Your sister asked you with who. You announced a lovely new lady friend. Now someone asked you if it was "Karen". Your lady friend can read that. If she doesn't ask you about "Karen" (which I think she will) she will wonder. Heck - even I want to know who "Karen" is LOL

There is a lot to be said for the "mystique" and frankly - FB reveals all.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Good Point! I'll be deleting that entry and no more statuses on the subject. Thanks SFO.

Page 22 of 36 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard