Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
steady #2010174 05/26/10 04:06 PM
D
D
Ken,

Good to hear that things are going well with you and the kids. She is who she is and nothing is going to change that too bad for her. Just keep that positive attitude.

As for me same chitt different day. Nothing new in any direction if you know what I mean. Living my life for today, not stressing over the past or worring about the future. It has been working for me, keeps me level.

Tim

Thread #10
S
steady Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Nice to see you here. I was starting to think I was split personality talking to myself on this thread...lol.

I was going to call you the other day to see how things are. I'll give you a call in the next few days.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
steady #2027657 06/27/10 01:21 AM
S
steady Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I was served with D papers yesterday (Friday 6/25). Of course it was full of lies, exaggerations and embellishments. I really didn't expect anything different.

Two weeks ago on Thurs 6/17, I got served with a temporary 'refrain from' order. It's absolutely nuts. That was filled with lies also. A few things that were in there:

1. 'We have had conversations about where she has been without her ever telling me where she had been. My W is afraid either I am following her or I have someone following her'.

Of course, no conversation ever took place. I really don't care what she does or where she goes. I have no interest in her personal life at all. As a matter of fact a few months ago she texted me that she her jury duty was done and they settled the case. I sent a return text saying I think she meant to send that to someone else. She replied it was for me and she wanted me to know what was going on. I replied that information was about her personal life and I don't need to know anything about her personal life.

2. 'Our S is severely allergic to bees and I often forget or just don't bother to take his epipen with me on outdoor outings'.

I have my kids alone all the time and my W is never there. How would she know if I have the epipen or not? Of course, I always have it because I'd never put my S at risk like that. The only time I didn't have it was for a Cub Scout campout and she knew that. It wasn't in it's usual spot so I txt my W to bring it with her. She was coming to meet us for the day with my D. I knew they outing had first aid and they had epipens. When I later asked my W where it was she told me she took it and forgot to put it back.

Also, it's never been proven he even has an allergy to bees. When he was around 1 his arm was read and it looked like he got bit or stung by something. My W found a dead bee in the living room and assumed it was a bee sting. The pediatrician told us there was no way to know if had an allergy to bees because it can develop at any time. So if the test came up negative, he could still have a reaction if he got stung.

3. 'Threats and harrassment have been ongoing throught the whole marriage'.

Come on now...

4. 'I have been texting/emailing/calling her all day and all night even though she repeatedly has asked me to refrain from this'.

In court my L presented the information I compiled about our text/email/phone calls. He told the judge if you look at the records you'll see that there are only small differences in the amount of texts we have both sent on a daily basis. Anywhere from equal to a difference of 10 to 20.

He also had a copy of all the emails we had sent back and forth over the past few months. No threats, no harassment, no constant emails from me.

There were other things in there that can be easily disproved but this list is enough to show where she is in making up stuff. She's desperate and she doesn't have anything real to go on so she is making stuff up.

We went to court on Thursday (6/24) for it. My W showed up with no lawyer and my lawyer was pretty surprised by that. He said he checked the docket and there was no lawyer listed for her.

It was supposed to be just a simple arraignment where the judge would basically find out if there were any objections to the court order, any simple motions, then set another court date.

My lawyer asked the judge to hear some motions he wanted to put into effect. He told the judge that the way my W wrote out her affidavit it sounded like the incident she was referring to happened last week. It actually happened at the end of Jan.

He filled her in that we were in front of her over a year ago with the first refrain from order which my W dropped. He told the judge had been working on a separation agreement and we voluntarily went through a forensic analysis.

He then presented an email where my W invited me to sleep over the house at the end of March for Easter so we could all get up and do their Easter baskets together.

The judge looked at the email and asked my W if she had anything to say about it. My W said she had a lot to say but she didn't think it was in her best interest without her lawyer present. She did say she only invited me to sleep over because I am always yelling at her that we need to do things as a family for the sake of the kids. The email reply I gave her said - "No thanks. There's no point in it. Like you told me, it's all fake anyway. When I talked to you about this kind of stuff last year you looked at me like I was an idiot." So much for me 'forcing' her to do that kind of stuff.

The judge then asked my W about another incident that my W had told her about when she was in front of her to secure the order. My W said it was an incident in the driveway of my brother's house where we argued, I followed her to her car and then didn't let her leave.

My lawyer asked my W when that incident occurred. My W said, "Hold on, I have it in here somewhere", and she proceeded to go through her paperwork. She then looked up and said, "I don't know - it happened sometime between Jan and now."

The judge asked my W where her counsel was. My W said, "I don't know." (In a whiny voice) Her lawyer wasn't even slated to come to court so she new he wasn't going to be there.

The judge was getting a bit annoyed at this point. She was ready to wrap it up and just set another court date.

My lawyer then asked the judge to amend the court order. He told the judge we had a custody rotation in place that has a bi-weekly schedule of a 50/50 sharing arrangement of our two children. He explained the schedule and told her we have been doing it since the end of January. He then asked the judge to put into the court order that this schedule was to continue.

My W started to get angry. I could see it in her face. My W said, "I never agreed to that rotation."

The judge said, "You didn't agree to it? You've been doing it for 5 months already."

My W said, "The Psychologist who did the evaluation told me it would only be for 2 to 3 weeks and I only did it because he (meaning me) wouldn't leave the house. The rotation we are doing isn't even the one he wrote in his final report"

The judge tole my W she needed to get her counsel present and we would set another date.

My lawyer then told the judge my W and I had agreed that I would take the kids to Colorado for a family reunion from July 1 to the 8th and he wanted that to be in the court order also.

My W said, "I only agreed to that because I found out there would be 10 other family members who would be there to take care of the kids." (Insinuating I can't take care of them myself. Meanwhile I have them every other weekend and multiple overnights during the week since Jan)

The judge asked where this whole thing is in the D proceedings. My lawyer said there were none.

My W then said, "I filed papers last week."

My L said, "We haven't gotten anything. My client hasn't been served yet." My W replied, "He was supposed to have been served by now. I don't know why he hasn't been."

The judge then told my L she didn't have jurisdiction to put those things in the order. The judge then said she was going to set a court date for August to address this order.

My L responded that he felt my W was using this refrain from order as a lever in the D court. My W said, "I only took this out because I was afraid how he would react when he got the papers." I don't think the judge heard this because you can't get an order based on some potential future event.

The judge then asked the clerk if there was an earlier date and the clerk gave a date at the end of July. The judge asked for an earlier one. The date was set for July 13th.

She amended the order and put in it that we are to continue the current visitation schedule until July 13th and the father is taking the kids on vacation from July 1 thru the 8th.

On the way out of court I hear my W's mother ask her, "How long does it take to served D papers?" My W said, "I don't know", in a very irritated snappy tone.

So this is my life. It's like I'm in the grandstand watching a circus. She's running around doing all this stuff, panicking, shooting from the hip, making up lies, re-writing the past and present events... it's almost comical. If it wasn't my life it would be a great comedy.

I really don't care if she serves me papers. At this point I have absolutely zero interest in spending any time with her, staying married to her, dating her, even talking to her.

I want my kids. I want equal time with my kids and she refuses to give that to me. I'll fight her on this till I get it. I don't care how long it takes or how much money it costs me. I am absolutely determined and committed to spend time with my children. Period.

I don't care about the house, the money, etc... I can always make more money or buy another house. I can never get back lost time with my children. It's bad enough that I'll only see them 50% of their lives with a 50/50 split. I don't want even less than that - but she is determined to just that.

A year and a half a go she told me she wanted to control when I can see my children. I was astounded. But it's right in line with her control issues. Back then she thought she'd give me every other weekend and one evening per week.(Not even an overnight - just after school until bedtime)

The actual example in the Psych report gave me the kids from Thu after school until Mon after school every other week. Then on the other week I would get them Tue and Thu after school till bed time and Wed overnight.

I posted above she even wanted to take the Wed overnight out. How sickening.

Anyway, this is a long enough post. I'm doing well. I'm rolling with the flow, having a great time with my kids and doing really well at work. My life is good in spite of what's going on with the legal stuff.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
steady #2028119 06/28/10 02:07 AM
L
L
wow steady...I think you and I are at the same place in our ending marriages. I hope to keep updated with your sitch and offer support.

Luv

one more thing...I will never understand these women who try to keep their kids from seeing or spending 50/50 time with a father who CARES. There are so many deadbeat dads out there. Leave your feelings at the door when it comes to the kids.

Last edited by luvless; 06/28/10 02:12 AM. Reason: rant

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
Bomb Nov 09 "i'm not happy"
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
luvless #2029229 06/29/10 05:39 PM
S
steady Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I can't tell you how many D women I've heard that from. They tell me my W should feel lucky that I want to spend that much time with my kids. They say their ex's are so not involved in their lives and they have to do everything as a single mom.

I don't think I wrote it above, but the psychologist also gave me equal 50/50 over the summers and their in-year school breaks (Christmas, Easter/spring).

Here's a study on marriage/divorce and it's effect on happiness I found online a while back. I thought it was very interesting.

Does Divorce Make People Happy?
Findings from a Study of Unhappy Marriages

Call it the "divorce assumption." Most people assume that a person stuck in a bad marriage has two choices: stay married and miserable or get a divorce and become happier.1 But now come the findings from the first scholarly study ever to test that assumption, and these findings challenge conventional wisdom. Conducted by a team of leading family scholars headed by University of Chicago sociologist Linda Waite, the study found no evidence that unhappily married adults who divorced were typically any happier than unhappily married people who stayed married.

Even more dramatically, the researchers also found that two-thirds of unhappily married spouses who stayed married reported that their marriages were happy five years later. In addition, the most unhappy marriages reported the most dramatic turnarounds: among those who rated their marriages as very unhappy, almost eight out of 10 who avoided divorce were happily married five years later.2

The research team used data collected by the National Survey of Family and Households, a nationally representative survey that extensively measures personal and marital happiness. Out of 5,232 married adults interviewed in the late Eighties, 645 reported being unhappily married. Five years later, these same adults were interviewed again. Some had divorced or separated and some had stayed married.

The study found that on average unhappily married adults who divorced were no happier than unhappily married adults who stayed married when rated on any of 12 separate measures of psychological well-being. Divorce did not typically reduce symptoms of depression, raise self-esteem, or increase a sense of mastery. This was true even after controlling for race, age, gender, and income. Even unhappy spouses who had divorced and remarried were no happier on average than those who stayed married. "Staying married is not just for the childrens' sake. Some divorce is necessary, but results like these suggest the benefits of divorce have been oversold," says Linda J. Waite.

Why doesn't divorce typically make adults happier? The authors of the study suggest that while eliminating some stresses and sources of potential harm, divorce may create others as well. The decision to divorce sets in motion a large number of processes and events over which an individual has little control that are likely to deeply affect his or her emotional well-being. These include the response of one's spouse to divorce; the reactions of children; potential disappointments and aggravation in custody, child support, and visitation orders; new financial or health stresses for one or both parents; and new relationships or marriages.

The team of family experts that conducted the study included Linda J. Waite, Lucy Flower Professor of Sociology at the University of Chicago and coauthor of The Case for Marriage; Don Browning, Professor Emeritus of the University of Chicago Divinity School; William J. Doherty, Professor of Family Social Science and Director of the Marriage and Family Therapy program at the University of Minnesota; Maggie Gallagher, affiliate scholar at the Institute for American Values and coauthor of The Case for Marriage; Ye Luo, a research associate at the Sloan Center on Parents, Children and Work at the University of Chicago; and Scott Stanley, Co-Director of the Center for Marital and Family Studies at the University of Denver.

Marital Turnarounds: How Do Unhappy Marriages Get Happier?

To follow up on the dramatic findings that two-thirds of unhappy marriages had become happy five years later, the researchers also conducted focus group interviews with 55 formerly unhappy husbands and wives who had turned their marriages around. They found that many currently happily married spouses have had extended periods of marital unhappiness, often for quite serious reasons, including alcoholism, infidelity, verbal abuse, emotional neglect, depression, illness, and work reversals.

Why did these marriages survive where other marriages did not? Spouses' stories of how their marriages got happier fell into three broad headings: the marital endurance ethic, the marital work ethic, and the personal happiness ethic.

* In the marital endurance ethic, the most common story couples reported to researchers, marriages got happier not because partners resolved problems, but because they stubbornly outlasted them. With the passage of time, these spouses said, many sources of conflict and distress eased: financial problems, job reversals, depression, child problems, even infidelity.
* In the marital work ethic, spouses told stories of actively working to solve problems, change behavior, or improve communication. When the problem was solved, the marriage got happier. Strategies for improving marriages mentioned by spouses ranged from arranging dates or other ways to more time together, enlisting the help and advice of relatives or in-laws, to consulting clergy or secular counselors, to threatening divorce and consulting divorce attorneys.
* Finally, in the personal happiness epic, marriage problems did not seem to change that much. Instead married people in these accounts told stories of finding alternative ways to improve their own happiness and build a good and happy life despite a mediocre marriage.

The Powerful Effects of Commitment

Spouses interviewed in the focus groups whose marriages had turned around generally had a low opinion of the benefits of divorce, as well as friends and family members who supported the importance of staying married. Because of their intense commitment to their marriages, these couples invested great effort in enduring or overcoming problems in their relationships, they minimized the importance of difficulties they couldn't resolve, and they actively worked to belittle the attractiveness of alternatives.

The study's findings are consistent with other research demonstrating the powerful effects of marital commitment on marital happiness. A strong commitment to marriage as an institution, and a powerful reluctance to divorce, do not merely keep unhappily married people locked in misery together. They also help couples form happier bonds. To avoid divorce, many assume, marriages must become happier. But it is at least equally true that in order to get happier, unhappy couples or spouses must first avoid divorce. "In most cases, a strong commitment to staying married not only helps couples avoid divorce, it helps more couples achieve a happier marriage," notes research team member Scott Stanley.

Would most unhappy spouses who divorced have ended up happily married if they had stuck with their marriages?

The researchers who conduced the study cannot say for sure whether unhappy spouses who divorced would have become happy had they stayed with their marriages. In most respects, unhappy spouses who divorced and unhappy spouses who stayed married looked more similar than different (before the divorce) in terms of their psychological adjustment and family background. While unhappy spouses who divorced were on average younger, had lower household incomes, were more likely to be employed or to have children in the home, these differences were typically not large.

Were the marriages that ended in divorce much worse than those that did not? There is some evidence for this point of view. Unhappy spouses who divorced reported more conflict and were about twice as likely to report violence in their marriage than unhappy spouses who stayed married. However, marital violence occurred in only a minority of unhappy marriages: 21 percent of unhappy spouses who divorced reported husband-to-wife violence, compared to nine percent of unhappy spouses who stayed married.

On the other hand, if only the worst marriages ended up in divorce, one would expect divorce to be associated with important psychological benefits. Instead, researchers found that unhappily married adults who divorced were no more likely to report emotional and psychological improvements than those who stayed married. In addition, the most unhappy marriages reported the most dramatic turnarounds: among those who rated their marriages as very unhappy, almost eight out of 10 who avoided divorce were happily married five years later.

More research is needed to establish under what circumstances divorce improves or lessens adult well-being, as well as what kinds of unhappy marriages are most or least likely to improve if divorce is avoided.

Other Findings

Other findings of the study based on the National Survey Data are:

* The vast majority of divorces (74 percent) took place to adults who had been happily married when first studied five years earlier. In this group, divorce was associated with dramatic declines in happiness and psychological well-being compared to those who stayed married.
* Unhappy marriages are less common than unhappy spouses; three out of four unhappily married adults are married to someone who is happy with the marriage.
* Staying married did not typically trap unhappy spouses in violent relationships. Eighty-six percent of unhappily married adults reported no violence in their relationship (including 77 percent of unhappy spouses who later divorced or separated). Ninety-three percent of unhappy spouses who avoided divorce reported no violence in their marriage five years later.

Endnotes

1. Examples of the "divorce assumption:" In a review of Cutting Loose: Why Women Who End Their Marriages Do So Well by Ashton Applewhite in Kirkus Reviews, the reviewer writes that "if Applewhite's figures are correct, three-fourths of today's divorces are initiated by women, and if her analysis of the situation is correct, they are better off, at least psychologically, for having taken the big step." The book's publisher describes the book this way: "Cutting Loose introduces 50 women . . . who have thrived after initiating their own divorces. . . . [T]heir lives improved immeasurably, and their self-esteem soared." In an oped in the New York Times, Katha Pollit asks, "The real question . . . [is] which is better, a miserable two-parent home, with lots of fighting and shouting and frozen silences and tears, or a one-parent home (or a pair of one-parent homes) without those things" (June 27, 1997). In a review of The Good Divorce by Constance R. Ahrons in Booklist, we are told that Ms. Ahrons "offers advice and explanations to troubled couples for whom 'staying together for the sake of the children' is not a healthy or viable option."

2. Spouses were asked to rate their overall marital happiness on a 7-point scale, with 1 being the least happy and 7 the most happy. Those who rated their marriage as a 1 or 2 were considered to be very unhappy in their marriages. Almost 8 out of 10 adults who rated their marriage as a 1 or 2 gave that same marriage a 5 or more when asked to rate their marriage five years later.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
steady #2029243 06/29/10 05:55 PM
S
steady Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Something else I found and thought was interesting:

Regrets From Divorce

40% of divorced people regretted their divorce and thought it was preventable. (Australian and New Jersey studies. (William J. Doherty, PhD, Family Social Science Dept., University of Minnesota, Bdoherty@che2.che.umm.edu)

62% of both the ex-husbands and ex-wives said they wished their spouses had worked harder, and 35% of the ex-husbands and 21% of ex-wives said they wished they, themselves, had worked harder. Only about a third of the respondents of each gender thought that both ex-spouses had worked hard enough. ( National Survey on Marriage in America, Ever-divorced Respondents Give Reasons for Their Divorces,2005)

“lack of commitment” was the most frequently given reason for the divorce by every divorced respondents . (National Survey on Marriage in America, National Fatherhood Initiative, 2005)

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
steady #2035627 07/10/10 01:41 AM
S
steady Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I just came back from a great 7 day vacation in Breckenridge Colorado with my kids. It was an awesome trip and we had a great time. I taught my S7 how to swim without any flotation and I had my D4 dunking her head under the water.

I took my S whitewater rafting (my D was too small to go); the three of us spent a lot of time in the resort's pool; had the family reunion on Sat; took a gondola ride up the mountain where I took them both on an alpine slide; we toured a gold mine; and a lot of other stuff.

I really needed the vacation and it served as a great break from the garbage I've been dealing with.

My W served me with a refrain from order and D papers (both full of fabrications and twisted 'truth') and she had the nerve to show up at the house today to swap the kids. I emailed her before I went on vacation and told her I wanted to do the swap either at my brothers house or in a public area.

I was getting the kids ready and she walked in the front door. The first thing I asked her was if she got my brother's text this morning. She said she didn't. Then I told her I emailed her. She said, "I didn't check my email today." I told her I emailed her before leaving and said how I wanted to do the swap. Of course, she had nothing to say.

I ignored her and got all my stuff together. She tried to engage me in conversation a few times but I didn't respond with anything but a yes or no if it was warranted. I had my tape recorder on the whole time. Then she has the nerve to offer me salad and chicken she made while we were away.

She is so out of touch with reality it's actually sad. Because of the 'refrain from' order I have been only texting and emailing to her through my brother or sister in law. It's like that for my protection because she's fabricating things and I need to protect myself.

After I got my stuff together I gave my kids a hug and a kiss and walked to the front door. I said goodbye to my kids and about 10 seconds later I heard my W say goodbye to me. I just ignored it.

I have no desire to look at her, talk to her - anything. The outright lying and fabrication has really put that big nail in the coffin for me.

I'm a bit tired and have some catching up to do here.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
steady #2037190 07/13/10 02:29 AM
S
steady Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I had my S Sat night. It's my W's weekend, but we had a minor league ballgame to go to for the cub scouts. The plan was for my S to sleep at my brother's house - that's where I stay when my W has the kids. So we stayed only for a few innings because he got bored. He's still adjusting to the time zone change since we got back on Thu.

He was up late Sat night and woke up late on Sun. About 15 min after she picked him up I get a text asking what time he went to bed and what time he woke. My W said she was asking because she wanted to know where he was at in his sleep pattern because he was starting summer camp Mon (today) and she had to get him up by 7.

I know my W. It was irrelevant where he is in his sleep pattern. It's not like there are a few days to try to readjust his sleep cycle. He's where he's at in his pattern and there's one evening of sleep before he starts camp. He told her we watched two episodes of Star Wars, he woke up late. We're in the middle of a custody battle and she is constantly trying to find things to hold against me. So rather than give her the times, I suggested she not let him nap, put him to bed on time, wake him up at 7am on Mon. I said he is still adjusting back to Eastern Time. If he is tired he will fall asleep on time on Mon night.

Well she didn't like that answer. She texted a few more times asking for the specific times. I ignored them. An hour later I get a text and she tells me my S has a Dr. appointment Mon at 4:40. Well I have both my kids at that time. I sent a text telling her she needs to consult with me before she schedules anything for my kids when it's my time to have them.

I told her I made plans after they get home. If she wanted to take hiim during the day she could. If not, she can handle it when she has him, or I'll handle it when I have him. I said it wasn't urgent and it's something we saw the Dr for 3 weeks ago. A minor skin condition which had cleared up on one part of his body but now showed up on another. Most likely poison ivy. My W is like Chicken Little.

Of course I get no text back. She won't address the fact she needs to talk to me before making any appointments during my time with my kids.

This morning I get a text asking me if I stopped giving my S his medication for his anxiety. I sent her a text back telling her I followed the plan we made with my S psychiatrist where we would taper him off every two weeks and get him off the meds for the summer.

My W then sends a text to my SIL telling her how mad she is at me for not telling her I took him off the meds... blah, blah, blah. My SIL called me and asked, "Why the hell is she calling me? I don't care about her complaints. She acts like I'm one of her girlfriends..." I laughed. I did exactly what we had agreed to do, and still that warranted some kind of complaint.

I won't allow these kinds of control attempts by her and I am consistently taking a stand against them. I had to deal with them throughout our whole marriage and I have had enough of it.

I sat there wondering if I have to deal with this kind of crap for the next 14 years till my D is 18. I really hope not.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
steady #2037984 07/14/10 05:20 AM
S
steady Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Went to court today. The second court appearance for the refrain from order. I waited two hours, walked in, stood there for 5 minutes then we all left. Gotta love the legal process. We have a trial date for Aug 23.

My W showed up carrying a box. My L looked at me and asked, "What's in the box?" I laughed and told him it's beyond me. He also asked me later on why my W always looks angry. Again I laughed. Well, that's just who she's become.

L doesn't get her team. He said "You know, she filed for a D but if someone were to ask me what she wanted, I'd have to say I have no idea. They haven't responded to anything I've sent them, they don't know what they're doing, etc.." He said they won't do anything and we'll have to do their jobs and ours. I asked him if he was going to bill them for their half...lol

He's a good guy and I like him. He's a good L. The whole thing is like watching a circus from the stands. I sit there and watch my W run around hopping through hoops, jumping out of clown cars, spinning on the trapeze, riding a unicycle...and at the end of it all, nothing has really happened.

Oh well. One day it will all be a fading memory.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
steady #2044812 07/25/10 11:48 PM
S
steady Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Saturday my D had a soccer game. My W has the kids so I met them there at noon. My D didn't make the first two games so I went up to the coach and talked to him. Turns out my D wasn't on his roster. So I talked to the other coach - same thing. I asked my W what the name of the coach who called her was. I asked the referee if he knew the coach and he told me they played at 9 am that morning.

So we decided to sit and watch the game that was going on so my D could see what it was like.

There we were, the four of us sitting in these small bleachers just like a happy family. I talked small talk here and there with my W. I had been ignoring her when I've seen her but I decided that was too juvenile. lol

The plan was I was going to take my S and D to my SIL's parents house to celebrate my S's birthday - it was Friday. So I took my S to the house to pick up their bathing suits and a change of clothes and grabbed some drinks. I put seltzer and ice into a sports cup for my W. I had asked her if she wanted anything from the house before we left and she said no. It was sooooo hot out I figured I'd bring her a drink anyway.

My S and I got back and we watched the rest of the game. My W thanked me for the drink. She ended up drinking the whole thing.

I took my S and D to the party at 1:30 and we spent most of the time in the pool. It was a good time. We then went out for ice cream and then I dropped them off. My brother came with me because I don't want to do any drop off's without a third person present. My W has started fabricating things and I don't want to be in a position where we're alone and she has an opportunity to make something up.

After that I just hung out at my brother's house.

My W emailed me earlier today asking about switching some days in August. She said she wants to take the kids camping. I told her I didn't see a problem with switching but I would like to know who was going and where.

I have a strong suspicion she is dating someone and I want to make sure she isn't bringing the kids around him.

She emailed me a little later and told me she moved all of her stuff back into the master bedroom. I've been staying there since November of '08 while she's been staying in the guest room on the other side of the house. She said she doesn't want to be sleeping that far away from the kids anymore.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19