Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
E
Quote:
No sure What EP would say

I say quit being a pussy...

I put myself in a self inposed seclusion and my man from across the pond brings me out..

Stop letting one woman suck the fun out of your life...

live for yourself first and the good stuff will follow along..

A
Arthur Offline OP
OP Offline
A
my man

Hows things ?

Sorry to drag you out bruv. I never intended to come back here.

I'm going through those first weeks emotions I guess and i'm a bit better today. Even if I have had bought 2 hours chatting on msn to exGF. She still v flirty, I dont getit. She defo still fancies me, I know that much for sure.

Think I just need to go cold turkey now, but it's tough as I like chatting to her.

Defo right tho EP, I am starting to live for me again, have ben the last couple of days and it's helping.

the thing is. I just think some things are worth fighting for in life. Were not here long enough to miss possible great people that come into our lives.

I'll just keep coming to rant as it helps me and take the 2x4s as they come. I know I'll be ok and wll get past this again as I have done before (tho as mentioned, different crcumstances completely).

cheers for stopping by EP

E
E
Arthur...I've come to realize that the "good" women that are out there will be willing to attempt to make changes when problems pop up.cause relationships are a two way street.....the "fun suckers" will not...they are out for themselves..they are all about them...

keep searching brother.....

W
W
Arthur, the others are right, she wasn't ready and hadn't dealt with the grief etc from her divorce. Sometimes when somebody nice comes along we put that on the backburner looking for good feelings versus dealing with the "bad" ones. She may also feel guilty about having ditched you and keeps in contact due to that guilty feeling. I'm not saying she doesn't like or care for you in some way but she ditched what she probably still sees as a good man and wants to ease that guilt. So, she keeps contact, wants to be "friends" etc. You have to decide if this is OK for you. That stuff is crazymaking, I know I couldn't do it! But, you have to figure out what you need. I also think your comment about needing to learn to be alone is a biggie! I struggle with that myself and believe that when I'm happy with myself and able to be with myself then a real R will come along otherwise we just grab onto things that may not be that healthy for us just to beat lonliness. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
A
Arthur Offline OP
OP Offline
A
cheers guys

I know your all right and the usual time healing is helping. I'm getting there again.

I honestlythought she could be the one, everything was great, but, like my own first relationship after divorce. I think I maybe did just help her to put her own stuff aside for a while. Then when after a few months it still wasn't helping her completely and she still felt down, she called it quits.

I have no doubts in my own mind that she does like me, like me a lot, she just knows inside she is not ready for me yet. Bit of right person, wrong time.

I do still want to be with her, but even if she came running now, I'd play hard to get (not that she will). I'm just going very quiet, hiding on msn etc.

I do also believe in situations like this, what's meant to be is meant to be. If were meant to be together, we will some time in the future, else she is not 'the one'.

Question for the ladies - What is it that you girls don't like about having a nice guy ? someone that will care for you, look after you as best they can, but rather plump for the bad boys ??? I've never understood this. Settingyourself up for hurt etc

Hope yr all doing well

S
S
Originally Posted By: Arthur
Question for the ladies - What is it that you girls don't like about having a nice guy ? someone that will care for you, look after you as best they can, but rather plump for the bad boys ???

You wont get the right answer. You would be better off asking some questions about the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle in Quantum Mechanics.

K
K
Personally I prefer the nice sweet guys. I would like if they were game for a bit of adventure but nothing "bad" perse. Here is why my "wants' get tricky. I don't need someone to take care of me but I want someone that could/wants to. I want someone that respects my freedom as I respect theirs. Maybe you were trying to take "care" too much.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
A
Arthur Offline OP
OP Offline
A
thanx for responses guys.

What you girls say makes sense.

FWIW, i've totally gone hidden, always offline on msn (for instance exGF has just logged on but i'm not going online, although it makes my tummy flutter a little...lol)

No updates anyway, with a mate for a couple of days in the big smoke, having a good time but jees is london expensive...lol.

S
S
Arthur -

I look at a google map of the mish mash of roads in the London Area and I dont understand why everyone who lives around there is not batchit crazy.

A
Arthur Offline OP
OP Offline
A
KK - I might be being stoooopid here, but you've lost me on that comment.

I'm not a massive London fan tbh, great for a day/nite out with plans etc, but could never live there. To busy for me.

Still not heard or any contact with exGF. Just working on getting right back into my running, get a job and also no ciggies for 2 days now. Feeling good again. Should of remembered I tend to have this 6 week cant get over a girl cyclethen start to move on. Then by about 10 weeks I'm usually fine, out and about or had a couple of flirts and got my head together.

hope yr all doing well. Will try and have a read, but with my boys today as they've been on hols for a week so only on here quickly.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard