Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
Ladies, there are also places like these...

http://www.mailorderhusbands.net/

http://alovinghusband.com/

B
B
I just want to marry THIS GUY...

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/o...046-38678298798

Funny, attractive, with a commanding presence...what's not to love? smile

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
lilac Offline OP
OP Offline
LMAO....think I need to move to Ukraine....

Lilac
B
B
Quote:
After you pop out your first born, you don't see yourself having to hit the dating scene again....you maybe want to revivie your life with your H, but dating again after child birth, what a scary thing!

Try dating after 20+ years and 4 kids! It's always difficult....none of us expected to re-enter the dating pool! LOL

Quote:
....I have ot stop crushing on guys out of my league! I meet guys when i become friends with them first. I have never dated from scratch, or as an adult really! it's friggin scary!

You need to stop over-thinking it and doubting yourself! Maybe he is wondering if he is in your league!!! Go for it!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
S
S
Quote:
he is out of my league of course....I have ot stop crushing on guys out of my league!

Ah, well, there it is, you see.

Let me hip you to some Double-Nought Secret Agenty Spy Stuff -- with very few exceptions, men ALWAYS feel like they're operating without a net. We don't see "league" where you see league.

Another Double-Nought Secret Agenty Spy Thang -- with very few exceptions, men are ALWAYS dumb-drooling-dog grateful for female attention.

Just because he's a cardiologist doesn't mean he's "out of your league." Just means he spent a lot of time in school.

Why just this evening at Overpriced Boutique Grocery Store, a fine-looking Sugar gave me some fluttery eyes, and I almost passed out -- Why, I'd NEVER get someone as hot as her! So, naturally, I wigged-out and got very, very interested in the frozen vegetables.

Silly rabbit, kicks are for twits. She managed to navigate her way around the store for the next 10 minutes, such that she always managed to be coming from the opposite direction in the aisle, always managing to flutter her eyes and give me a little smile.

Four words. Hi, I'm Smiley's Person. That's all it would've taken. Four words.

*Sigh* On the other hand, I did get an awful lot of frozen soy beans....

Dumb-A** Man Syndrome -- it isn't just for obtuse husbands, you know.

B
B
Quote:
Suzy, you're a catch! I know, it's easy for no one.... I just feel like I don't fit into my age group right now......although I am aiming for older these days....

I don't really know where I fit eaither. I am not sure what I am aiming for....I tend to be attracted to guys slightly younger than me. More like 40 than 45....but not sure how I would appeal to them. But, very funny story, Friday night I was seriously hit on by a 27 year old. I knew he was a bit younger thn me, but I thought he was early to mid 30's. So when I turned him down I had to find out how old he was.....my jaw dropped when he told me. He said he wasn't that much younger than me, he was 27. Then I told him I didn't know how old he thought I was, but I had a 22 year old daughter....then his jaw dropped! LOL I must admit it was flattering....but really funny!

Quote:
Yeah, my self esteem is not the best.... I have dated pretty good looking guys, but never could figure out why they chose me..., but lets face it, good looking means nothing if they are douchebags!

You need to work on the self-esteem! You got it girl, you are smart, attractive, obviously know how to have a good time (I saw the pictures! LOL) The right guy will see all of that!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
S
S
I found and read this book at my local library:

Mars and Venus on a Date

G
G
SP,
Originally Posted By: SmileysPerson
...Instead of "I can't, because...", "I can't, because...", "I can't, because...", why not reframe the question in terms of How -- "How might I...?"

How constructions are usually much more productive than Why constructions, at least in my experience. Why questions seldom have answers. How questions at least impose order on chaos.
So true.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

O
O
Rarely visit but in the neighborhood and thought i'd stop by.

How do you meet someone? Quit trying. Let them meet you.

Quit (or don't start) "dating". Just go places and do things.

Dump the whole idea that a "relationship" is something is something that has to be named, defined, have a destination.

Dump the idea that there is an "ideal mate". Checklists? Seriously?!

Age differences? Only a factor if you let it become one. As Satchel Paige asked, "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"

Skip the dating BS and just be yourself dammit!

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
B
B
you could respond to this personal ad

Attractive tall man needs special female friend 25-50

YES need a good looking friend to talk to express my feelings too,i can be you male friend that you can talk to talk about your feelings and needs in life.since i am att.man you must be good looking in shape,so when we do coffee together we look the part of a nice couple.

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard