Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
P
P
Rabbit, I didn't realize you're in London! I thought you were out of town. Had I known I would definitely have rung you up for an evening in the pub. FYI, the Book of the Dead exhibit at the British is pretty cool. My friend works there and got us in on the staff preview day. And the cold continues to kick my butt! You sure have nasty viruses over there. smile

Rocked, hope all is well at your new pad. Keep the focus on taking care of business and taking care of yourself. And have some fun!

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
L
L
LOL Pearl only teasing I live about an hour and half outta london although its easily accessable by train! Couldnt live in the town Im a country girl at heart! Thanks for the tip about the exhibition I love egyptian history well history in general, hope youre feeling better now x

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
K
K
Hey, Rocked...party over here?

Pearl, hope you are feeling better. The worst flu I ever had I picked up in London. I don't know what's up with that...

Can't keep a good woman down
R
OP Offline
R
Well folks now that I am so good at GALing my weekend just filled right up!

So... I will have a virtual housewarming party next weekend... I promise! But, with my busy social calendar I have a few things on the go for next weekend too so I will still have to firm the details later.

I am thinking I will set a day and time and then people can post here and/or in the alt. grin

Plus... I know the suspense is going to make you all want to attend my party even more! grin grin grin

Another good news item.... had to go to the house yesterday to get a few things. H wasn't there (which is why I went when I did). I got what I needed, and was there a total of about 5 minutes. But, it was the first time since moving out I didn't have an emotional response to being there. I felt great! I felt sorta "matter of fact" about it.. did what I needed to do and got outta Dodge. It was so freeing and empowering to feel that!

Talked to G about it later and he said "stick a fork in it... you're done!" I think he is right. As a matter of fact, with each passing day I am more convinced of it.

And, that is such a relief. I have peace. After a year and a half of pain, to have peace....well, I don't need to explain it to you folks. smile

As for now, I have a great life to live and another party to plan! smile

I
I
That's a lot of good news Rocked! I'm glad things are turning better for you...it's time and you're ready. Of course, there will still be moments here and there but they get fewer and less painful. You almost have to force yourself to not let your mind wander or spend too many cycles on it.

Oh and if the invitation doesn't get lost in the mail this time I just might join you!

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
M
M
So I hear a party is being planned....

Just wanted to say....your positive attitude just radiates from your posts.

Cheers.

Me: 42, H: 43
Daughters: 7,5
Together: 16 Married: 9
Jan 2010- Piecing
Fen 2013 ????
F
F
Peace...is golden. You are doing SO well. hugs.

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
P
P
Rocked, I'm happy to hear that you're happy! I understand the relief that comes with knowing you're done and moving forward. I also understand the pain that comes with uncertainty. No matter what happens in the future I know that you're a confident woman who knows her own worth and will continue to learn and grow.

Thanks for waiting for me to hold the party, makes me feel special. smile Now I just hope I'm available when you throw it! You know, we're all adults so if you want to have a party on a school night I think we could make it work. I wouldn't want to interfere with all your fab GAL activities on the weekend! wink

Rabbit, after a week in Ireland I was done with the countryside and was happy to be in the hustle and bustle of the big city! I do want to see some of England in the future though.

Kara, I think I have this cold licked <knocks on wood> but BF is still suffering. I think he's not drinking enough water though, so it's on him. I just don't want to keep passing these germs back and forth.

If you love somebody, set them free.
http://tinyurl.com/2empx2g
A
A
Looking forward to the party!

Now, to plan what to wear...I guess I can put on my own virtual mules with maribou feathers, right?

Glad to hear about the feeling of peace.

Good good good.

R
OP Offline
R
November 9, 2009 was what I have called the "Hiroshima of my life".

It was the day I had to hear the words from someone else that my H was in a full blown PA. It confirmed what my gut knew but my head and heart could not believe to be true.

November 10, 2009 I went to the doctor, got medication, started my stress leave at work, went to see my IC for the first time, then went home... medicated myself and lay in a fetal position on the bathroom floor til I had to pull myself together when the kids came home.

I wasn't telling people in my life yet what was happening, so I came here. And Puppy Dog Tails and many others "held my hand" and somehow helped me pick myself up and find a way to get through. There are so many people to mention from my support system here but I don't want to start as I would hate to forget someone. I made special mention of Puppy because he played a crucial role for me in surviving that time. I am sad that he is not able to continue to do that for others here.

Since then, I have learned so much and grown in incredible ways that I never thought possible. I need to make special mention of someone else that made that possible. That someone is my dear brother, Gnosis. I know contact off the boards is "discouraged". Well, you know what? I am not exaggerating when I say that my ability to contact Gnosis in times of greatest need saved my life. He is a wise, compassionate, patient, very generous man. He can also swing a 2x4 like nobody I know and he knows I sure needed it sometimes. G... you are my brother and I will be eternally grateful for what you did for me. And, my dear Serenity... who when asked if she has a minute for me gives the same answer every time... "Always". You are a beautiful and precious woman.

All of you who have ever posted on my threads and/or communicated with me in the alt... you are deeply, deeply appreciated... more than I have words for. I just don't want to start naming names as I don't want to leave anyone out. I truly consider you family.

So today...

one year later...

I am at peace.

I feel joy.

I feel confident.

I have tremendous self worth.

I know what I deserve and I know I will never settle for less.

I am embracing life and seeing many gifts and blessings.

My kids are doing well.

Life is good.

So November 9, 2010 is a day of celebration!

HEEEEYYYYYYY..... I am gonna have my virtual housewarming party TONIGHT! Just thought of that now. grin I know it is short notice but what a great way to turn this day around!

Sooooooo....... it's party time my friends! Let's celebrate!

Anytime it is convenient for you, go ahead and post either here or in the alt that you are attending my party and I will respond.

It's a great day! grin

Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard