Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
W
W
Hey, how come nobody mentions the easiest and surest route of all? Join the Unification Church and let Rev. Moon marry you to someone you've never seen. No akward first dates, not knowing what to say, when to make the first move...it's all good...an undiscovered gem for the dating world. Instead of looking at it as a Cult look at it as a Dating Service...think positive! grin

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
W
Well, I certainly didn't mean to insult! My point was just that often people point others towards sex as some kind of cure all for many life issues. In many instances, I've seen those who act on it find themselves with new and worse issues to deal with. I just advice that looking for a healthy loving R is the formula for good sex. Not saying sex is bad!
Good luck with the search smile

W
W
Wow, do I know how to kill a thread!

B
B
Actually, Wii, I just wrote an article called "Celibacy After Divorce" for a blog that recently approached me. I was asked to provide a conservative voice to help balance out the left-leaning panel of bloggers (it is a S. F. bay-area based blog).

My first article, already published, was my list of deal breakers that men have on their online dating profiles. Next one in the can is called "The C Word-Confessions of a Conservative". And then I just submitted my celibacy article. I wonder if I will be met with outraged comments about my prudish dark ages views, or with radio silence... whistle

After Mr. One-and-done last fall (which was actually someone I have known since I was ten so not a quickie/hookup) I did some soul-searching and decided I am going to wait until I meet the next Mr. BBJ to sleep with anybody. For me it's the right choice, but I understand not everybody feels that way.

I do miss companionship and affection, though. And to those who say, "Get a dog" or "Hug your kids"--it is not the same. Of course it isn't the same. That's like saying you really want cheesecake and someone tells you to go chew on some celery. Not gonna get the job done. wink

My match account expires at the end of the month. I was going to just let it expire. But I am tempted to edit my profile and put in there that I won't be sleeping with any of my dates, and see how quickly all my winks and emails disappear. grin

After talking with my IC and my Pastor I have pretty much concluded that Mr. Awesome will have to come walking into my life down the road bc I don't really feel that motivated to search him out on websites anymore...removing 2200 profiles has not gotten me anywhere.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
W
W
Thanks for the input BBJ and congrats on the article! Personally, I screw myself enough in life and don't feel I need someone else to aid me in that endeavour! But that's just me... and besides I have no friggin' energy to date. This finding a R stuff is hard work...so I hear. I don't think I could handle the baseball season and a R at the same time...too intense. wink

R
R
Match seemed to be better than eHarmony which only paired me up with people over 60 miles away. What turned out best was FaceBook, reuinted with an old friend from High School and it has really turned out well. Have heard the "endorphins" thing too about better health but the jogging, exercizing and stretching are a whole lot less complicated...

RonJon
M
M
Here's what I'm telling my single friend's...even though I'm pretty new at this scene (like 2 months!). Do eHarmony for 30 days, but not more. You might get some good matches, but then, like everyone else says, the database seems to "dry up" and you're getting sent matches mostly from other states (they call them "flex matches"!). There just aren't as many people on that service and some of them aren't 'active'. I checked match.com, and within a 20 mile radius of me there are more than 1000 men in my 10 year age range...(and like 1500 women, so, as usual, the guys have it easier!) Most of them say "online within 24 hours" too, so they are definitely looking. I did match.com last year for about 72 hours before my divorce and was overwhelmed --you are likely to get lots of winks and e-mails as a new face, but it seems a little random. I cancelled because I wasn't ready to date...but did meet a really nice man who I saw briefly and we've been friends since then. So, I think that eHarmony is good for starting...its slower, and seems a little more focused, but don't give them all your money because its gonna dry up!

C
C
wii you are a hoot! ha ha... I sort of got off online dating after my close call last year, still think of that guy, how pathetic! (never met him, just chat...he never called like he said he would, yadayada) Anywho, I don't have that yearning for companionship lately ...perhaps I'm just exhausted with school, freelance clients (yes, i'm still jobless) and my kiddies and home... maybe after I'm done with school next summer... I want tot go back when i don't feel desperate or lonely or the feel to check my "inbox" all the time, tee hee.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
T
T
cat! online dating!!?? you?

Those dating sites have got to be a scam. Besides, I like your sig quote from Joel. That's got to carry more weight than an online meat market haha smile

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. -- Inigo Montoya, 'The Princess Bride'
C
C
TL)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I've sort of given up on the online thing... the guys my age range that I like either want to have kids (I am DONE) or live far away, lol

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard