Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25
K
K
I think we can all agree that Daisy was quite happy where she was, she didn't want to come out!! I say this quite often because it is so true: You spend 9 months with this little person inside you. They spend the rest of their lives trying to grow apart.

It all passes too quickly. While it may be inconvenient now, it will be a cherished memory before you know it. Enjoy all of it!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
D
D
My youngest had to be held. You'd think he was asleep, just think of putting him down, and.....

Thankfully, it passes! Don't plan on getting enough sleep for, oh, the next 20 years! (Well, ok, it's not quite that bad!)

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
M
M
Actually, lots of people are called by their middle names....including me! My first name is actually Lara but I have always been called by my middle name, Michelle. I tell people I've boycotted the movie "Dr. Zhivago" and the song "Michelle my Belle" by the Beatles because my mother cursed me with those names. smile No one can pronounce my first name properly so I never let them try. smile

Enjoy your little one. She will only be in your arms for a short time and then she'll be running the other way!

Get a Baby Bjorn! They are wonderful for keeping your hands free but keeping your baby close. You can nurse with them also.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks guys, so seems I just need to keep holding her for now then!Trouble is, she's getting heavy!

I feel compelled to post a link to all my old posts, for anyone reading Piecing that needs some hope, so here it is:

Link to all my threads on DB

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
J
JCJ Offline
J
Ali, my sister had this pillow thing, v shaped. A milk bar or something - sounds hideous but that is what it was called. She said that saved her arms.

So, so thrilled for you x

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
M
M
Ali!!!! Hoping all is going wonderfully for you and your beautiful family.

Check in if you can. We miss you lots!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
It has been forever but I just wanted to drop in and let you know that I am thinking of you.

big hugs to your little family. smile kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
A
OP Offline
A
Well... I finally remembered my login details !!! wink

I just wanted to check back in with some of my old friends here. Its funny, I still feel some sense of responsibility to update and tell anyone who is reading, that we did make it, we did 'piece' and so far, so good. Little Daisy is 13 1/2 months old now and has been walking for a month! She is very very sweet, such a good baby, smiles all the time, is very calm and happy and hardly ever cries and never whinges and sleeps... 13 hours straight some nights until 8.30 am.. no kidding ! She did wake at 7 this morning though, so she can be normal sometimes smile

Everyone says that she is a reflection of me and H, she is calm and happy and laughs alot. We are very calm and happy around her as there is never really any tension between us and we H is brilliant with her, very hands on Dad.

H had to go and work again for the local organisation here where Helen worked (ow) and that was before Christmas for a few weeks.. well, whether he knew or didnt, but he ended up covering someones maternity leave and working there until NOW ! That person is back now, but he is still working full-time in that office, basically sharing an office with ow.

He came home a few weeks ago and told me that she was getting married. He said that he thought I would like to know. He never refers to her by name, EVER, he's never uttered it to me. He doesnt even say "she", like he cant bear to. I was careful not to ask about her since he was working there as we have all moved on and its not relevant and he would prefer NOT to have to work there, with her, but he had no choise. So to be kind to him, I didnt make a fuss. But after so many months I cracked and I did ask him about her, whether they were friends, chatted much etc and he said not really but they were pleasant/polite and it really wasnt a big deal, theres NO issue and for him its a long long time ago now and has no effect on him etc and anyway.. he said she was getting married. I think that was last weekend.

I find it interesting, because it could have been him. I said that to him and he shot me a withering look and said, uh, no it wouldnt have been ! Its 3 years since we saw her that time in a bar after we had reconciled, she was still single and very angry at H that he was back with me. So in that time she has met and got engaged and married to someone new. I always had this intuition about her that she was desperate to marry, settle down and have babies and was fearful at one point he may go along with that.. I later found out she had hinted, told him she loved him and asked him to move in with her. So.. I guess I was so lucky in many ways. In an alternate universe maybe he would have been married to her with a 1 year old!

I'm glad for her that she is happy now and I said as much to him.

I had 2 friends split with their partners recently with kids involved.. they both just feel so down and stressed and like 'well thats it then, now he has moved out' and so I tell them my story and Kalni too and I always say.. well, never say never right...

my thread
K
K
Thanks so much for the update! I think about you all often and was hoping that things were going well. So hard to believe your daughter is 13 months old already. Of course my baby turned 12 years old today and it seems like only yesterday that she was a toddler!

Don't be a stranger. Hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
A
OP Offline
A
Hi Kat, wow, a 12 year old !! I say to my friends.. I cant wait to be old, because then Daisy will be a teenager and we can do Mum daughter things together and it will be so lovely and relaxing. Of course the baby stage is hard, but as H and I had kids later than all our friends, we get that you just have to make the most and enjoy this stage as it goes so fast right smile

my thread
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard