Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
K
K
Way to put things in perspective. You didn't happen to get a kitten recently that helped make life a little fuzzier did you? smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
I
OP Offline
I
OF, thanks and how can I forget your post? You do your drive-bys and then disappear smile I hope you're doing great old friend!

luv, you're welcome. We all arrive sooner or later...on our own schedule- that's all that matters.

kat, no new kittens here. The two older ones are enough smile

Had a great weekend with DD. We did lots of fun stuff together. We found a tree house in the hills behind our house a couple of weekends ago. Or the remains of an old look-out. So her and I built some steps to make the hike easier, we built and hung a swing up there too. But it's never 100% fun unless you get hurt right? As we were climbing up, I turned around to tell DD to be careful and stay close (there are bobcats in the hill) as I was turning back around while taking a step forward I hit my shin on a leftover tree trunk, lost my balance and fell into the dried branches and twigs of a dead tree. Got scraped up pretty good with blood dripping from most areas of my body. Thankfully no twig poked me in my face or eyes or !! laugh DD got all concerned but I told her I was fine and we kept on and hung out there for a while.

I found out through DD that STBXW has a new job- now it makes sense why she had last Thu off. Interesting she didn't say a word. I'm pretty sure I know why she didn't. I'm debating mentioning something when I send her an email about DD's school stuff like saying congratulations on her new job or something smile

There are still things that I need to get a handle on. Just silly little things like my backyard needs new plants and stuff, she used to be the one to do all that so now I have some dead plants etc. I was walking with DD around the block the other night and noticed how some houses looked so cozy inside with nice lamps, curtains, fireplace etc. My house has been kinda empty-ish. Someday when I have enough money I'll hire an interior designer and a landscape company to give my house a make-over. I can't seem to feel motivated enough to do it myself yet I love a nicely setup house...like the ones you see in the magazines where the white curtains are blowing around in the afternoon breeze and in the background you can see the ocean, a clear blue sky and a cute woman standing over on the deck...oh wait...what was I talking about? smile

But little by little I know everything will fall into place...

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
R
R
Romeo you are doing so well and it truly is an inspiration! smile

Just a quick note. I won't be posting here much anymore. Anyone who wants to know why can message me in the alt.

S
S
IR, your adventure with D sounds fun.

You have been a great source of help and support for many of us here at DB and I am glad to see you moving along your journey so well. You are a great inspiration!

I always like your "I'm not a martyr" theme... smile

Did you see your girlfriend this weekend? (red)

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
V
V
Romeo, I was just having the same thoughts about my apartment! The ladies have such a nice way of making a house cozy don't they? I was sitting in my friend Paige's house and noticing how nicely decorated it was. I asked her if she would help me decorate mine! Of course, most of the reason why it feels nice is because she had to buy a ton of stuff to put everywhere! I should really think about buying one item a week for a year and see what I end up with. Maybe hang some of my own old paintings up.

Oh yeah, I tried growing tomatos in one of those hanging gardens and they never grew tomatos. The XW was not any better in the garden either!

Me 35
Wife 34
Two daughters 8 years and 3 years
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
We met in'92 married in 2000
Divorce final
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks all.

Well for the first time since 2006 I got dinged by 'dbmod' for posting on Mystik's thread today. I tried to offer my straight forward advice but this dbmod thought parts of it was 'rude'. I guess you have to candy coat stuff in the Newcomer's section? Or who knows maybe I am rude but sh*t I like me and that's all that matters grin

So I maybe a short timer here and like many others I'll probably go to the other board. It's like dying and going to heaven because when you get there you see all the same familiar people. Wait it can't be heaven if they're all there grin

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
S
S
^ There are a lot of things going on in Newcomers lately. I also was dinged...

IR, have you been to the Other Thing yet? (not the alt)... Hint.

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
D
D
I think I may be about done here, too.

I don't think I will go to the other place, I think it's time to leave the past behind, and get on with life. I will keep up with the friends I have through other means, and greatly miss the ones that I don't have other means for.

Posting this here, rather than on a thread of my own, takes me back to my Wandering Poster days!

I guess I will have to start a thread, but I don't want to turn it into a bash the DBmod fest, though that would be fun! smile

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
W
W
I guess you're just nobody on Survivors if you haven't been dinged by the mods! I feel so left out now...somewhere else in life where I just don't measure up...so sad!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
R
R
Originally Posted By: desert_rat
I think I may be about done here, too.

I don't think I will go to the other place, I think it's time to leave the past behind, and get on with life. I will keep up with the friends I have through other means, and greatly miss the ones that I don't have other means for.

Posting this here, rather than on a thread of my own, takes me back to my Wandering Poster days!

I guess I will have to start a thread, but I don't want to turn it into a bash the DBmod fest, though that would be fun! smile

I didn't realize who you were when you came to my party. But now I am even more glad you came. smile

Sorry you won't be in the other place. You have been a great help to many, including me.

But, there are other means. smile

Shame what's going on here. Makes me sad. frown

Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard