Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2143281 03/28/11 07:22 PM
L
LITB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
So I meet with my attorney this afternoon to form a plan to fight for my kids.

I know that there are other members whom have been down this road. Hopefully some of you can share your experiences and/or advice on what I should expect and be prepared for.

Depending on the outcome of my meeting, what effect will this have on R my M? Has anyone gone down this road and still saved your M? I’d think and hope so. Obviously my hope is to shield my kids from the craziness and still have my W come back.

Ultimately, I realize that one parent has to make rational decisions for our children. Right now, that parent is me whether or not my M is salvaged.

Me:45 ExW:48
M:04/97
3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in life.~Rocky Balboa
S
S
LITB - I am going through the same thing right now. The last week of my sitch involves child custody. I would be very interested in the responses here.

After discovering my W's affair, she pleaded that I not take our S away from her. She feared me taking full custody (which I discovered to be a very real option when combining my conservative county and my W's same sex affair). I told her that I would never do that and agreed to 50/50 custody for the present and agreed that if we were to ever divorce, 50/50 would be agreed upon in mediation.

Fast forward two months, W is not liking the 50/50 arrangements and wants to meet a "parenting coordinator" to see what a professional might say is the best arrangement for an infant. I was not born on the moon. The pro is going to go with single physical custody with lots of visitation for an infant. This is something I am not okay with nor did we agree on.

Our last couples therapy session got pretty ugly when this was discussed. The conversation was making it very difficult to DB and validate her feelings.

I received a few responses to my dilemma. One was to protect my custody of my S, since the current situation sets a precedent if D would be in our future.

Looking forward to others chiming in. This is a pretty big boundary to set and still continue with the DB.

Best of luck to you.

Me - 33 W - 33
S - 9 months
M - 3 years
T - 5.5 years
Bomb - 12/14/10 ILYBNILWY
PA discovered - 1/18/11
PA began - 3/22/10
Separated
L
LITB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
sparks - I completely understand how the WAW does not like it when things don't go their way. My W would get very uncomfortable when I'd turn the tables on her about keeping the kids with me.

I know that I've done the best to save my M with my W living under the same roof. Now that she isn't, I have to make sure my kids are taken care of no matter what happens. Heading to my appt now.

I wish you the best in your sitch with your S.

Me:45 ExW:48
M:04/97
3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in life.~Rocky Balboa

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard