Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28
H
H
Blgp,
I found the recipe, but as I look at it I don't see the marshmellow topping. I will have to look through the rest of my recipes to see if I can find it. That is what makes this "pie", it is truely a cake though.
The cake;
2-2/3 C sifted all-purpose flour
1-1/2 C sugar
4 ts backing powder
1 ts salt
1/2 C crisco
1-1/3 C milk
2 eggs
2 ts vanilla extract

Grease and flour bottom of 2- 9in pans. Combine/Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Then, add crisco and milk. Blend at lowest speed with mixer. Beat 1-1/2 min on low. Add egg and vanilla, continue to beat another 1-1/2 min.
Bake 350 degrees for 30-35 min.

Basic Cream filling for cake.
1/2 C sugar
3 Ts flour
1/4 ts salt
1-1/4 C milk
2 egg yolks or 1 egg, slightly beaten
1 Ts butter
1 ts vanilla extract

Yields about 1-1/2 cups

In medium saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt. Gradually ad milk blending well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Blend about 1/2 C of hot mixture into eg yolks. Then add that to hot mixture in the saucepan and cook 2 min longer, stirring constantly. Blend in butter and vanilla extract. Cover and cool. (very important to cool thoroughly)

Chocolate Glaze

2 squares (2 oz.) semi-sweet or unsweetened chocolate
1/4 C butter or margarine
3 Ts milk
2 C sifted confectioners' sugar
1/8 ts salt
1/2 ts vanilla extract

Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over boiling water. Blend in butter and milk. Remove from heat. Add sugar, salt and vanilla extract; blend until smooth. If necessary, thin with a few drops of the cream. Spread on top of cake, allowing to drip down sides. (IMO you must do the chocolate glaze after the pie is mostly assembled, it hardens up fairly quickly and is hard to work with.)

When assembling the cake, it is a 4 layer cake. Cut the 2- 9 in pies in half. (You then can Drizzle rum into layers of cake if you choose to only a 1/2 to 1 teaspoon per layer.) You will then put cream between the layers of the cake. The marshmellow topping would cover the cake. Lastly, gently spread the chocolate glaze.

I will get you the marshmellow layer, soon.

Let me know if you have questions.

HopelessIn Love

M and W:33
Kids
M-10
ILYBNIL-4/2/10
Sep: 8/20/10
Back into house: 10/18/10
E
OP Offline
E
Ugh.
The claws came out once L talk started... Now he tells me he can only give me half of the monthly stipend he has been giving me since he had to hire a lawyer and needs to pay his brother back for the expenses of me moving etc. The word ridiculous comes to mind at this point...
However, I held it together and didn't bite... Told him it was "OK, the money isn't important, that's why I have credit cards. Don't have the L yet since I don't have the money and he charges by the hour, just waiting for him to file and the process will begin."
The next e-mail is a total switch and he says the money IS important to him, he just wanted to give me a heads-up etc. OMG, I can't believe how well the techniques work on him sometimes... he is heavily influenced by my response. Since that e-mail, he hasn't mentioned a L again and hasn't asked how to file etc.
I feel like I am being tested to my limits... guess I need to raise my threshold as I am sure this is about to get worse.
Couldn't do this without all of you...

(Formerly blgp)
Me-35
H-33
Married 4 yrs
Together 9 yrs
"Bomb" 8/1/10
Separated 8/6/10
D filed 10/21/10, on hold til 1/11

"If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him about your life plans."
E
OP Offline
E
Oh my gosh Hopeless, thank you for that!!! I can't believe you did that for me!! That is so awesome. Now I have to make it!!

(Formerly blgp)
Me-35
H-33
Married 4 yrs
Together 9 yrs
"Bomb" 8/1/10
Separated 8/6/10

G
G
Yep, its far from over. People don't refer to it as a roller coaster for nothing.
You are doing great

M39 W41
Two children
WAW bomb dropped 11/7/09
Piecing Aug 10 - Nov 10
No longer piecing...Nov 10
Separation Jan 11
EA ends again Feb 11
Piecing attempt #2, Mar 11
gutwrenching #2092544 10/20/10 09:30 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Is time really a 'gift'? Sometimes I think it is another word for 'torture' in this situation. Lately, I often think of asking him to please go file...

(Formerly blgp)
Me-35
H-33
Married 4 yrs
Together 9 yrs
"Bomb" 8/1/10
Separated 8/6/10

evolve35 #2092763 10/21/10 11:28 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Well, gift or not, the L talk really freaked him out and now he has his own lawyer drawing up the paperwork. It sounds like he will file today. He essentially said he got worried when I said I had a lawyer and that he should get one.

I explained that I have some really important things to take care of in my residency right now: getting my paper published, seminar to give etc. and that I need to keep my head in the game for that. I told him I won't stand in his way and I don't expect him to wait for me but that the next few weeks were important. He said he thought he could file then when I get around to retainer the L I could take care of it. I told him I am pretty sure that once he files I have only so long to respond. He said he would ask his L...

Careful what you wish for, huh? I really do need to get through these next few weeks, ideally without having to deal with this stuff.

Oh, and he told me he doesn't have anything to 'hide'. Really? Then why would you bring it up and change your password??? Obviously he has been reading my e-mails as I alluded to 'more to the story' in one of my e-mails to a friend and that we should talk over the phone.

I feel awful. I can't eat or sleep. I am contemplating not going to work today. I look forward to this part of my life being over.

(Formerly blgp)
Me-35
H-33
Married 4 yrs
Together 9 yrs
"Bomb" 8/1/10
Separated 8/6/10

evolve35 #2092780 10/21/10 12:06 PM
G
G
Time to find some serious inner strength, which I know you have and focus on your residency. This is time to look out for you. I know it will be hard, but don't let this screw up those things you have worked for so hard. Focus on your studies for the next couple of weeks...this is your life. This is your future. Forgetting about all the crap he has put you through will be good for you. I know it seems almost impossible, but dig down deep, focus.

M39 W41
Two children
WAW bomb dropped 11/7/09
Piecing Aug 10 - Nov 10
No longer piecing...Nov 10
Separation Jan 11
EA ends again Feb 11
Piecing attempt #2, Mar 11
E
OP Offline
E
Thank you GW. I really need the support right now.

(Formerly blgp)
Me-35
H-33
Married 4 yrs
Together 9 yrs
"Bomb" 8/1/10
Separated 8/6/10

S
S
About the atty fees....
This is HIS D. He is filing. This D was essentially "forced" on you. I would ask your attorney when you finally respond to the filing to ask H to pay your atty fees. It is commonly done in cases like these.

-silver

E
OP Offline
E
Silverado- That's what I was thinking too.

(Formerly blgp)
Me-35
H-33
Married 4 yrs
Together 9 yrs
"Bomb" 8/1/10
Separated 8/6/10

Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard